Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday-2:30pm

I finished the black-eyed susan--which no longer actually resembles a black-eyed susan--hehe! Since I had to go darker on the petals to cover up all the pencil marks, I just got colorful and crazy with it. This is what it looked like when I finished with the watercolors.

Now, all watercolor purists--look no further--close your eyes!
I, persoanlly, enjoy the look of combining watercolor and ink. I got out my Rapidograph tech pens, picked a nice thin .25, filled it with sepia ink, and outlined each petal.

I just think it just gives it a little punch! And since it is mine to play with, I can do what I want, right? So--this is my "artistic interpretation" of a black-eyed susan--tada!

I actually slept during the night last night! From 11pm till 6:15am!! Me! I have usually going to bed at 6am lately, not waking up. I can hope that my hours will change around, but I am not holding my breath. It was just the exhaustion finally winning out over the recent pain and soreness. I think the only thing that might alter my crazy night hours--the menopause pills from Shaklee--hehe! I'd sure like to get back to being able to go to sleep between 1-3am (my more normal hours) instead of being up till dawn. I've been in this crazy cycle for the past couple of months! I am sure it will change eventually.

I finished the reading for lesson three last night! So, now I can go online, read posts, and discover what comes next? I can probably get another lesson done by Sunday, too, so I don't fall behind.

Been windy the past couple days--20-30 mile an hour winds. Feels very North Dakota-ish out there--hehe! It has warmed up again all of a sudden--been in the 80s during the day. Supposed to be thunderstorms passing thru the next few days.

I am feeling better day by day. :)


No comments: