Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday-1:15pm

A quick hello.
This was the last time I had the patio door opened up...must be four days ago now at least.  The weather has turned hot and humid--most days 80 or higher.  
 Except for a couple of days this next week (Tues &Weds) in the mid-70s, the predictions are for it to be in the 80s and even 90s for quite a while.  That's the end of the glorious spring days, I guess.  There will be reprieves, I'm sure, over the summer.
****
You have not heard from me for a couple of reasons.  This past week I have had internet issues--and I don't think they're gone yet.  Long story, but from Monday till Wednesday afternoon the tech guy who was here told me I had over 3700 "flaps" (internet drops).  He exchanged the modem and a splitter in the wall--but I still have had issues.  They seem to be a bit better the last couple days, but I still have had some disconnect issues.  He's supposed to follow-up-call me this coming week before he goes on vacation on Thursday.  So, I hope I can post this okay.
****
I have also been sick again for over a week.  Kind of like a relapse of that awful flu with some other stuff thrown in for good measure--awk!  So I am drinking lots of fluids and watching Netflix and reading.  :)  Got my fingers crossed that I might be past the worst of it now.
****
A dear blogger friend, Iggy, sent me a Cat Who trio-story book he found at a used book store!  It had the last book I read (and had wanted to re-read because it has been so long--how perfect is that!) and the next two (that the Fargo library didn't have)--all in one book!  Thanks, Karl!!!
I just found out a few days ago that our volunteer, Kirsten, got a summer job in California!  So she won't be back until August.  Which means, we won't have Library Outreach until then unless Pam can find another volunteer.  So they are just sending someone by to pick up the books people took out on Tuesday.  
****
But they are also still bringing me the paperwork to fill out for a new card, though, so that I can order interlibrary books in the future and I guess they have e-books now through the library.  Pam said she'd even come over after they mail me my card to show me how to navigate the library website.  Plus, she said she found me some Anne Tyler books at a used book store I can just have that she's sending along, too, on Tuesday!!  She is such a sweetheart.  
****
I also rummaged through my TBR shelf and found a couple more books to read soon.  I will have plenty to keep my busy till August--LOL!  
****
You may notice that I only have two pictures.
****  
Well, another change has occurred.  Dagan and Leah have switched me over to a new cell phone and new company.  Hang on to your hats--it's Google!  Yes, they most certainly are trying to take over the world!  Trouble is, they are doing a pretty good job of it.  ;)  
****
It's called Project Fi.  Leah's been on it since October--being the guinea pig for all the rest of us.  She hasn't had any issues and so now Dagan, myself, and a lot of their friends are switching over when their contracts are up.  I don't use up much of the units (can't remember what they are called right now) so I should pay the minimum--which will be around $25-30 a month.  Awesome!
****
You'll have to search for Project Fi because I can't link it for you now because no matter what I do it brings me to my own account--LOL!  
****
Anyways, new cell phone...and it's not set up so that my pics go automatically to DropBox.  Leah thought she had set it up for that when she was here last week, but no new pics have showed up--just these two she moved over.  Not that I have taken many pics in the first place because I haven't been feeling well.  But if I am up to Craft Night Monday night and Leah is, too (I think they have been staining the deck in this heat all weekend and Leah melts like I do)--then Leah might be able to get it working.  Eventually I'll have pictures again.  
****
I know--I could get out my old camera but I haven't been using it for so long and I have this new ElCapitan on McLap where I can't seem to find anything now, so I'm not sure I could figure the old camera method out anymore, either--ROFL!
****
So, that's it from my corner of the world.  Karma's sleeping in the chair next to me.  I am hopeful that I will feel up to crafts tomorrow night with Leah...and Tuesday they are picking up library books and Caroline comes to clean.  We'll see how I hold up.  Better than I expect, I hope, because I really, really want to see Little Ian!!  Been weeks!!  Gramma needs her Ian fix--LOL!  
****
Have a good week, everybody!!  :)
****
"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
Omar Khayyam

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

hope the internet issues are resolved and hope the new google service is good. :)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I hope you feel better soon, Rita. That sounds frustrating about the internet service.

DJan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. It's awful to be sick, isn't it? And I'll be interested in what you think of the new service once it gets going. I miss your pictures but am glad to hear from you! :-)

GrandmaG said...

