Monday, October 07, 2013

Monday-8:45am

Good Morning!
I know.  I have usually been posting on Tuesday and Wednesdays, but I thought I'd let you know that I am probably going to be away for a bit.  Have been coming down with that cold/sore throat thing that's been going around and it's progressed to general misery now today. 
I did make it to Dr. Topley's on Friday, though.  Declined a physical or mammogram.  My blood pressure was back in normal range and my heart and lungs sounded fine.  He looked over all the lab work that was done at Dr. Sleckman's (rheumatologist) a few months ago--all looked fine.  Off I went.  At least we have touched base if something comes up in the future.  ;)
****
Friday...I did add some collage paper to the workshop project.  You can't see it, but there's a light green paper all around the flower and then I did the flower with red mulberry paper.  That's as far as I got.
Friday night at 10:30pm I hauled down all my old non-stick pots and pans and put them downstairs by the mailboxes.  (I waited until then so there was less chance of the maintenance man throwing them away.)  At 7:30 Saturday morning I walked a letter down and they were already gone.  Good!  Somebody took them.  :)
****
On our dark, drizzly Saturday afternoon I saw this woman who brightened up the parking lot briefly...
...with her gorgeous, rainbow-colored scarf.  (Not sure what the proper name is for them.) 
I still had the car all weekend because Dagan and Leah went out of town.  Wasn't sure if I was going to go over to Joann Fabrics over the weekend or wait until Monday night and go with Leah (more fun, of course).  I wanted to buy some fabric for book covers--faux leather and suede.  
****
Saturday evening my throat started to get scratchy.  I woke up Sunday and it was still the same.  I wasn't really sick-sick yet, but felt like I was probably coming down with something, you know?
****
The sun came out for the first time in days.
Decisions.  Decisions.
I knew I would be even more miserable today (from the standing and walking) but I decided to go for it.  I figured I wouldn't be able to get there for some time if I got truly sick, so it was kind of now or never.  (Well, not never, but maybe weeks from now.)
****
I didn't know it, but they had a big fabric sale going on!  Whoohoo!  The faux leather was rather ugly, so I focused on the suede...brought home seven hunks (from 1/2 to 1 yard plus--because the red one was the end of the bolt).   
All of them were 40-50% off--plus I had a coupon for 20% off my total purchase!!  What a deal! 
This is the strangest print, but I like it a lot.  Has those darkened areas to make it look distressed or old...and the roses are kind of watercolory.  I hope the print isn't too large to look good on a book cover. 
Anyways, I survived the shopping trip and came limping home.  My leg didn't do too terribly badly while I was still moving, but when I had to stand there while they cut all of these...of course, it went into the pain and numb mode.  I was too happy to care!  :):)
****
By late afternoon my nose started running and my head plugged up.  (Always baffles me how a nose that runs that much can have anything left inside TO plug up?)  I haven't slept well or long the last couple nights.  I am now coughing a little this morning...have definitely progressed to being sick-sick. 
****
But...
 I have more suede in more colors than I ever expected for less than I had left to spend this month.  Whoohoo!  My Dick Blick order is due to arrive tomorrow.  I'll take pictures but I am really not sure when I'll be back.  If I am gone for quite a while, just know that I am waiting for the misery to pass.  This kind of thing gets worse before it gets better, as you know.  So many people have been suffering with this awful cold/cough.  I feel like I've been run over by a truck this morning...but I would have felt awful from the shopping trip regardless--LOL!  ;)
****
Miss Karma is feeling quite fine. 
This too shall pass.
We will see you when we see you.  :):)
****
"Have patience with all things, 
But, first of all with yourself."
Saint Francis de Sales

24 comments:

Akannie said...

HIya, doll...

Hoping you get better soon. Love those kind of surprises--feels like Christmas ! lol
I'm busy with pickling beets and odds and ends today, but wanted to pop in and say Hi. xoxoxoxox Taking a break so that I'll still be able to stand up by the end of the day--I sympathize with your legs !!

Zue said...

Oh, poor you! I hope you feel better soon. You seem to expect to be really unwell, hope you are mistaken.
You have lots of sewing projects to enjoy when you are back to normal!
Sue xx

Intense Guy said...

I hope you recover ASAP!! The amount of snot the human head can hold is simply amazing. I recall reading somewhere it was something like 2 quarts a head being produced!

You might of wanted to save one of the old pots for a drip pan...

:)

Dee said...

Dear Rita, I suspect that you chose that quote from St. Francis de Sales--a fine teacher by the way--because those are the words you need to live by for the next few days? weeks? while your body goes about its ways of finding balance again. Be gracious to yourself. Peace.

Furry Bottoms said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo don't get sick!!! You have so much craft stuff to do, you can't get sick! Aw drats. Feel better soon, Rita! :)

If I get a cold or something, I can't just take whatever I find on the drugstore shelves anymore, because of my blood clots. It sucks. But if you can take Vitamin C in tea form or something, drink lots of it!

Anonymous said...

That fabric you like reminds me of fine china. Your view out the window is lovely. Get well soon, Rita.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the (cold) club--glad you could attend the meeting!!

Beth said...

Beautiful fabric choices.
I hope you feel better really soon!!

DJan said...

Bummer that you're sick. I fully intend to experience this upcoming trip without any illness, but it might not be possible. I haven't gotten my flu shot yet, but I'll wait until I return home before I get it. And try not to breathe while on the plane. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

glad you made it to the doc appts but sorry you're not feeling well.

Janie Junebug said...

You probably caught it from me. Or were you sneaking around with Willy Dunne Wooters again? You said we wouldn't be able to see the green around the flower, but I can see it. Does that mean I'm hallucinating?

Love,
Janie

Shelly said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. 'Tis the season for that kind of stuff to be going around. Could you train Miss Karma to bring you some chicken soup when you ring a little bell?

GrandmaG said...

So sorry to hear you're sick. I hope it passes quicker than expected!

AliceKay said...

Feel better soon!

ChicagoLady said...

Sounds like quite a haul of fabric!

I'm sorry you're sick, but I know what you're going through. I had mine last weekend, and ended up staying home last Monday and Tuesday. Finally made it to work Wednesday even though I really didn't feel like being there. And that was just the nose and sore throat. The coughing then started on Thursday. It never got that bad though. Hope yours goes away quickly. Do you take anything to help alleviate the symptoms?

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. What lovely sky shots.

Darla said...

Hope you feel better soon. Wonder if you picked up a germ in the Dr's office.

Your suede fabrics look nice and one is Red of course, LOL!

Darla

andi filante said...

Yay for your fabric deals! Boo for the sickies. I had the crud a couple weeks ago. Fortunately I only felt really bad for 2 days, then started getting better. Tell Karma you could use some good Karma!!

-andi

Far Side of Fifty said...

Get better soon, yes it is going around. It is some rotten stuff. I am still not completely over it. The first four days are the worst:(

Carol said...

Hope you are feeling better and it's not the same crude going around here! Take care and drink lots of fluids.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful sky shots.

Hope you feel better!

Serena Lewis said...

So sorry to hear you're under the weather. I hope you feel better very soon. It sounds like your shopping trip was worth it. Enjoy those goodies when you're feeling better.

Love and hugs,
Serena xo

Jenny Woolf said...

Oh, Rita, I am thinking of you, and I hope you're soon back blogging and feeling fine again! (I have been away for the last week so have only just been catching up.)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sky shots!