Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tuesday-11am

Good Tuesday Morning to you! 
Have had some beautiful spring days. 
Actually keep hoping these clouds would gather up into some good thunderstorms because it is so dry here.
The construction goes on...and the dust clouds hover over them. 
The T Stands For Tuesday group always shows what they have been drinking.  This time, instead of one of my usual red coffee mugs, I am showing lunch yesterday.  A glass of almond milk and a Quorn breaded chicken sandwich with cheese and mayo.   
My satchels for the sewing storage arrived days ago... 
...and my other birthday gifts I picked out.  Pilot Iroshizuku bottle of ink (Kon-Peki), a wide roll of the birds MT washi tape, a Lamy (EF) demonstrator fountain pen, and a Pilot (F) orange demonstrator (I heard they are going to discontinue the orange ones and I've always wanted one--dedicated to my Noodler's Apache Sunset ink).  
I did fill the new pens, but I have not worked up to organizing the sewing supplies just yet.  
****
I've been gone (for 2-4 hours) so many times (7 out of 9 days due to packages and recycling bin and not wanting to leave the cat box unscooped for more then two days) that Karma looks concerned and watches me every time I get up out of a chair--LOL!  But not until afternoon.  She knows I am pretty useless until I thaw out so I never go places in the mornings--ROFL!
****
So mornings she can relax in the sun.
I am staying home today.  From now on I can go over every other day to spend time with Sammy and Annie.  Life is good!  My dad made it home from the hospital on Saturday--with oxygen this time, so he's happy.  I had a video chat with McFamily last night.  No pictures yet, though, because they have been so busy.  (And I was so tired I forgot I could have at least snapped a picture of the video chat--duh!)  They just got back from two days at Mt. Fuji and tomorrow they head for two days in Kyoto.  They all looked a bit tired, but they have been up a mountain (next to Fuji, which was fogged over) and on a boat ride and spent many hours on a tour bus--LOL!  It was just so good to see them and hear their voices...and get a few Gramma smiles from Ian.  :) :)
****
  Gramma is really taking it easy and slowly today.  Been watching Netflix's Bloodline...which is like slowly peeling back layers and layers of secrets.  The family members are gradually revealed to you little by little...and not always who you first thought them to be.  I really enjoy that in a series.  These days a good series is like a really-good-long-fat novel.  They can take their time...and get to levels with characters you could never reach even in a two or three hour movie.  No wonder there are more "movie" actors coming over to various TV/Cable series (Cable seems to be better at it than broadcast TV).  They can be layered, meaty, juicy...and patient.  I think various series have become my favorite viewing choice.  
****
  Anyways, have a wonderful, wonderful day, people!!  :) :)  
****
“Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” 
Confucius

30 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

glad you're getting a slower pace to rest yourself, a bit. i know you're not used to this going, going, going. :) no wonder karma's keeping an eye on you. :)

Krisha said...

Happy T-day Rita!!

Such beautiful blue skies behind the clouds. We are cloudy and cool here today too, but I'm not complaining 'cause I know that hot heat is just around the corner.

Karma looks comfy and cozy laying in the sun light, she must have guessed you weren't going to dash out the door.......grin.

Have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You and Karma have a nice, relaxing enjoyable day!

~*~Patty S said...

Little Ian is already getting a taste of the road becoming a good little traveler!
I always wanted to visit Kyoto when I was younger (and still do dream of it some day...Japan is such a mystical and magical destination...wish it weren't so far away from the east coast!)...My Mom made me a mini dress out of this fab piece of kaleidoscope fabric that was made in Kyoto and that got me going along with watching SHOGUN and savoring each and every detail...Oh you got me going Rita!
We are having a very rainy day today but feeling grateful that we made it to Wash DC to see the cherry blossoms last night which was probably their last hurrah.
You get some cool stuff in the mail!
Happy T Day to ya.
Thanks for your visit and kind words at my Magpie's Nest
oxo

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, Rita & Kitty Kat Karma! It's great to see those puffy white clouds rolling across the blue sky above Fargo. Seems like sleeping in a sunny spot is Karma's full time job. I am so excited that Ian and his family are experiencing that once in a lifetime adventure. Mrs. Shady and I love to watch series and miniseries on Hulu and NetFlix. It's very enjoyable to watch an episode or two every evening (or even go on a viewing binge) and not have to wait a week or more in between network telecasts.

Enjoy the rest of your week, dear friend Rita!

Linda Kunsman said...