Tech problems are the worse! We're experiencing something similar. I guess I now have a name for it - "flaps." Ours is due to too many people on the same frequency. Taking with friends and neighbors in our and surrounding areas, it's becoming a typically problem. My only hope is someone will eventually come up with a solution! So sorry to hear you're sick, again :( Hubby and I came home with a virus of some sort, like a super bad cold. But I think we'll be 100% in a couple more days. Hope you are too!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I hate having internet and other technical problems, but that's my world right now. If I get a new modem, it will cost me $100.00, which is about $90.00 more than I have right now (grin). I'm glad, unlike mine, the service and the help seems to come with your internet.

It's been ungodly hot here, too. Hard to get much work done as a result. Hope Karma is doing well, and hope you feel your old self soon.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hope this week goes better for you. Get feeling better. Sure hope the library can find another volunteer to keep you supplied with books! Have a good week, and as always, regards to Karma and McFamily!

Intense Guy said...

I hope you get your Internet fixed up really soon! It is your gateway to the world!

Anonymous said...

Get a camera working--I need my Karma fix!!

andi filante said...

I'm sad you've been feeling poorly again! I looked up Project Fi and it looks very interesting! I may have to give US Cellular the old heave-ho when my contract is up. I'm so tired of paying a gazillion dollars for my cell phone! Get better and stay better. That's an order. :D

-andi

Janie Junebug said...

I'm sorry you don't feel well. It was 97 when I woke up today. Now it's storming. I'm glad you have some books to read. I hope they find another volunteer. I'm reading Orphan Train, which I like very much.
And you know I love Anne Tyler.

Love,
Janie

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes it was very warm for two days, we had the air on for one of those days. I hope you shake whatever you had!! How nice of Iggy to send you a book! :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

No internet sucks, feeling unwell sucks, being cold sucks, vacuums suck and when they don't it sucks, just saying

Lady Fi said...

Keep cool and I really hope you feel better soon.

Jon said...

Google is now in the phone business? Good gawd, it's impossible to escape them. Hopefully they won't start any chain food franchises.

Fewer things are more frustrating than having internet problems. I hope the tech guy knows what he's doing.

Take care and stay well (easier said than done...)

Friko said...

Even if you physically can’t do anything you do something. Atta girl!

Hope your internet issues will resolve themselves and your health will pick up.

We all have our problems from time to time but we mustn’t let them rule us, must we?

Good luck, old girl.

Cowgirl Red said...

Summer reading at it's best. And free too! I've been reading more this summer so far. Turn off the TV and computer, Turn on the air conditioner and fan. and READ. :)

Jenny Woolf said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. From all you've been doing I can hardly believe you've been feeling so ill. I am glad that you're getting enough to read, it's wonderful when people know your tastes and come up with unexpected gifts. I'm not sure I'd want all my photos to go to Dropbox, my version seems to have issues particularly with movies. But you're right Google wants to take over the world, I think :)

jinxxxygirl said...

I hope you are feeling better my friend. Sounds like you have a lot to read... the Used Book Store is my friend! :) Love getting books for $1-$3... can't beat it~ Its been awful hot and muggy here too... ready for that to end! Hugs!deb

Lux G. said...

Hope you and things get bet better and are better now.
I've seen that book in a second hand bookstore and I was actually intrigued but didn't buy. :)

froebelsternchen said...

Good luck with the internet and feel better soon! Hope Karma feels well!
oxo Susi

Serena Lewis said...

I hope the internet issues get sorted soon for you, Rita. So frustrating when you get constant drop-outs. I do hope you are feeling much better now too. It sucks that you were hit a second time with the sickness. :(

Google have been providing their own Google Nexus mobile phones for years but it sounds like they are extending into the data/wifi side of things now. My daughter and son-in-law liked their Nexus phones but they have Samsung mobile phones now. I think you would probably use less data gigabytes being that you are home the majority of the time and would be accessing wifi there so they would probably have you on the smallest Gigabyte plan. Sounds like a great price! Project Fi only works on Nexus phones from what I've read.

It's funny how we get so used to taking photos with our mobile phones. I never use my point-and-shoot camera anymore. My mobile takes better photos. :)

Have a great weekend! xo
We are having a wet weekend here but I'm not complaining...we need the rain.

Anne's tangle blog said...

I do hope you feel better by now!!!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm sorry you've been under the weather. I've been away from the internet, too, but for different reasons, and I'm always surprised by how much has gone on in the blogging world while I've been away. Good luck with your new phone service :)