Monday, June 26, 2006


I was so tired last night and had a headache from the no coffee for the weekend, so I went to bed early. The caffine headache was not like I have at other times in my life because I only drink a mug or two a day anymore, but it was annoying enough. Used to drink coffee from morning till night and maybe 1 1/2 to 2 pots a day. I have cut way back over the years, but I don't think I can quit altogether. Grew up in a family where the last thing they did before they went to bed was unplug the coffee pot! haha! Times have changed.

Since I went to bed so early and just felt "too awake" when I woke up at 4am--I did the urine sample and the rest for Dr. John to be on the safe side because I may or may not sleep again. And, sure enough, I wasn't able to get back to sleep. So, I was making coffee at 4:30am (now that I can eat and drink normally again!) and I am sitting here drinking my favorite black coffee--Sumatra Blue Batak from Ristreto's Coffee Shop. And it tastes absolutely remarkable after my coffee drought! :)

The instructions for all these tests to be done when you wake up are easy enough for people who sleep regular hours, but with me--sleep can be up for grabs sometimes. Especially if I go to bed early--I often wake up like this in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. I have never been a napper--I have seldom napped even since getting fibro! I was just that kind of kid. Fought sleep with every ounce of my being--but then when I finally crashed and sleep took over/won out, I could sleep and sleep. I couldn't sleep in the car, in school, strange places, when something was coming up the next day--like school starting, a new job, etc--(probably even taking urine samples--hehe!) Anything bothering me, worrying me. And, of course, Dagan being sick all those years...maybe fibro is my body's way of forcing me to slow down and sleep more?

Anyways, I hope I did everything well enough for the tests to be accurate. I did forget about the no salt on Saturday, so I had oatmeal & soy milk (no sweetener) and baked fish and broccoli yesterday. Did have two pieces of dried mangos, tho, too. (Such a sweet tooth I have!) I am glad I have lots of leftovers this week, so I don't have to worry about cooking for a while. Already made up a new batch of rice, too, so I am all set! All I need to do today (before I bring the garbage out) is hand chop the last onions and get them in oil. The arm is better now. (Arm didn't feel up to working on cards over the weekend like I had planned--cooking, etc, was enough.)

Since I am up soooo early, I might work on some cards today or do something productive. Oh, I watched the tape on Jerry Yarnell's "Distant Thunder" painting and took notes yesterday on all three of the classes that covered that picture. I looked up his website and printed off a color copy of the painting so I can have it along with me on Wednesday. And I looked up pictures of lightning online and printed off a few of them on one sheet--examples of how to draw/paint it into the sky. (I thought his lightning looked a little unnatural.) So, I did get something done.

Aha! The Universe telling me something again. I have the morning news on and they had a segment on the Farmer's Market. Sadly, I have never made it there. Apparently it has moved to Main and Broadway--and besides the usual Saturdays (which is difficult for me to get a ride because Dagan and Leah are always so busy on the weekends), they are open from 5-7pm on Thursdays!! We go to Dr. John's on Thursdays around that time, and it wouldn't be that much out of the way to stop by the Farmer's Market to maybe buy some fresh local produce!! I will have to tell Leah today! That is exciting!

I am happy that my finally changing my eating habits has apparently been incentive for Dagan and Leah to begin changing thier's, also. They have also talked and thought about it for some time. We have all done some smaller changes--but I have finally taken the plunge--hehe! I feel badly that Dagan has learned unhealthy eating habits from me. I hope he'll be eating healthier now--and Leah, too, of course. Maybe they can avoid some of the pitfalls of a lifetime of eating poorly--like me? I love them both so much and I want them both around for a long, long time! :)

Well, since it is supposed to rain again this afternoon, but it is beautiful out right now (and I am actually awake before noon!)--I am going to get in the shower and go enjoy the porch. Just started All Over But The Shouting by Rick Bragg--the last book from the box of books I got from Ruby so long ago!! The last one!! TaDa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visits and comments.
Have a really great day! :) :)