Thursday, April 07, 2011

Thursday-6am

I told you Karma makes me laugh every day. Some days there's a whole lot of giggling going on up here. ;)

This was the morning sky yesterday.
I do so love the sky.
It got warmer than they expected and now they're predicting 58 degrees today! What a heatwave! Really does feel like spring. Caroline cleaned out my window sills and wiped down the porch furniture on Tuesday. There are flies on the porch (much to Karma's delight and my consternation). Spring has finally sprung up here. It will take a while to melt the snowbanks and snow piles, but spring is here! :)
****
Dagan and Leah came over Tuesday night. They ordered Chinese (my late birthday choice)--yummm! I love fried rice! And we finally had a Sacred Circle. Very good energy. Good information for each one of us in the Angel Cards. Just a really great night! :)
****
I played with the Parallel Pens a little. This is what the nibs look like. Right out of the center come these two flat layers. A little odd looking. Mine are the narrowest (1.5).
The brochure shows an example of the graduated color it is possible to create with these pens using the special mixable ink cartridges...
...and some examples of some of the decorative effects that can be done.
They include samples of three different calligraphic alphabets.
I wondered what these thin flexible metallic rectangles were. You use them to clean between the plates of the nib!
You get a red and a black ink cartridge and a converter, too, with each pen.
So, I had to try graduating from black to red. Fun!
I can see where it would take some practice as to how much color to tap on the end of the other pen--but that was my very first attempt. They are very juicy inks. :)
****
Let's see...
The roofers have been back this week. So there is occasional clomping and pounding going on again. They can't have all that much left to do, you'd think? I'll be so glad to see all their stuff gone and out of the parking lot! :)
****
For my birthday Dagan and Leah gave me the rest I needed to order the kalimba! (Plus an extra $10--so I actually have cash if I wanted to buy a coffee or something when I am hopefully out and about occasionally this summer.) Since I had emailed Mark at Kalimba Magic a while back and he said he'd be sure to save one for me for April, Mark told me he'd give me the old price (they went up in March)--tada! And I asked if it was possible for me to hear the ones he has left on a video so I can pick mine. He said sure--is looking for his video cord. ;) Such a nice young man. So, all that's left is choose one and order!! :):)
****
I've been storing up some more of the free Ecollege classes Tori told me about. I am now collecting classes on Creative Visualization, Handmade Soapmaking, Creative Writing, Short Story Writing, and Yoga Explained. Any time I have nothing else lined up...I have all these classes saved! Neat!
****
I finished watching Mad Men: Season Four! I really do enjoy that show and love the characters. They're into 1965 now. I was 14 years old. So many things in this show look familiar to me--hairstyles, dishes, clothing, nic-nacs, cars, furniture...and, more importantly, I remember the culture. The racism, prejudices, chauvinism...the TV programs, the news, the commercials, and the events. Makes you think about how much we have changed in so many areas...and how little in others. Fascinates me!
****
Well, the sun is coming up on this Thursday morning.
Have a satisfying day! :):)
****
"Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

20 comments:

Furry Bottoms said...

I love that Karma.... I do!!! :) Those pen work look like a lot of fun.

Intense Guy said...

*giggles at the goofy kat*

:)

Those pens look pretty slick - I'd love to see you try those fancy calligraphic alphabets!

I know I couldn't do it.

Happy Spring!

AliceKay said...

Karma reminds me so much of my cat Boots. He's been gone quite a few years so I don't have any digital video of him. I'll post some pics of him sometime so you can see what I mean.

I'm glad you, Dagan and Leah were finally able to get together for your Sacred Circle. They sound like very special kids. :)

Those pens look strange but also very neat. I liked how the ink changed colors while you were writing. I would think it might take some time to get used to something like that. Have fun with them.

I'll be looking forward to seeing and hearing your new kalmiba. I like the sound that comes from one.

Nice shot of the early morning sky. It always amazes me to see such flat land in your pictures. I'm so used to living in the mountains. I hope the rest of your Thursday was a good one.

Toriz said...

I'm glad Spring has finally arrived with you, and that you're enjoying collecting those courses. :)

Sounds like your late birthday celebration was a success! I love fried rice too... Had some when I was trying those sweet and sour crispy bites I mentioned the other day. I thought they went well together. :)

That's great about getting the old price. Just goes to show that some people do work with you, and some people aren't just after money! :)

Yes, some things have changed, and some things haven't changed that much. And some things that changed are coming back in style (in one way or another). Especially fashions. Or so I'm told. Not that I pay much attention to fashions really.

So Leah is better now?

Anonymous said...

Karma is just too funny its funny how it doesnt take much to amuse animals lol Im glad you got warmer weather than you thought you were :o)

Anonymous said...

I forgot, I have not made any owl potholders Im not sure I would know where to start on making one of those lol it is a good idea though :o)

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Funny Cat!!

