Monday, October 09, 2023

October 9, 2023 Monday--3am

 Greetings!

Where did this week go?  I didn't get the extra things done I had on my list but I seemed constantly busy with this and that.  Just in such a puttery mood and not feeling the greatest.  Was doing things like switching my washi tapes next to my chair for the more fall and winter ones...cleaning and filling fountain pens...comparison shopping online to make decisions on purchases...scrubbing the kitchen sinks and racks.  Things that take a lot of time but aren't much to show when they're done, you know?  lol!  

Keanna came to clean on Tuesday.  Leah and the boys showed up as she was leaving.  They brought some groceries.  Leah and Liam watered my patio plants for me and Leah even walked down my rent check for me. 

When Leah and Liam were outside watering the planters--look what they saw in the grass by one of the planters!

I think it was that selfsame hummingbird moth!!  It was alive.  Liam tried to get it to move or fly but it wouldn't budge.  Probably dying.  Moths don't live very long, do they?  Was it hanging around here all this time?  Or was this another one?  How weird.  I take it they love petunias.  lol!

Wednesday I caught sight of partridges across the way by the tree.  Two?  Three?  But they never came over to eat.  :(

Packages have been coming all week!  That has been fun!  My new shower brushes came.  
Am not used to a loofah, but I think it is great for getting to your back where it is hard to reach, that's for sure.  Glad I got it.  :)

The new colorful cat tote came!  And my laptop fit just perfectly inside!!
Front...
...and back that even has the cats!  My shoulder bag doesn't have them on both sides.  Cool!
I even bought her set of cosmetic bags!  So cute!
Different on the backs...
...like my shoulder bag has a different back side.
I don't think I've ever showed my Laurel Burch cat bag close up.
There are even little beads sewn across the front...that haven't broken in all these years.
Anyways, the cosmetic bags are even lined and quite sturdy with beaded pulls on the zippers.  They'll be great for pens, scissors, washi tape, lip balm, tissues, ear buds, rulers, or whatever else small stuff I need with me in my "upstairs" tote.
These will hopefully last me for years and years like my shoulder bag has.  I am delighted!

All of a sudden on Thursday a whole covey of partridges returned to the Critter Cafe!!  Maybe they had heard about the freeze warning for that night--lol!
This is a funny video--for the fact that I was so focused on the first limping partridge that I didn't even notice that there was another one with an injured leg who was actually hopping!  Duh!  Who would expect two injured birds in one covey, though?  That's my excuse--lol!  Oh, and Allie was jumping up on my leg for attention and distracted me...especially (and quite obviously) at the end of this short video--sorry.  I don't know how to edit and that's just the way it is with me.  What you see is what you get...unedited--lol!  ;)
I am soooo happy to see them.  There are eight so far if they all come.  With two of them having injured legs I do know it is the same covey.  They've been here several times a day ever since.  :)

We went from 90/90/80 degree days--and then dropped down to 50s and have had freeze/frost warnings at night.  Winter seems to be chomping at the bit!
Friday was my poke and peek at the bladder doctor's.  Much faster than the first time because there's no need to even see him ahead of time.  You get all prepped on the table and just lie there and wait.  No surprises this time.  And he saw nothing suspicious--tada!  I didn't think he would.  Back in 6 months.

I am so happy to see the Critter Cafe full of partridges--several times a day!  Fall is officially here.
 Allie is loving it, too.  She spends a lot of the time parked by the patio watching Live Cat TV.  ;)  See that spray bottle...  
...that is for the crickets and spiders and such...to keep them from wanting to make a home with me--lol!  It's a natural bug spray with some smelly essential oils and whatnot that I spray around the screen door.  Works, though.  :)  

Saturday
 morning Chuck made it over to haul away all the ValleyCon stuff!!  I never saw anyone.  Leah can get in with my code.  So good to hear it was done!!  Now Leah is working at finding free pallets on Facebook Marketplace so we can store all this stuff off the floor.  She told me she has picked up one so far.  When we have enough of them--maybe 4 or 5--then they will move the IKEA boxes so we can reorganize for the winter out there.  And I will make a Fleet Farm wild birdseed order, too.  :)

Must admit--have missed these guys!
Saturday and Sunday I did a couple loads of clothes and towels...and got them all put away.  ;)  Some of the kitchen stuff arrived and I ran them through the dishwasher.  Sunday I was busy organizing the new items...walked into the pantry...turned on the overhead light...it flashed and died.  I thought it was the light bulbs.  But when I walked back out I saw my colored lights were out around the patio door and the living room lights and TV were off.  Huh?  But my kitchen light was on.

