Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fourth of July-noon

I have had really bad Internet problems since Monday morning and haven't been able to get online for more than a few minutes every few hours--and it was slower than a really bad dial up. All the lights were flickering on the modem--even when the computer was shut down? When the lights quit flickering I still couldn't necessarily connect to the Internet and if I did--got bumped off very shortly.

I was on the phone twice Monday with the cable company, had a technician come over from Cable One (he said it was the modem), Dagan came over after work Monday (didn't believe the cable guy-he and Leah were going shopping and checked--$120-150 for new modem!), Dagan came over after work Tuesday with his modem from home (it went flashy over here and wouldn't work), called Cable One again, we both talked to them (not the modem), and I have an appointment for a technician to come over again tomorrow between 8:30am to 1pm.

I get up this morning and suddenly the computer has apparently healed itself (knock on wood!) and it has been working normally all morning? How peculiar, eh? If it is working straight thru until tomorrow morning I will call and cancel the technician. I'd be afriad to have him touch it! hehe!

Meanwhile, I have cracked open my new watercolor Moleskine sketchbook! Since I am not used to drawing from real life--I have been going thru books I have and picking things to copy. the first picture is from Creative Pen & Ink Techniques by Ian Sidaway. Yes--I know--I didn't spell palette correctly. Oh well--hehe!

And this is what I am working on right now--from Painting Weathered Buildings in Pen, Ink & Watercolor by Claudia Nice. I always seem to have this perspective problem. *sigh* I am hoping that my continued practice will improve that over time. I can only work an hour at a time--this is three hours in. When I finish the pen work I will do a watercolor wash and then post the finished shack.

I think I will just post this and be glad I can. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! That wonderful pen & ink is going to be even more beautiful with the wash added. Perspective is hard. Don't let it get you down. The more you draw and practice, the better you will become at it.