Saturday, January 20, 2018

Saturday-1:30pm

This will be quick.  I've been sick since Tuesday.  Luckily I am running a reverse temp so they aren't as bad (97 to 98 degrees).  Nothing bad, just exhausting.
****
Anyways, I had been working on setting up my bullet for a few days.  Will continue when I'm feeling better.
Also, had to cancel dentist cleaning & checkup, eye doctor checkup, and Caroline for cleaning this past week.  Will reschedule when I'm well. 
****
We had some snow...
...that made it difficult... 
...for Annie to spy on (or scare) the birds. 
Even trying her alternative spy spot on the art table by the studio window didn't work well due to snow stuck to the screen there, too. 
Was a frustrating day for Annie--LOL!
****
But the critters are all still out there.  And hungry.
I asked Dagan if he could help out his sick old mom.  ;)  He came over with a smile after work, took out my trash for me, and brought in a whole lot of wild bird seed so I am good for a while.  :)   
****
That was it even on pictures, so you know I haven't been feeling up to par--LOL!  BUT--Serena was curious as to what my lapdesk set up was that bothered Annie so much (and did Miss Karma, too).  Imagine this pillow and lapdesk on my lap when I'm in the chair.
With my bum arm I can't even press down to hold the paper in place for very long so I put velcro strips on top of the lapdesk... 
...and on the back of this clipboard so I don't have to use my left hand to hold the paper down. 
So --if you can picture it--Annie figured out the best spot is to climb up on the arm of the chair and she lays down with her back against that light colored throw pillow under the lapdesk (which is the right height when I am sitting in there, of course) and then I can put my left arm around her and pet her while I write.
Annie still had quite a time adjusting to my hand coming and going from where she wanted it--to the terrible, scary, velcro-ripping noises moving the clipboard--flipping sheets--generally moving things about and sipping on coffee.  These frights and slights took a while for Annie to adjust to, but she kept coming back...until now she pays them little mind and she has even fallen asleep there--LOL!  :)
****
Anyways, while I have been under the weather I have watched the new seasons of Peaky Blinders and The Ranch and am now working on Colony (all on Netflix streaming)...plus watched a few documentaries and movies.  Caught up on letters owed and slept a lot here and there.  Hope to feel back to my normal pretty soon.  Just wanted to let you know what was happening up here.  ;)  Later...
****
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well...for there is a Force of love moving through the universe that holds us fast and will never let us go."
Julian of Norwich

23 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Hi Rita - I thought you might have been sick for the past week. I think it is just wonderful that when you moved you got a den so you have craft room space for all your organized supplies with room to craft when you want to. Annie seems to be settling in with less feelings of being afraid of everything, I think she needed a peaceful home and life so that sounds and movement would become so much less frightening to her. Having a place to grow plants right outside your patio doors plus having the feeding station for the birds and small animals so close makes everything very entertaining for Annie plus great photo opportunities. Good idea to velcro your clip board to your lapdesk. Keep getting better every day. Hugs.
Joy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was saddened to read you were sick and still not well. I know the feeling, but I hope you get better very, very soon.

Annie is such a sweetie. I can't get either of my boys to sit long enough for me to get a photo, no matter how hard I try to sneak up on them.

I like the looks of your lap table. Unfortunately, I can't grip a pencil or pen, preferring to type everything. Looks like it works well for you, though.

Hope you get well soon, dear. We love to visit you.

DJan said...

I too hope you will be all well soon. I'm worried that I'll get sick just at the wrong time for traveling to Florida. I'm being extra vigilant with hand washing but you just never know with so much sickness around these days. I am very fond of Annie now but glad I don't have to deal with her farts. :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel better soon. No fun to be sick. So glad you are taming the scary cat Annie...patience is what it takes:)

landscape said...

Enjoyed my visit.

Jon said...

