Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday-9:45am

Busy day yesterday. I decided to email the lady from the bird rescue organization in Fargo about giving her the wooden tri-level playpen. And she showed up and the playpen was gone before 4pm.
Last night I was thinking--I didn't check the bag with the larger bird toys, so I'm not sure I gave her the little plastic food and water cups that went with the playpen. I'll have to email her and ask her.
I also posted an ad in freecycle for a free Tony Little "Gazelle". I have no place to set it up in my small apartment, so it has been in the garage since I moved here.

Good grief!! I had 27 people email me that they wanted it! A lady, her husband, and their little white dog came in a pickup truck and took away the Gazelle before 6pm.

Then Dagan called and said they were there to pick up the rest of the booth for ValleyCon. He and Leah and Chuck were down by the garage--and gone before 7pm. My garage is even cleaner now--hehe!

That was fast!! I do need to email Lois, tho, and ask her if I sent the bird cups along? They might be out in a box in the garage.

Just wanted to show you what always happens with the cat grass. I trim it a couple of times and then it dies. ?? I take it that must be what happens to oats? I wonder what would happen if I didn't cut it back? Would it go to seed? I trim it because it gets so tall it starts to just fall over. Maybe I'll try leaving it next time.

Yesterday felt like survival day--hehe! I watched Mongol (2007):

In the 12th century, an orphaned young slave named Temudjin (Tadanobu Asano) escapes from his captors and begins the journey that will lead him to become one of the greatest conquerors the world has ever known. Honglei Sun and Ying Bai co-star in this Oscar-nominated epic adventure from writer-director Sergei Bodrov, the first in a trilogy that spans the life story of Genghis Khan.

I loved this movie and will definitely want to see the following two movies in the trilogy! Subtitled. Gritty. Violent. Beautiful scenery. Love story (yes! I was surprised). Amazing what he endured so far. Not sure how much of it is absolute truth, of course, but I was mesmerized! A different viewpoint on the man and his life than I have ever seen before.

Then I watched Heartland (1980):

In 1910, Elinore Randall, a widow, and her seven-year-old daughter travel by train to face two great unknowns, a strange land and life with a man they have never met.

Conchata Ferrell (who plays the maid on Two and a Half Men right now) plays Elinore and she is wonderful!!! If you're only used to seeing her in comedies being lippy (which she is excellent at) you will see another side of her as an actress--a serious side. This movie is about basic survival in the west--small cattle ranching--also very gritty and realistic. Rip Torn plays the rancher--another side of him as an actor, also, I hadn't seen. Was very good! Thanks, Ruby, for suggesting it! I loved it! :):)

Still not sleeping well. Tired. Enough said, eh? hehe! 43 degrees and raining this morning. Good thing I had the pickups yesterday while it was dry. :)

No comments: