Monday, April 29, 2019

4-29-2019 Monday-1pm

Good afternoon!
Monday again already and almost the end of April!  They just got snow to the west of us, but we mostly got rain here and missed another April blizzard.  ;)  Springs are unpredictable.
****
I haven't slept in my bed for so long that Annie thinks it's... 
...her own personal giant-sized cat bed--LOL!
And--no--I haven't touched the clothes bins yet.  It got cold again.  We got rain and a little sleet during the night--or mini hail.  There was something pattering on the AC in the dark and I could see a little white on the grass.  Yup--been up most nights still.  But earlier in the week I was out every afternoon reading on the patio--even if I had to wear my hooded lined sweatshirt to do it--LOL!  ;)
****
Leah came over Tuesday night to finish off making her invitations.  AND she came back Thursday night, too, since they are going to Minneapolis for Dagan's checkup Wednesday (heart/pacemaker) and she won't be over for a Craft Night this week.  She did cut my hair--tada!  We've been trying to arrange the hair cutting since at least Christmas, so that tells you what kind of winter we've had--LOL!  
**** 
Meanwhile, I've been working on the Christmas cards!  Finally!  Well, one set.  We really want to get ahead of the game again.  I am using my last set of birthday cards this year, too.  Leah and I discussed plans for the alternate set of three-tree cards--which I'll start next after I finish these.  :)  Obviously we don't want to send them one year right after the other.  We have plans for more sets, of course.
****
 With this set--first I am taking double-sided carpet tape to set the three white trees into the three tree hole in the plaid background.
This particular carpet tape is black. 
I saved all those little pieces between the trees, separated them, and now am popping them back into the holes.  The plaid isn't going to match, but it's good enough. 
So this is what my table has looked like off and on this past week. 
I am almost done with this part.  We're making about 90, but need to double check and do some counting.  Could be we need a few more.  :) 
Annie keeps me company, but she finds card making quite boring--LOL! 
****
I got pictures from Leah!!
Easter family photo--with Blink (not really cooperating)...
...and without Blink.  :)
Liam is getting so big already!
He and Ian both have the straight hair in front and curls in the back--LOL!
Ian is still insisting he wants to grow his hair long.  Their fine hair gets all frizzy almost magically and sticks straight out from the back of their heads.  You can wet it down and an hour later--frizz. 
Leah found out she can put a little gel in and then the curls will stay! 
Well, mostly she does Ian's.  Liam's hair is shorter and he's not old enough to insist on growing it out--ROFL!  ;)  
****
These pics were funny!
Ian helping Liam who wanted to get on the roller skates... 
...briefly!  LOL! 
Notice how big Phil is!
I haven't shown you Baby Phil for quite a while.
He's doing quite well, too.  
****
And you might remember the little baby spider plant that Leah's sister sent up to me from Mpls?
When we plant flowers this spring Spidey needs to be re-potted, too.  ;)  The other plants in the blue planter under the light are catnip.  Annie LOVES me to snip off pieces for her.
****
Last Thursday Leah was shocked when she heard this happen on the side of the house! 
The neighbors have this pile of big rocks for landscaping in their yard...and the company was there to mow and fuss about for spring... 
...when the mower must have hit a rock in the lawn and hurled it over to smash their window!  The workmen said to go ahead and have it repaired and then send the bill to the company.  Luckily it only broke the outside pane of the double-pane glass window--whew! 
But you think--what if the kids had been out playing in the yard or if anyone got hit by a big flying rock.  Goodness!  You don't think of lawn mowing as being that dangerous.  Seems kind of early for mowing in the first place, doesn't it?
****
Man, it was such a fast week. 
**** 
Since McFamily is going to Minneapolis and will stop at IKEA with their now larger vehicle...there just might be something new over here in the near future.  Just saying.  ;)  There have been measurements and discussions.  Always exciting!
****
I'll leave you with a couple pictures of Liam examining their Dyson. 
He seems to be taking after his Mama.
Wants to know how everything works. 
And Leah told me that she was also a fearless mad climber, too!
****
Well, the mourning doves are cooing.  Annie is sleeping in her chair next to me.  Clothes are rolling about in the dryer.  It's a dark, drizzly day--high of 45 degrees (7.2 C) and a low tonight of 31 degrees (-0.6 C).  I just asked Alexa--LOL!  But as soon as it is dry and halfways warm I shall be out reading on the patio some more.  And when it warms up I will be more motivated to use my spoons to "marikon" all my clothing instead of using them up working on Christmas cards--ROFL!  Every day I have to check spoon level and make priority decisions.  ;)  
****
Have a wonderful, wonderful week, everybody!  Use your spoons wisely.  Till next time.  :) :)
****
"In truth, the heart must crack open if the soul is to become free.  And you simply cannot think your way into that."
Terry Patten

