Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tuesday-9:30am

Good Morning!  
I didn't think I'd even be able to post today.  For several days Blogger would not let me add photos, but apparently has changed its mind.  I will keep my fingers crossed that everything else works and here goes...
****
The closest I got to what I am drinking for T Stands For Tuesday is the coffee pot on the countertop--LOL!
There's no 50 Shades of Gray at my place.  
It's 50 Shades of Red--LOL! 
I know they don't match, but I don't care.  I am loving all the red accents.  :)
****
McFamily was over Saturday.
Before pics.   
The old end table went with them, too.  There were sure a lot of cords and electronics relocate. 
Mr. Ian was laughing at Gramma... 


...while he chomped on his chew toy. 
Karma was not amused. 
She is really not sure what to think of this little creature and keeps her distance.  Karma believes he's noisy-wiggly-harmless, but keeps an eye on him just the same. 
She's totally unaware of the range of Ian's future threat potential.  Just wait till he's mobile--LOL! 
After photos. 
Believe it or not, this triple dresser is filled almost entirely with card-making and letter-writing paper and supplies.
****
The new TV set-up! 
Now I have room to keep the taboret against the wall, too, instead of under the art table or out in the room.  Nice!  Because now that I can't move my craft table by myself (since repaired, if you recall), I don't keep one chair tucked behind the table there by the window and need to keep a chair at the art table at all times...so the taboret has been perpetually out in the room and in the way.  Now it has its own little spot.  Things like that delight me.  :)
****
But the really exciting news that I wanted to blog about since Friday is that my Secret Cashwise Santa has struck again!!  Cashwise delivered the anonymous gift card Thursday night.  I can't help but wonder...who she is??  (I did call Cashwise that first year and they told me it was called in and "she" called back to make sure the card was delivered).  But this angel wants to remain a mystery.  I am so grateful that it is difficult to put into words.  Whoever you are, you have made my Christmas once again and I send you love and virtual bear hugs!!  Miss Karma thanks you, too, as the cat food larder will be expanded, also, of course--LOL!  :):)  
Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!
****
It's a pale grey blanketed day.  We had rain all weekend--yes, it was warm enough to rain for a few days.  Then the temps plunged back down and yesterday there was ice everywhere.  The main roads were probably not too bad by the afternoon--but the side streets, driveways, parking lots, and sidewalks were ice covered.   I was going to go over to Leah's yesterday to help work on the Christmas project she's working on but we talked it over and I decided to wait until tomorrow.  (Caroline comes this afternoon.)
****
That little old Paseo is just so light that it doesn't want to stop when the roads are slippery and keeps gliding along for a while even when you are pumping the brakes.  Needless to say I drive very slowly and cautiously in that car in the winter...or even in the rain, for that matter.  And this hobbling Gramma doesn't want to fall on the ice, either.  Even though Leah kindly offered to come out and walk with me up the driveway if I decided to brave it, I passed.
****
So, that's what's happening up here in Fargo.  We've dropped into the single digits and teens.  Those few warm days melted what little snow we had so it is brown and crispy outside with ice frosting.  Karma and I are snuggled up warm inside, though.  I am absolutely loving my apartment's red facelift.  Hopefully I will make it over to see McFamily tomorrow.  Caroline will be here.  (Can hardly wait to show her the facelift and tell her about Secret Santa!)  Blogger appears to be working again for me.  Life is very, very good!  Have a super week!  :):)
****
   “No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” 
Amelia Earhart   

31 comments:

Dee said...

Dear Rita, I so agree with that quotation by A. Earhart. The circle of caring and love and compassion grows, like the rings around a stone thrown into a pond, and expands from one act to countless others. Recently I was able to go shopping for Christmas and I could see that in the smiles and courtesy that the salesclerks would give the customers who then turned around and smiled at the rest of us in line. As you say, "Life is good. Very, very good." I hope your health continues to be good. And by the way, in Chinese thinking, red and purple are the colors of abundance!!!!! So you're set. Peace.

Intense Guy said...

“No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” - Amelia Earhart

She could have been talking about your Cashwise Angel. :)

Your "new digs" look really nice!!!

Mersad said...

Stay warm and safe. Winter can be so harsh, here too.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear Rita! I am very happy to find out that your Secret Santa showed up again to make life a little easier this holiday season. I'm sure Karma is happy, too, but is a bit too stubborn to crack a smile. :) Ian is such a bright eyed, good looking boy. How proud you must all be of him. Too many people are afraid of color. I happen to like the use of red in a house and I like what you've done in your abode.

Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Rita!

TexWisGirl said...

such a sweet secret friend you have. :) love all the red. and yes, karma doesn't know what's coming in the next year! :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I like all your reds :)

Your kitty will have time to adjust gradually to the growing threat ;) I know they will become fast buddies in a few years.

