Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thursday-1pm

Good Afternoon!
We've had some days where the patio door could be open...
...and some days it was too hot and sticky...
...but even on the hot days Miss Karma wants at least a little whiffing time.
I've had worse IBS issues ever since I got that horrendous flu, so I wasn't able to make it to Ian's birthday party on Saturday...but Dagan sent me some pictures!
****
Ian with his aunt, Michal, and cousins, Julian and Elliott (in the high chair).
Eating birthday cake in his booster chair. 
Opening presents! 


  

  More treats?
Looks like he even got a little something extra at bedtime, too.  :) 

 I wasn't able to make it over there on Sunday, either...or have Leah over for crafts on Monday.  But Leah did stop over briefly on Monday night with some probiotics and critter stuff.  I am hoping taking probiotics might help.  :)
****
Other than that, I have been doing well and keeping busy.  Been slowly working on Christmas cards and birthday cards...
...watched the new season of Orange Is The New Black...made soup & bread...cleaned out the humidifiers for the summer...balanced the checkbook & wrote out bills...stuff like that.  :)  Oh! oh!  Leah found out why the printer wouldn't work!!  The new modem--duh!  It needed to be connected to the new modem.  Whew!  Although the color is still all off, it is printing again.
****
Last night rain clouds rolled in.
Cooled off, too, so that we have it open again today--hurray!
One of the things Leah picked up for me was a big saucer for water for the critters--the kind you put under a plant pot.  Karma was fascinated by the big raindrops plopping on the surface.
And--yes--as you can see, I "borrowed" a big rock from the landscaping around the building...
...but the birds haven't used it yet to splash in that I've seen.  They're getting used to it being out there, though.  The first day the blackbirds wouldn't even come on the patio to eat--LOL!  They are really chickens disguised as blackbirds.  Only braver in a group/gang.  
****
I took a couple videos of the critters feasting away on the patio one morning.  Mostly for Ian...our very own Fargo nature show.  But I had trouble uploading them.  I'll try again today.  Google bought YouTube, too, right?  It didn't like me having my old youtube account as soulcomfort1 and made me a new one as Rita McGregor--and keeps popping back over to that account.  I've tried to delete that one but have not been successful.  Sometimes I accidentally spend forever uploading videos and they are on the wrong account--*sigh*  Apparently, that's what happened--or tried to?  I don't think they actually published over there, either?  Not exactly sure what went wrong, to be honest.  I shall try again today to upload the Fargo nature videos--LOL!  When I get them published then I can put them on the blog for you.  :)
****
 Oh, and something else Leah found at Lowe's for me was a 5 lb bag of sunflower seed chips!  Awesome!  I was so hoping I could get sunflower seeds cheaper for the birds and our Little Buddies.  They aren't whole, but the birds and ground squirrels won't care.  :)
****
It's a gorgeous cooler day today--65 degrees right now.  In fact, let's see if my drop box is working better than it was...
Well, it isn't working automatically again for some reason, but I could send the picture manually.  Anyways, beautiful day!!  Hope you're having a beautiful day, too.  :) :)
****
"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. No, not at all. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be."
Robert Fulghum

16 comments:

Intense Guy said...

That quote cracks me up!!

Ian looks like he really raked in quite a haul!!

I hope you are feeling better today.

TexWisGirl said...

lovely skies. i know the birds will eventually use your bath/drinking fountain. :) sorry you couldn't get to ian's b-day party. he is growing up so quickly.

GrandmaG said...

So sorry to hear you've now missed both of Ian's birthday parties. But one-on-one is always better anyway. At least that's been my experience. Interesting that Ian's cousin, Elliott, spells his name the same as our Elliott. Elliott's parents were having a tough time deciding on the spelling. But then I said it would be easy for him to tell people "two 'l's and two 't's!" Granddaughter finally has a name. I'm not supposed to tell anyone until she's born, so keep it to yourself - LOL! Mom and dad finally agreed on Hazel. I'm warming up to it. But Zuae's very relieved they finally agreed on something normal. My son was getting waaaaaay too creative! Happy Fourth of July!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita - Happy Birthday to Ian! He is growing up quickly. Hope you are feeling better soon. Regards to Karma and McFamily! Have a good weekend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was good to see Ian's party photos, but sad you have nit felt well enough to visit and enjoy the festivities. Hope those probiotics work for you.

I can't get youtube because of Google. I've not been able to play anything there since Google took it over several years ago. Sorry you are having troubles, too.

Feel better soon, please, dear friend.

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeously moody skies.

Sorry to hear you had to miss Ian's birthday.

Mersad said...

Thanks from the shots of your world. At least you got some nice images from the birthday to show us. I wish you could have been there. Love the moody sky shots.

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

DJan said...

I do hope you will be feeling better soon, Rita. You are such a trooper, and I know you'll be able to cope with whatever happens, you always do. But it sure would be nice if you got a break now and then! Love all your pictures, and I'm sure that the birds will be splashing around in there soon! More cat TV! :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope you are feeling better! Happy Birthday to your Ian, too bad you missed the party:(

Anonymous said...

Is Ian two already? Hope the probiotics help--like chicken soup, they can't hurt!!

Carol said...

Bummmer that you are sick again... Hope the new meds helps cause I know how bad that can really get. It's impossible that the little bugger is two already!!!! Where is time running off too?

My name is Erika. said...

Karma looks she's really interested in the bird outside your window.:) And you're a smart lady working on all your cards now. I hope you feel better ASAP.

AliceKay said...

Looks like Ian had a great birthday. Sorry you missed the party. Hope you feel better soon. GI issues are the pits.

Serena Lewis said...

Sorry to hear you weren't able to make it to Ian's birthday party. It was great to see the photos though. Happy Birthday, Ian!!! My goodness, TWO already!! Time sure does fly! He is so darned cute!

I'll be watching the third season of Orange is the New Black as soon as I finish season three of The Black List. Almost halfway through.

Since you got your new phone, you may have to re-select the Automatic Syncing option to Dropbox.

I hope you are feeling much better, my friend.

Have a great weekend! xo

Zue said...

What a happy little birthday party. Ian is so lovely!
We often forget to put water out for wildlife.....well done, you!
Sue xxx

andi filante said...

I'm so sorry you were feeling crappy (hehe) but happy birthday to Ian!!!

-andi