I figured it might have been a fuse.  Checked the fuse box--I couldn't flick it back and forth...tried hard but was afraid I would break it.  Texted Leah to let her know I'd have to call for maintenance in the morning.  (I always let them know what's going on.)

Meanwhile...it took me a long time to untangle my way through all the cords behind my chairs (some not even plugged into anything anymore when furniture was sold)...trying to find an extension cord that was grounded and had the extra third prong.  I finally managed to pull it off--lol!
Unplugged a couple of things I didn't know what they belonged to...
...but I was so glad I got my chair/bed to work, the light by my chair, and my laptop was plugged in.
BUT--then I realized I had no internet!  The internet modem was across the room on the TV cabinet...with all the wires and cords behind the cabinet...that I can't move by myself these days.  I didn't want to touch any of that regardless because I tend to mess up techie stuff and make it worse--lol!  So, I couldn't work on the blog or watch anything at all or answer email...sigh.  Worked on a letter and waited.

Leah was going to come over later after the boys went to bed.  They were up late out in the backyard around the fire pit on this chilly night (44 degrees).  But then she saw I had even sent her a picture of the fuse box--and she was sure I just hadn't pushed hard enough--so she called and talked me through it.  TaDa!  Yes, I had been afraid I'd break something, but did finally push hard enough and we got it to work!!  (I'm always leery of things electrical or techie-related.)

I still had a load of clothes to put away...and I was too sore and tired to deal with undoing what I had done with all the various cords--lol!  So I will deal with it later--after I have slept and rested my back.  ;)  

But I can show you the three new items for the kitchen, anyways.  New red crock for utensils, red butter dish with a wooden cover, and a red cannister I plan to use for salt.  :)
You may recall I had purchased a cheap plastic utensil holder not so long ago.  Well, it was horrible for mine.  If you had plastic utensils it would probably work just fine.  But mine are metal and heavier--so the whole darn thing kept tipping over whenever I tried to turn it.  No spinning with this one.  It is a nice heavy ceramic crock.  I am very happy!  With all the purging I have done they all fit in this crock that is much smaller than the lovely huge brown pottery one I had for the last 35-40 years.  (Which I will probably fill with an artificial plant as per Leah's suggestion.)

I was taking these pictures just now and wondered where Allie was.  She is usually following me around or observing me.  Well, I don't think I've ever caught a picture of Allie sleeping in the far corner of the studio in her carrier.  Woke her up when I turned the light on--lol!
Well, Leah did send some pictures of when Trent was over the weekend before and what they have been doing down there.  A lot of complicated stuff I know nothing about.  Tubes...
...for venting and heating.



Trent at the electric box, I believe.
The plastic is back down on the walls so they must be done stringing wires.
Trent wasn't there this last weekend.  I hope they have more weekends available at the same time now that summer is over.  Fingers crossed. 

The boys at the Burger King playground.  I have no clue how Leah wrote "Ian Spiderman" on the photo--lol!  Appropriate, though.
All that rock climbing?  Not sure how Ian could do that!
The boys at West Acres Mall.  What a huge fish tank!!
Leah got one free pallet over the weekend so far on Facebook Marketplace.  Fit perfectly in the back of her SUV--thank goodness!
Chuck gave Leah the pallet in the front with black foam on top.  So we have two so far.  Leah said she has another place lined up she saw that might have a few for free.
Looks so empty!!  Well, on this side, anyways--lol!  Can hardly wait till the IKEA boxes get moved over to that side.  Instead of the pantry being next on the list that I need help with...the garage will now be the top priority.  Need to purge and donate...go through all those big shelves out there...and pull things out to get pictures for selling stuff.  Now we actually have some room!!  Whoohoo!! 