Isn't it amazing how much joy they bring to our lives....and they ask for so little in return. Some food, a little water, a full box of treats and toys, a comfy bed, cat tree, and a few shower curtain strips....that's all!!!

Have fun!

Rita said...

Nikki--I love her, too, silly thing--hehe! ;)

Iggy--She's goofy, alright! I might just have to try one of those alphabets, now. ;)

AliceKay--I'd love to see pictures of Boots.
We had such a nice evening. They stayed longer than they planned. ;)
You can just use those Parallel pens as regular calligraphy pens, too.
I do love the sky and I see a lot more of it since I moved here where we have few trees.
I'll have to make a video of my rookie kalimba playing when I finally get it. :)

Tori--I think I almost have as many courses as I need for back up stuff to do--hehe!
Fried rice and crispy bites does sound pretty good. :)
That was really nice of him to give me the old price. He sure seems like a nice young man.
I'm not into fashion either. Not by a long shot! ROFL!
Leah was better, but she is still having the occasional coughing jag, poor thing.

Lynn--How Karma could be so intrigued by some strips of plastic is beyond me. But it made me laugh and laugh! :)
I think owl oven mitts would be cool!

Donna--I know! And Karma doesn't even have a cat tree or real genuine cat treats (even tho she thinks they're treats--they're just regular dry food--LOL!). She does entertain me in return. And do a pretty nice job of cuddling when the mood strikes her or she's cold. ;)

Cowgirl Red said...

Karma is hoot! I love those pens. How much fun. Can't wait to see what you create with them. Xoxo. terah

Rita said...

Terah--Karma's still pawing that long strip of plastic into a clump so she can lie around on it. No clue why it is so fascinating to her--ROFL!
Soooo proud of you and Puncher! Hope you had a good weekend. :)

Melisa said...

Those pens look really interesting. I love fancy letter work. I can't do it, but I admire it. That little kalimba is so cute!

Rita said...

Melisa--Welcome!!
I went to a calligraphy class about 20 years ago, but I only learned one simpler alphabet. The older lady who taught the class had been a professional calligrapher all her life and could hand write so precisely that it looked like it came off a printer. Consistency wasn't my strong point--hehe! But, then again, computers put her out of business. These fancier alphabets would be challenging. :)
I'm hoping to order the Kalimba on Tuesday the 12th. Whoohoo! :)
Thanks for stopping by.

giddy up said...

Rita,
I may have to buy another pen to try. Those look like they would be fun to try. You will have to share more with what you do with them... Karen

Rita said...

Karen--Fun to play with, either one or two. I will post some playtime results. :)

B @ Sweet Limes said...

Looks like you're having fun with those pens! I really like the picture of the sky. So pretty, like a thick blanket.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Karma cracks me up!!! There is nothin' quite like a cat for entertainment!!!

Your pens look quite interesting!!!
Have a blast with 'em.

God bless ya and have an amazin' day!!! :o)

Toriz said...

I'm glad Leah is doing better... Hope she's fully better soon!

Rita said...

B--Welcome! Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog and you are very crafty and artistic!
I love the sky...and birds, too. We don't have many trees near my building, so we mostly have swallows and a few sparrows--oh, and the ducks and geese that stop by in their travels out in the fields. :)

Nezzy--Maybe cats are entertaining because they are so strange--LOL! Karma is still fascinated with the strip of plastic liner a week later. ??
Bless you, too, lady!

Tori--Yes, I hope Leah gets over that tail end coughing pretty soon. I haven't seen her for a while. Hope she's all better by the time we meet next Tuesday. :)

Serena Lewis said...

Nothing like a good giggle session...it's good healing therapy too. Karma brings you so much joy and love, Rita...it's lovely to see. It's just like the relationship I have with Cody.

I adore sky-scapes too! Magnificent!

I'm a huge fan of fried rice too, Rita. I make my own with vegetarian bacon and it's oh-so tasty.

It sounds like your Sacred Circle night was a successful evening and, even better, that you all received positive info.

The parellen pens look like a lot of fun.

The roofers are STILL working?!

I hadn't heard of a Kalimba until now. What a lovely sound!

I will definitely be checking out the Ecollege classes.

Must dash....Michelle is dropping by shortly to pick me up as she has a doctor's appointment and I get to watch Mikayla who is also getting her 4 months vaccination this morning. Poor baby.

Anywhoo, I'll be back later to finish catching up on your blog.

Love and hugs,
Serena xo

Rita said...

Serena--A week later and that strip of plastic is still her favorite toy--LOL!

Your fried rice sounds yummy. I've tried making my own several times, but haven't been all that successful. I like the restaurant fried rice better.

Yes, the roofers are pounding overheard as I speak (Thurs). Been so long I can't remember when they started, but I think it was about a year ago. *sigh*

I ordered my kalimba on Tuesday. Should be here pretty soon!!

I hope you get some pictures of Mikayla and that her vaccination went okay. :):)