Monday, February 22, 2021

February 22, 2021 Monday--3:30pm

Good afternoon!
Not really much for pictures this week.
****
Dagan and Leah went down to his cardiologists in Minneapolis and back on Wednesday for Dagan's pacemaker adjustment and checkup.  All was good.  :)  A lot of driving--at least 4 hours each way.  The boys stayed at home for the day with Uncle Aaron.  Glad that is over with.  Thumbs up!
****
I was told to try going through ND Public Health for the vaccine to get it earlier.  So I filled out the form online and was okayed the next day to pick an appointment time.  Leah gave me a ride over to the now defunct Gordman's Department store on Friday afternoon, dropped me off and waited in the parking lot. 
****
It was not too busy...but steady.  They had a place to stand in line with Xs on the floor to stand apart but I got to zig zag through to the front because no one was in line at the time.  They had a person near the door to check you off the list before you got in line and a person to direct you to which spot was open for a shot when you got to the end of the line.  My lady was number 5.
After she checked you were on her list, the shot was quick and easy.  Barely felt it.  Just relaxed my arm.
****
Then you had to go find a chair to wait for fifteen minutes to make sure you didn't have an allergic reaction.  The chairs were spread out over the now empty Gordman's...that still had old signs up high on the walls--LOL!
I felt absolutely fine until around 11pm-12am when the hard lump appeared (or I finally noticed it--lol!) in my shoulder that hurt if you touched it, but not much otherwise.  Some redness appeared where I got the shot by Saturday morning and I've had a headache ever since...but it's not quite as bad today.  My sinuses ran like a water faucet all weekend, but that seems to be leaving me, too.  I ran a very low temp off and on all weekend (99 to 99.4) and was noticeably achier than usual...but that may leaving now, too.  More tired than usual.  Been sleeping and napping all weekend.
****
I have a compromised immune system so I was expecting my body might have to work extra hard to make antibodies, so I figure this really hasn't been that bad at all.  I'd hate to think of what it would be like to get covid.  I've basically been in my pajamas for three days--LOL!  But I guess I am working hard on making those antibodies...so all is well.  I go back in a month for the second Moderna shot.  I feel very lucky to have gotten my first one and look forward to going back.  These shots will help us all to eventually get back to normal...or our new normal, anyways.  ;)
****
That's it from here.  I'm about due for a little nap again.  Actually happy to have this sore arm--LOL!  Till next week...
****
"Hope is praying for rain, but faith is bringing an umbrella."
Unknown

19 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. So glad you got your vaccine. Was this first or second dose? My husband was supposed to get his first dose today, and even had an appointment, but then the Country Health Department changed the rules so he isn't eligible until tomorrow, so they turned him away, told him to make a new appointment and come back. Totally crazy. My second dose threw me for a loop for a couple of days - tired and achy - but I got through it. So glad Dagan's pacemaker adjustment trip went OK. Hope your week goes well and that you are feeling better soon. :-)

Janie Junebug said...

We can make imaginary changes to the signs. Instead of Great Minds Shop Alike it could be Great Minds Vaccinate Alike. I'm so glad you got your first shot and you're feeling better. Getting COVID would be awful. The fear of getting COVID is awful.

Love,
Janie

Far Side of Fifty said...

So good to hear that you got the first shot. I am still not perfect...tired...and my sorts are out....but the weather changed and another weather change is coming so who really knows with old bodies. Sleep has been my friend too!
Good to hear that Dagans appt went well! :)

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad to hear you got your first shot. Sorry about the side effects but at least you know it is for a good cause. I hope you feel much better soon. I don't know when we will get our shots as there seems to be a shortage of vaccine around here. They are supposed to be doing our age now but nothing yet. Feel better soon Rita!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Glad to hear you have received your first shot. The rollout here in Canada has been painfully slow, but the pace seems to be picking up now. Maybe by the end of the year things will be approaching normal again. We can only hope!

Anvilcloud said...

Oh, good for you!! Sorry about the side effects, but I am sure they are temporary.

jinxxxygirl said...

We are looking forward to getting our vaccinations too . Glad you got yours and all went well with you and Dagan. The temps are up to 68F predicted today.. Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad Dagan's dr trip went well. Congrats on having gotten your first shot, and I hope by now you're feeling much better :)

Jenny Woolf said...

I'm so glad you've had your shot! The reaction sounds uncomfortable. People do seem to vary enormously with their reaction, and I hope yours has passed off by now. Isn't it great to feel that your protection is kicking in ! Have a good week, Rita.

DJan said...

I finally got another appointment for a shot next Tuesday. Because of the awful weather across the country, all shots were delayed by at least a week here, and my appointment was canceled. Then you have to start all over again. Glad to hear your first shot is behind you!! And that Dagan is fine. :-)

Joyce F said...

Glad you got the first dose of vaccine. We got ours too through the public health dept. Go March 18 for second dose.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I am pleased you got your Covid vaccine and the side effects were manageable and you are ok

Juli said...

My brother in law has fully recovered from COVID. He did need to go to the hospital for a nebulizer treatment, but now he's on the mend.

Massachusetts rollout of the vaccine has been less than stellar. I am currently trying to help my Mom get appointments for her and Dad. The rumor is it updates on Thursdays so while I'm up tonight letting the dog out at the wee hours I'm going to see if that's true. My husband also wants to get it, mainly because he already ahs compromised breathing with the Lyme, so Covid would be REALLY bad for him. But as of right now, he's not eligible until June/July. We shall see.

Lady Fi said...

Lucky you getting the vaccine.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Good news about Dagan. Sorry to read that your COVID shot made you sick. I have been reading lots of people I visit have the same effect. I hope you are now on the mend and get over the effects soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I forgot to thank you for visiting me when I was too sick to respond. You are a GEM!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to read this vaccine update, Rita, and the temporary side effects while unfortunate will at least abate. Hope the second shot goes well and we get ours in mid-March as you already may know. Also good news about Dagan's check-up, but indeed a very long trip. As for being in PJs you are not alone as that is the norm for many folks, including ourselves, except when we walk to the P.O. or go grocery shopping.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Pleased to read about Dagan but even more pleased to know you had the vaccine! Tony and no pain at all with his while I had to resort to a bedtime painkiller. Mine discomfort only lasted 24 hours max. My brother had his a few days later and said he had flu like symptoms for around 36 hours. Hugs, Chrisx

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's so good that you got the vaccine, Rita! Happy to hear that your reactions to it were manageable.