So, the week didn't go as planned.  I didn't get but a couple letters written and never got near the Christmas cards...but I did get a lot of other little projects done so it was still a win.  Letters and Christmas cards will be on the to-do list again for this week.  Funny how projects and tasks just wait around for you--lol!  ;) 

I have some new kitchen and shower items.  There is room to move things around in my garage now.  The partridges are back!  My internet, TV, laptop, lights, and my chair-bed are all working.  Even though I got a very late start I am still awake and have finished the blog here at 3am.  (Was up till 4am last night, so this wasn't exactly keeping me up--lol!)  My poke and peek is behind me.  Fall is my favorite time of year.  Life is good.  Life is so very good!  Till next time, my friends.  :) :)

14 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Now that’s the thing about some housework. You do it all and afterwards there’s not much to show for it. A couple of times a year I take everything out of the kitchen drawers and cupboards and wash them all down, and carefully rearrange everything inside, but once the doors and drawers are closed you’d never know anything happened! Looks like your move is really close and you’ve been on a shopping spree to prove it!

Janie Junebug said...

I know you think you didn't get a lot done, but when you write about it here, it sure seems like a lot to me. I love your new red crockery. It's a big accomplishment when things aren't working and you get them started again. Anything tech or electrical is always worrisome to me, too. Ian does look like Spiderman. Soon it will be time for the partridges to get in their pear tree to celebrate Christmas. The cat bag is adorable! The cosmetic bags are a good idea. I like to user the smaller bags inside the big bag to keep things organized. I'm heading out early this morning for an MRI of my back ordered by the back pain doctor. I've had lots of work done on the house in the past week. It's been very expensive but it was a relief to get it taken care of.

Love,
Janie

DJan said...

You actually accomplished quite a lot in the week, Rita. I do like your cat totes very much. And thanks for the closeup pictures, I enjoyed seeing them. And good that you seem to be done with cancer, eh? :-)

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

So happy to read that your partridge came back! We came across a few covies of them while pheasant hunting. Man, are those things fast!
The progress on your new place looks great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

First, Rita, great news about the health check-up and not having to return for another 6 months is even better news. Nice that the partridges haven't forgotten to return to the Critter Cafe now that cooler weather is finally settling in, here as well, but without partridges. Instead, we have an abundance of Mallard ducks on the river and the past couple of weeks, an egret has been spotted and is hard not to miss with its white feathers. The great blue heron has also made a few recent visits. Thankfully, most of the Canada goose population has moved on and been replaced by a small gull population.

The new laptop bag is eye-popping and the other small bags will really come in handy. I just ordered a notebook tote in solid purple to replace an older black one.

I liked your choice of the red color for the new countertop items. I have a stainless steel utensil holder which unfortunately now holds too many items.

Diane F. said...

Positive medical news. Love the pictures!!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats on the good check-up :) The birds are always so entertaining. Mine are only sparrows, but still, I can count on at least having sparrows when I look out there even if none of the more interesting birds are to be seen. I like your red kitchen touches. The cat pattern on your bag is delightful!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Yeah the last week went by in a blink, I have never heard of a hummingbird moth let alone seen one. I go through stages when I like using a loofah and times I don't, right now I don't like using one so I am not.

I like the look of the cat tote very pretty, I have a liking for pretty bags and if I could I would have a heap of them but not the case only have 4 or 5 bags.

It is so nice seeing birds outside my door, I find it relaxing watching them come and feed.

Often we don't think we have done much when in fact we have in fact done more then we thought.

Jeanie said...

You've had a very productive week. I'm glad the bladder doc appointment went well. Yay. And I love the covey of partridges! I'm wild about your new bag. Laurel Burch is a favorite of mine -- I have a number of her things. But that one is really excellent. The small bags are cute,too.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you got a good bill of health. You may not believe it, but you got a LOT done.

I LOVE that new Burch bag. It is fabulous. I have some of her fabric. I absolutely love her cats.

Nice to have new items for the bath and the kitchen. You are really planning ahead. I hope you get everything on pallets before winter. Not you, but your family.

Have a super rest of the week, dear Rita.

DVArtist said...

Well I know you got a very lot done. I love your shower brushes and that cat bag. I'm really tired tonight and have head pain. So I will tell you that I appreciate you so much. I keep a candle going for you. Have a very nice evening.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you got good news from the Urologist!! Sure has turned cool! You are making progress!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! I am behind on visiting blogs. So glad that you bladder scope is over and that everything looked A-OK! Such good news! I love your fun, colorful tote bags. Looks like lots of progress is being made on your new home! Fun pictures of Liam and Ian. This is such a great, upbeat post. I hope your week continues to go well. See you again soon! <3 :-)

Rosie said...

You have had a busy week even if you don't think you did! The weeks go by so fast and you achieve so much. Lovely photos of your purchases and also your family.