Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday-9am

We've had so many odd days of flipping from clouds to sun.
 But aren't the clouds magnificent!
Well, I have some really exciting and apropos news!!
****  
You aren't going to believe this!
****
Okay...yesterday I am telling you all how I am struggling over this mixed media workshop, right?  I confess my fears.  I am wishing I could take that bigger step...leap into the deep end...emphatically cross that invisible inner line, right?
****
Well, I go check my email and I won!!!
****
What, you ask?  What in the world did you win?
****
Well,  Traci Bautista is the teacher of this Strathmore workshop on mixed media where I hit my brick wall.  I saw she has a website and started following her...thinking maybe I could get some inspiration, you know?  She's starting a six month online class ($75.00) in June called the Doodles Unleashed Video Kit Club.  She was running a contest to give away a spot in the class.  I thought--wow!--now that would really force me to be looser and bolder!  
****
So, of course, I was afraid to enter for three days.  Finally, I told myself--you'll never win, you coward, so what are you worrying about.  Sign up!  If you win--and what are the chances of that--then it would be meant to be.  And it would be time to cross that line...to quit dipping your toe in and totally take the plunge.  You'll never win, anyways.
****
I WON!!!  
**** 
See here!  I won from her blog and somebody else won from facebook.  And here are the class details!  You might not be able to see them if you don't belong to Ning.  If you can't--you can see her books Doodles Unleashed and Collage Unleashed on Amazon and they will give you an idea of how wild and free these classes are!  Whew!
****     
This is it, gang!  No more pussyfooting around.  
****
Oh, and I apologize ahead of time if I might sometimes have a harder time getting around to blogs and comments.  There's this whole little private group...posting pictures and chatting...so I know it is going to take up more time... 
****
...okay--slow, deep breaths...
***
Six months!  
Starts in days!  
My stomach is in knots.  
But I can't stop smiling!
****
My excitement and nervousness is hard to be contained. 
 The only thing uncontained about Karma was moving her cat bed off the loveseat.  She's such a sprawler that, pushing with her feet farther and farther backwards for a belly rub, she almost fell off headfirst!
Eyes closed she is used to pushing her entire body up against something...anything.  Karma needs to be contained--LOL!  I, on the other hand, need to learn how to be unleashed and free and uncontained.  ;)  
****
Well, you know you will be joining me on my adventure.  I promise I will post pictures--whether they are absolutely awful or passable.  I will tell you how it feels to cross that invisible line...repeatedly.  *my heart is pounding*  Yup!  I may have only whispered, but the Universe heard me.  Be careful what you ask for, eh?  ;)  LOL!
****
  The time is now.  
I am going to jump in the deep end!!  
****
"It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed."
Theodore Roosevelt
****
"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain."
Frank Herbert

26 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's so awesome, rita!

(i've been asking the universe for a whole lot and it has not been answering!) :)

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Congrats!!! It's wonderful to win stuff! It's such a great surprise. I know you'll enjoy the class. Interesting, I'm just writing my post about how YOU were one of my winners in my potholder/towel quiz! So, two wins to celebrate today! Ok, a towel is not as great as a creative class, but winning is winning! Your towel will be in the mail very soon. :-)

fishducky said...

Congratulations!! Has it ever occurred to you that you won because YOU DESERVED IT???

Beth said...

Big Congratulations Rita. I am sure you will do splendidly and you will show us lovely things.

Dana said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! :)

Megan Adamson said...

Oh wow, I am so pleased for you!
You never know what you can achieve unless you give it a go ;)
I have seen some of these books and I just love them!

Karma is just like my cats. They sprawl out on the sofa when they are tired, which seems to be much of the time when the weather is hot!

Janie Junebug said...

I knew you could be a loose woman! You're freeeeeeee!

Love,
Janie

Friko said...

Congratulations and the very best of luck, dear girl!

DJan said...

well, you of all people really deserve this, and I know you will have fun in spite of all your reservations. Yayy! I am so happy for you!!!

Jenny Woolf said...

Well done! what a thrill. I will not be alone here in waiting to hear what it is like, and seeing your work.

Boy, I have to say your lovely cat Karma looks pretty lazy in those shots. But I am sure she is not in the LEAST lazy, right?
:)

Again, well done, Rita, I suspect that place has gone to the best recipient

carol l mckenna said...

Congrats on winning ! I am so happy for you ~ Wonderful ~ will be looking forward to your creations ~ Karma is delightful as usual ~ Excellent sky photos ^_^

Far Side of Fifty said...

Way to go! Off the deep end!! Six months..wow..you might not want to talk to us people who cannot draw a circle when you are done:)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Congratulations that is wonderful news, you will have to keep us posted about how it goes......

Karma looks so relaxed but I bet if she had fallen head first she wouldn't have felt to relaxed.....lol

Queenie Jeannie said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! I know you will LOVE IT and look back wondering what your silliness was all about! Can't wait to see all your creations!

Murr Brewster said...

Nothing I like better than to take an art class. You get that chance to lose yourself in time, and permission to let yourself do it. Fear not.

betty said...

I am so happy for you Rita!!! Congratulations!!! I know it will be a wonderful experience for you! I look forward to seeing and hearing about whatever you post in regards to this!!! That is such fantastic news!!!!

betty

Deanna said...

that is fantastic Rita! I cannot wait to see and hear more. Karma is such a silly billy. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Rita I'm so happy for you! This will be great for you! I'm expecting LOTS of pictures and updates!

Unknown said...

Oh, what great news. Can hardly wait to see your posts. Don't be down on yourself, go for it and enjoy the fun.
I love your cloud photos. Have you seen the link to the Cloud Appreciation Society on my blog?
Thanks for your encouragement with the 31 day blog prompt. It was good to widen what I wrote about. Practice makes perfect, eh?

Toriz said...

YAY! That's awesome! Congratulations! And have fun! :)

SandeeNC said...

Congrats, I can see how excited you are, now I think you need to take a lesson from Karma and push yourself! ;) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

AliceKay said...

Congratulations! Enjoy the class and have a great time while doing it. :)

pauline said...

oh Rita, YAY!!!! i'm so happy for you!!! You have NOTHING to fear, my dear. This isn't brain surgery, it's art, and i'll bet you're gonna have fun every step of the way (even if you do hit walls now and then). GOOD FOR YOU!!! And those cloud pics are beautiful... i love watching a clouded sky. xoxo

Victoria said...

Yay!! Congrats ..so wonderful! and aww..your kitty is soooo adorably cute!
Beautiful photos..
Wishing you a fabulous day and sparkling wkd ahead!!
Victoria

Dave said...

Reading comments about the books the colage one sounds complicated, but I am sure that if you feel positive about it you will succeed Rita - Dave

Karen Smithey said...

Yay you! For winning the free class, but mostly for crossing that line!

I think it was Eleanor Roosevelt that said, "do one thing every day that scares you". The more you do it the easier it gets!