Monday, March 18, 2024

March 18, 2024 Monday--5am

Good morning!

First of all--Dagan is home and doing well.  When they had him down there they really checked everything they could.  They've wanted to study him for some time, had their chance, and ran all kinds of tests on him for those three days.  He had a liver ultrasound, heart catherization, x-rays, pacemaker checks, lungs checked out, CT scan...I'm not sure what all else.  He had the two surgeries--the heart cath on Monday and the pacemaker replacement on Tuesday.  They kept him overnight on Tuesday and he got okayed to return home on Wednesday afternoon.  

Leah did both the school runs for the boys on Thursday and Friday so Dagan didn't have to drive and could just rest and recover.  (She usually drops them off and then Dagan picks them up.)  They are all feeling better, Leah said, and Dagan is doing well.

Tonight and Tuesday night Leah is picking me up about 4:30pm so I can stay with the boys while Mama and Daddy go to school conferences for Ian and Liam.  Will be so much more convenient when I am living there, eh? :)  In fact, Leah said she is contacting the drywall people this week.  Nice!  The sooner my place gets done the better.

Meanwhile...I lost my internet completely Monday night.  Tried everything.  Nothing worked.  Gave up and went to bed.  But it was back when I woke up Tuesday morning.  Found out later that it disconnected my cell phone from my internet, too, but didn't reconnect automatically when it came back on.  Now I know to check that if it ever happens again because they were charging me all day.  Luckily we're still on the unlimited family plan--whew!  But Leah has been planning to change that because we don't normally use much extra "away" phone time.  

Funny thing was when I lost only the laptop--as you may recall from my last post--it was over the daylight saving time change...so it never automatically changed my time on the laptop.  But when I lost the internet altogether...when it came back the laptop suddenly had the correct DST time.  Glad!  I thought it was going to be wrong till fall and then be worse wrong come the fall change--lol!  I have no clue how to change the time on my laptop.  But it fixed itself when it was dead the second time--ROFL!  

Anyways, it was an ordinary week for me doing all the usual household stuff...but stressful.  Even though I wasn't there, I was mostly focused on Dagan's surgeries, of course--plus the internet issues--and the usual blogger issues, lol!  Miss Allie was happily watching the birds on the patio.

Didn't look happy with me disturbing her by calling her name for a picture--lol!
It was 65 degrees on Monday.  Sunday we had a teeny bit of snow and it was 22 degrees for a high.  Can you see the little bit of snow gathered by the planters.
The crazy back and forth weather continues.  

Allie has decided she doesn't like sitting in the chair next to me at the table anymore.  Too noisy and bright light, I suppose.  Now she knows the new routine and what I am up to at the table.  (Which she discovered is quite boring.)  She moved to the living room chair for a couple of days...but then ended up right back in her favorite spot...
...in the darkened bedroom where she can really conk out all afternoon in peace.  LOL!

So, I am looking forward to spending some time with the boys.  Get to see Dagan with my own mom-eyes--lol!  Just to see all of them.  Keanna comes to clean already on Tuesday again.  Seems like the two weeks went by so fast!  I've just been glad to have ordinary days...not as totally exhausted and the pain level lower.  Well, I should say more ordinary fibro/arthritis days--lol!  It's heavenly!  Thank you for all the prayers and good wishes.  Till next week, my friends.  Life is good!  :)

14 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

The roller coaster that is your weather continues! Good to hear Dagan is getting better. I sometimes have to change the time on my computer as well. just right click on the time in the bottom corner and it should give you an option to change it.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Great that all went well with Dagan. Now it’s all behind him.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Good morning, Rita, and thanks for the update on Dagan’s surgeries and the good results😀 I can understand how relieved you were to hear the news. It’s great that he is back home and that he and Leah can attend the school event. And, great too, that you get to spend gramma time with Liam and Ian.

DJan said...

That is incredibly warm weather, all right. And I am so glad to hear you are doing so well, Rita. You are still present in my prayers, so I will take some of the credit, eh? :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great news about Dagan! So happy it all went well. Drywall...yes you are getting closer to moving!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Good to hear Dagan is home and doing well, no internet is frustrating as we rely on it so much, our house phone runs through it as well and I use the house phone daily as it is often easier for me. More damn good photos

Janie Junebug said...

I'm so happy they checked out Dagan thoroughly and all is well. It's great you can watch the boys while Dagan and Leah go to conferences. You will be such a help after you move in. How is Leah? Has she finally recovered? It's so strange to be without the internet. I tried to set up my smaller TV with an antenna so I could get some channels if the internet went out. I moved it to various spots in the house and found that in the living room, it could get 1 channel with the antenna. So if I have an emergency and I'm desperate, at least I know how to get a channel! I hope your internet continues to work without anymore problems.

Love,
Janie

Juli said...

Good to hear he's on the mend. So scary! It will be much nicer when you're all together, an adjustment for sure, but in the end it will be good to have back up for each other. 65 and snow in two days? sounds like New England.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Thank God that everything went well for Dagan and that he is now home recovering. Yes, it will be so much more convenient when you are right there to help Dagan and Leah with the boys. So glad that the drywall will be going up soon. Progressis being made! So glad that you are feeling more normal. We had a lovely warm day here but we will have more storminess by the weekend. I hope your week goes well. See you again soon!

Victoria Zigler said...

Glad Dagan’s surgery was successful and McFamily is doing well. Yes, it will be much easier when your little appaartment is finished and you can move in.

Anvilcloud said...

So much going on with Dagan. :(

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad that Dagan's surgery went well and that he's home and recovering. That has to be a huge relief for you. I'm sure you'll be in your new home before you kow it. Once the walls are fully in place, it won't be too long!

Anonymous said...

Too much noise, and bright lights, I also don't like.

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

Allie's corner makes me want to curl up and sleep too!

https://www.volatilespirits.com/