Meanwhile--on the home front--I slept restlessly for a few hours and finally couldn't get back to sleep at all. A little nervous about the procedure, of course--but also wondering if I will even be having it at all? Leah called last night and said Michal heard that they were canceling all unnecessary surgeries--except for emergencies it sounded like? I did get a call yesterday to confirm on the surgery, but that was earlier in the day.
Anyways, I will call this morning and double check--and then call Dagan and Leah and let them know by about 8-8:30am, as soon as I can find out. And then--the roads are so horrible with ice--and some are flooded--will we find a route to get there? Well, no use worrying about it, I know. I already took my mega dose of steroids (for the swelling) with dinner, used the special mouthwash, haven't eaten since 6pm, and no fluids since about 9pm. Slept from 10pm-2am. And now here I am bothering you--hehe!
Moreso than the worrying about whether or not I will have the surgery or if we will be able to even get there (we'd get there if we have to creep along--we're Minnesotans, don'tchaknow!)--is the fact that I couldn't take a pain pill. That is mostly what was keeping me awake. So--since my surgery isn't until 11am--I took a pain pill with a tiny bit of water at 2:30am. I know they said no fluids after midnight--but my surgery is later in the day, so I think I'll be just fine on that score. It even said if you had medication you had to take you could take it with very little water. I know--I didn't have to, but..... I am waiting for it to take the edge off.
It will be very disappointing, to say the least, if they have to cancel. I already took the steroids and such. And I have been waiting for quite a while--what feels like forever. The announcement went out in the evening--so they probably wouldn't have called people about cancellations--and wouldn't until this morning, if that is the case. Time will tell, right? Meanwhile--the harder edge is softening just a bit. I thought--as long as I was up...who knows when I'll have time or feel up to blogging, right? So strange--I almost didn't make it to the dentist that other day because of the weather. The forces have been against me on this--hehe! Well, it is a test of patience and my personal dance with pain, eh? I am winning, tho! Never fear! I can hang in here even longer if I have to--no problem. :)
I am going to go watch Netflix or something on tape...maybe snooze in my chair, if I am lucky, eh? And say a little prayer for all the people fighting the flooding!! Dagan and Leah and I are all fine on that score. Leah's mom, too--so far as I have heard. They said they are now predicting the highest cresting of the Red River ever recorded--41 feet by Saturday? Yup! A big prayer! :):)
P.S. I will keep you updated--on the flood and the surgery. Even if I have to have Dagan or Leah post a little something for me. I promise. :):)