How nice indeed to have more spring-like weather! Looks like Karma is taking it all in quite well:). Always fun to get new goodies to play with! It's good to get some rest in between so many things though. Fab trip your family is having and I 'm sure they will have SO much to share when they return. Glad your dad is on the mend and home. Happy T day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those cloud pics(what is about clouds that make you just want to watch them?) Love the look of your lunch! Nice to see that Karma has found a good place to stretch out in! Happy T Day! Chrisx

Halle said...

OOO...I saw that show on Netflix...I considered starting it but then I end up binge watching and that's not good. ;)
Hope you get some rain soon. We have gotten a bit...not enough though esp with all the wind.
Happy T day!! Thanks for stopping by today. :)

Darla said...

I always enjoy your sky photo's. Does look a lot brighter around your place. Be sure to give us a review of those pens. I haven't had a new pen in ages and need to replace a couple.

Darla

Dianne said...

sounds like you've been busy...glad your McFamily is having a good trip! Love the sky photos...and kittly in the sun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was really impressed with those sewing containers. I hope they work for you, because what I have isn't exactly handy for me.

sounds like you are carrying your birthday into April, which is good. Nice new pens.

Glad that you have slowed a bit, and had a good chat with McFamily. Sounds like Ian is probably the only one not tired (grin).

I was delighted to see your almond milk was your drink of choice this week. Thanks for sharing it with us for T this Tuesday (OK, it's still Tuesday on the west coast).

froebelsternchen said...

Your sky photos are always grat! Thank you!
Coll new goodies!
Happy belated T-Day!

Ariel said...

The sky photos are gorgeous Rita. I love those storage boxes. Glad that your father is back home and is getting better
Susan

DJan said...

A friend suggested I watch The Bletchley Circle on Netflix, about a group of women who helped in the war who solve some crimes in England a decade later. I loved it! Have you watched it? It's only seven episodes but still... :-)

Ohhh Snap said...

Looking at my camera, I find I take a lot of pictures of clouds too : ). Your pens look fabulous, and oh that ink!

GrandmaG said...

Too bad because we're drowning in Missouri. Last week we had heavy rains and still drying out. It was too much for this old house and water seeped into the basement playroom :( Thank goodness there are only five more weeks of watching Jonah Tuesdays and Thursdays! Take care. {{{hugs}}}

Carol said...

Glad your weather is getting better for you.. And that you are taking it easy and resting up. today is a resting day of sorts for me.. Do have to do some of the neglected housework but I can breeze through that quickly :) I love those plastic storage bins, So easy to see what you have in them without opening but I have also started labeling them for ease of finding things late.

Zue said...

You will be so glad when Mc Family return, you can rest and put your feet up:)
How far away do they live?
Sue x

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like you are "managing" things just fine -- it's a responsibility to "mind the fort" while the others are gone.

I'm very happy to hear your dad is home!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I have heard of Quorn but have no idea what it tastes like as I have never tried it, a nice and slow day is good, you need to take care of yourself

Anonymous said...

Bloodline...thanks for the idea!

Feral Turtle said...

I hope you enjoy all of your new goodies. Poor Karma thinking she will be left behind....lol. I noticed the series Bloodline on Netflix. Sounds like a good one!

Shelly said...

What glorious pictures- love looking at your skies! Love abounds in your home~

Anonymous said...

Those sure are some lovely skies!

andi filante said...

Hi Rita! I'm glad your dad is home from the hospital! I totally have Bloodline in my Netflix Q...it sounds great. Thanks so much for the birthday card....I know I missed yours this year. :( Have a great week!

-andi

Victoria Zigler said...

Hope you get your storm soon.

Glad all your new "toys" have arrived; have fun with them!

I'm also glad McFamily is loving their trip, and that your Dad is home from the hospital again!

Hi, Karma!

Annesphamily said...

Thank you for your visit to my blog and setting me straight on what I thought was a spider web! Very interesting and I so love learning new things! We are never too old to learn. You are always busy with your new toys! Enjoy! Have a beautiful weekend too!

carol l mckenna said...

Karma knows how to love ~ love her pic! And all your creative toys are delightful and great sky shots! Glad your children are doing well in Japan and you sound like you are doing well also ~ Good news!

Happy Weekend,
artmusedog and carol

Jenny Woolf said...

Glad that Mcfamily are enjoying Japan. I bet Ian wonders why you have changed into someone who lives in a little screen :)

laurak/ForestWalkArt :) said...

love the puffy clouds. i think i could curl up in that sunny spot with karma...and just doze...
take it easy rita...feel good...happy sunday!