So sorry to hear that you're sick and I hope you'll be feeling better soon. The very best thing to do on these nasty winter days is to hibernate at home - snuggling in bed and indulging in hot soup, tea, etc.

I laughed when I saw that Annie can't look outside because of the snow/ice. The same thing happened to my cats. Our snow certainly isn't as plentiful as yours, but the windows always get messed up with ice.
The other morning I caught Scruffy licking the ice off a window!!! How disgusting!

froebelsternchen said...

Get completely well soon again Rita- ♥♥♥
oxo Susi

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm sorry you've been ill :( I used to have a lap desk like that but haven't used one in ages. It'd be quite handy in that chair. I love hearing how Annie is feeling more and more comfortable and at home. I hadn't thought about frost on the windows persisting like that. Wow! The birds benefit from our efforts in this season and come to depend on us. I love watching them.

Get well soon!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Rita! Sorry you are sick! Poor Annie too without cat TV!! Get well soon! Chrisx

GrandmaG said...

Take care, friend. So happy to hear family is welling and able to help when needed :)

Serena Lewis said...

So sorry to hear you have been sick, Rita. Be sure to get lots of rest and don't overdo it.

Sticky snow...does it stay like that long on the windows or does it melt off quickly?

Nice of Dagan to call in and help you out.

Thanks for posting a pic of your lap-desk set-up. So it sounds like Annie is getting more used to it. Great!

Thanks for the update. I've been under the weather myself this past week...back and hip pain plus a migraine. You know how it goes. Oh, and there is a letter on the way to you and I'm starting another this morning.

Stay well, my friend.

Love and hugs xo

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I hope you don't continue to feel sick for too long, all you can do is take it one day at a time and not over do it before your body is ready

Intense Guy said...

I hope you feel much, much better today.

Hugs. I wonder if Annie ever got "velcro'ed" - might be why she doesn't like it!

Carol said...

Sending you healing thoughts and prayers ♥ This has been a bad winter for illness for everyone. I love those types of lap desk! Mine is getting worn out so I need to invest in a new one or at least new to me :)
Out snow is gone it ... it was 70° yesterday with storms last night. Last week we were in single digits :-/ No wonder everyone is sic!

Lady Fi said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling ill! Sending you best wishes for good health. Nice to hear that Annie is settling in so well.

Becca said...

I'm sorry you've been under the weather. I hope you get better soon. I have heard people say The Ranch is really good. I might have to check it out!

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you feel better soon Rita. Being sick is not fun! And that bullet journal is waiting! I think it was ingenious to put that velcro on your lap desk. That is what us in New England call Yankee Ingenuity. Or maybe that is a saying all over the country. Hmm. Take care and get back into life again soon my friend. Hugs-Erika

Desiree said...

feel better Rita! XOXO

landscape said...

Ah , Julian of Norwich . I have visited the church built where she was a recluse in . Get well and lets talk bujo (bullet journal ) soon .

Sherry Ellis said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you improve soon!

Dee said...

Dear Rita, I hope that as the days have passed, you have felt better and ached less. I'm so glad to learn that Annie has become a full-fledged member of your family--used to your ways!

I use Julian's quote as a mantra--the first part about all being well. I've never seen the second part and I'm grateful to you for sharing it with me. Peace.

Jenny Woolf said...

I hope you are better soon, Rita. I haven't been much in blogland lately, and you posted a couple of weeks ago, so I'll check back again soon and see if you have left another post.

On another subject, it is lovely to hear about how Annie is overcoming her nervousness and realising she has a kind home, each post she is becoming more trusting. The velcro seems like a great idea.

How kind of Dagan to bring the birdseed, you're lucky with him - and I guess scattering some seed for the little creatures will make Annie's entertainment even more fun - when the snow is cleared off the screen of course. LOL!

I hope your home is well insulated. Nothing worse than feeling chilly in cold weather when you're supposed to be indoors!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's a lot of snow you had there. It certainly did block the view out the window of the many birds and critters you get at your feeder.