13 comments:

Rita said...

Comment to get comments. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

Our high tomorrow is predicted to be 84! I can't wrap my mind around your long winters. Reading on the patio is a joy, isn't it! Such a nice little nature space :) I've never had any luck with spider plants. They die no matter what I do, so I leave them alone. Yours looks great! I still want one of those IKEA chairs with the matching footrest, but there's really no way I need yet another chair. I'm trying to pare down, not accumulate lol I do like that tree pattern on your card. Nice! I hope your upcoming week brings you energy and good weather :)

Bonnie said...

Hi Rita! You are smart to start working on Christmas cards now. Every year I say I am going to make a lot of Christmas gifts but usually wait too late to get them all done in time. Annie is smart to enjoy the bed - our cats do the same thing. I hope you get more warmer weather soon. We've had a little but it is cool and rainy this week. I've already had to cut our grass twice this year due to all the rain.

Take care and give Annie my love!

Lady Fi said...

Those boys are adorable.

Far Side of Fifty said...

yeah for working on Christmas cards! It snowed here about 2 inches maybe a bit more. Far Guy is feeling better finally. Hope you have a good week looks like a chilly week you better take a blanket outside to read:)

Jenny Woolf said...

Those family pictures are just adorable. They all look so happy and beautiful. What wonderful people to have in your lives, Rita! And it's lovely to see how Annie has now settled down and is now a trusting loving cat. You must feel very happy!

Jon said...

Our beds are very similar. My bookcase headboard is almost identical to yours. I always read in bed, but my lamp recently broke. I'll have to buy a new one next time I go to town.

Of course, I always love the photos of Annie - and the family Easter photo is so sweet.

Wow - the rock through Leah's window is horrible!! It's a good thing the company is paying for it - but what an inconvenience.

DJan said...

Yikes on that rock breaking the window. I love the pictures of the kids, and Annie, too. It sounds like it was a good week, but I think I'd stay inside for a bit longer until it gets warmer. The lawn mowers are going around here, too, and it does seem early. :-)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Great cards as usual, awesome grandsons as usual but a broken window is not good or usual at all

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Annie looks comfy on her "new" cat bed (grin).

The McFamily Easter photos are priceless and the kids are really growing.

That broken window is SCARY. Glad the kids weren't around outside when that happened.

1artsychick said...

Always love to see your updates. I want to see your haircut! I just asked Alexa the weather and it's 88 here at 4pm! It gets really hot here, but I'd much rather have that than all the snow and cold that you get. People sure are different huh? I could never deal with that weather.
So funny that Ian wants his hair long! Such a cutie.
Hoping you kick Anne out of her new cat bed soon.
Mowers can be pretty darn dangerous! Those guys should have known better than to be mowing around rocks.
your cards are beautiful, as always.
xoxo wendy from picnic with ants

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

The sweetest little faces. Happiness. Sitting outside on your porch - spring treat! Thanks Rita for writing and sharing.
Hugs.
Joy

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's a close call with the window. You're right about kids playing outside and a rock flying. Hopefully that doesn't happen again. Your plants are doing exceptionally well.