1. What was your first pet? And what was its name?
My very, very first pets (around age 8 or 9) were some guppies in a fish bowl and they never got named, but I got to see live births--awesome!
2. What's your earliest memory?
I wrote a story about it in college.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any type of home, where would you live? And what kind of home would you live in?
I'd live in Minnesota in a house big enough for two creative rooms--one large one for an arts/crafts studio and one smaller one for a writing den--on some land where there's woods and a creek or river. Enough land where I couldn't see my neighbors, but enough room that I could hold classes to do fun things and have an extra room for company to stay.
4. If you had to pick just one meal to have every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? And why?
Goodness! I just don't know. Maybe if I picked something like stir-fry or hot dish so that you could switch the ingredients up all the time...you know how I love variety! ;)
5. What would your ideal job be?
Can't work anymore. I was an English Writing major in college...if I ever decided on something that was worth giving up everything else in my life for to write, I could write I suppose. But I do love variety, so I'd have to fall into intense passion, that's for sure. ;)
6. Do you love to read? If so, what are your favourite types of books?
In my little one-bedroom apartment I have four bookcases with books. I have books on writing, on arts & crafts (painting, drawing, polymer clay, aromatherapy, cardmaking, calligraphy, etc, etc), on spirituality and religions, self-help, cookbooks, chic mysteries (from my cleaning girl), literary journals and collections, some historical, novels, mysteries, memoirs...quite a variety. I go in cycles where sometimes I am reading compulsively and sometimes I only have a couple books I'm reading at a snail's pace (like now).
7. Are you a fan of watching movies? If so, what are your favorite types of movies?
Ha! Am I a fan of movies! Always was, but especially now since I have been housebound and the Universe sent me Netflix--LOL! I like some popular (although the comedies have become so raunchy I am not liking a lot of them anymore), independent, sci-fi, thrillers, some action-adventure, period pieces, old black and whites, classics, TV mini-series and movies, documentaries, nature, animated, dramas, foreign...lots! :)
8. It's a cold, dark night in the middle of Winter; the snow is falling thick and fast outside the window... What are you doing?
Inside--nice and warm--either watching one of those movies, reading, writing letters, making cards, working on some journal or another...or on the laptop as I am right now in that very scenario--LOL!
9. It's a beautiful, hot day in the middle of Summer; there's not a cloud in the sky, and bearly a breeze... What are you doing?
Inside--nice and cool--see number 8. ;)
10. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be? And why?
I'm terrible with these type of questions. Too pragmatic. They're fictional. I can't talk to them. I'd rather talk to the author.
11. If you could have a conversation with any person - alive or dead; just as long as they really exist (or have really existed in the past) - right now, who would it be? Why them? And what would you discuss?
Again...does this mean I am weird? I have no desire to talk to anyone famous. I'd be much more interested in talking with a pioneer family, or somebody who worked at building the pyramids, or a maid from a big house in England back in the day, or a monk from an old Tibetan temple, or a family following the reindeer in Scandinavia, or a Chinese family of rice farmers. Those are the people who interest me. The common folk, you know? They fascinate me. We already know quite a bit about famous people.
Anyways, that's enough for today. Karma's mostly asleep at my side in her comfy bed (her ears give her away that she is not totally out). My ear is mostly unplugged. Everything I do, I do slowly. It's now 6:15am and I can still hear the snow plow. They have to be thrilled to finally have some work. They're predicting it to be around 30 degrees the next few days, so most of this snow could be gone once again.
The start of a good week ahead, right? Stay safe and well. :):)
"Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door."