It is the small things, isn't it -the small kindnesses, the everyday things that start working right again- that make such a difference. :) Glad it's going well for you now.

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful quote and sweet new about your secret Santa.
I can imagine Karma will be finding new places to hide once your little Ian getting tootling around :-)
Wet and rainy here in Virginia.
Your pops of red are very warm and inviting!
Happy T Day to ya
oxo

Krisha said...

You have been busy. I love red and all the shades of it too.
Stay safe and warm.
Happy T-day.......LOVE Ian's pictures

Anonymous said...

Karma checking out the baby made me laugh out loud.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Rita - you place looks so homey! I love the red accents! Ian is such a cute happy little guy and he obviously loves his grandma! That is so nice that you have a friend who has given you such a nice Christmas surprise. Have a great week and stay warm. We have been down in the 40-50s at night and I am freezing.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Your secret Santa story is so sweet. Karma better enjoy her rest now because once Mr Ian starts crawling she will be looking for new hiding places. We warmed up a little ,too, but come tomorrow the cold is coming back to stay.

Denise Price said...

I like that your photo with the tea pot on the stove also shows Karma's dishes. Happy T Day to you both! :)

Hilary said...

Aww so nice of your secret Santa.. she knows you deserve it. So sweet, that Ian.

TwinkleToes2day said...

What an absolute treasure your Secret Santa is, I send them my heartfelt kind regards for their kindnesses.
I'm loving your reds Rita, the tv unit is fabulous!!
Master Ian is totally adorable.
Happy T Day (just in time) :o))

Janie Junebug said...

I'm so glad your angel struck again. I like red.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

Hey, Red Lady--looking good!! That quote reminds me of "Pay it forward".

Halle said...

I love your red accents as well. Red pops! and is perfect for a neutral background.
I love when babies lay like that!! feet in the air and not a care in the world. :)
Happy T Day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO lucky to have a secret Santa like that. Very impressive.

I sure like what you've done with the room and that is a HUGE TV. Wowser.

Karma will soon learn how much Ian will try to love her and pull her ears. I bet that won't go over well (grin).

Glad Blogger let you post today because it was fun reading about your week and spending a bit of RED T time with you this Tuesday.

Carol said...

I love hearing that Secret Santa has blessed you again ♥ Your reds are looking great and of course Ian is just adorable!!!

Dianne said...

Handsome little Ian is a charmer...but you are right. He could definitely be a potential hazard to a cat's preference for peace and quiet! Love your furniture changes! enjoy the new layout...and happy T day!

Jenny Woolf said...

What a lovely surprise to get the card! I love the red - it's a great colour to be surrounded with. Baby Ian is a joy. As you know I have been out of the loop for a while but it's good to return to your blog and see that things are going well for you.

DJan said...

Gosh, I got busy yesterday and missed your post! It's wonderful to know your Secret Santa has struck again. Wish I could say it is me but it's not. And the red is really really nice! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am loving the RED! It makes you happy just to see it! :-)
Haven't been around in a while I know...sorry. Health jumped up and stopped me in my tracks for a while, it is still nipping at my heals but I'm fighting back hard.
You sound very happy, and that warms my heart.
The spirit of Christmas is alive in you.
love to you my friend. huggles.

Victoria Zigler said...

They're all red, so they match; shades don't matter!

Poor Karma will learn soon enough about Ian's future threat potential.

I'm glad your Secret Santa struck again! I'm glad whoever it is wants to help you have a great Christmas each year!

andi filante said...

Hi Rita! I love red too...I've been adding more and more red to my house. Thanks for the sweet Christmas card! Ian is soooooo cute! And that pic of Karma is hilarious. :)

-andi

Zue said...

Hi Rita
Your red accents are really warm and cheering.....and the little one gets more handsome every week! :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I like the red and like you wouldn't mind too much if the colours didn't match but that is just me I am not a fancy person really pretty basic in fact just look at my house ok don't look at it because right now you would have trouble getting into the house there are boxes all over the place with presents in them

Feral Turtle said...

Poor Karma, having to share her abode...lol. Loving your red too. It really looks so cheery. Ian, as always, steals the show! Love your quote for the day and I suspect your secret Santa inspired it! Cheers Rita.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yeah for your secret Santa! She must be a really nice lady!!
I love red, but you know that! Poor Karma what a difference a few months will make in her life...but maybe she will like a crawling walking running Ian...we can hope:)

AliceKay said...

I enjoy seeing your pictures of Ian. It's nice to be able to see him grow up thru your camera lens. :) Look out Karma. Ian will be walking before you know it. LOL

Your Secret Santa is a very special person. Awesome, in fact. :)

According to the weatherman on TV tonight, this area has seen only 5 minutes of sunshine in the past 10 days. I know it's been very dark and gloomy and rain on and off. It's gotten colder now so there is some ice around. My car was covered with a dusting of snow this morning.

Anonymous said...

I like the red!