Monday, September 11, 2023

September 11, 2023 Monday--12:05am

 Greetings!  

It is technically Monday--LOL!  ;)

A new rainbow shower curtain started the week. :)

Wednesday: Keanna came to clean.  She said every time she comes it looks different in here--lol!  Later in the day two guys delivered the new wall shelf unit box to my door and even put it inside the door for me.
So, it is here!  Heavier than I expected, but I got it over and up against the wall for now.  Probably either move it to the bedroom or to the garage eventually.  No hurry.  Boxes are my new decor.  ;)
Most of the week was spent searching online for sinks, faucets, and organizers for my lazy susans by my chair and on the kitchen table.  I would sleep 3-5 hours a day for two or three days and then crash for maybe10-11 hours one night--and repeat.  So, pretty tired on the whole.  I discovered HOW tired and foggy brained on Friday morning when the two girls from the office came to my door because I had forgotten to sign my rent check!!  I've never forgotten to sign a check in my entire life!!  That proved to me that I need to just calm down on the P&P--quit pushing myself--and just focus on trying to get some normal sleep back for now.  Rest, you know?

Which I kind of had to do this week because I was too tired to do much else.  

Friday afternoon I had my CT scans.  Leah picked me up.  It is plural scans now since I moved to Sanford.  I get two separate scans.  Have to lie there for seven minutes in-between them, too.  So I am in extra back pain for a couple days afterwards.  Better today than I was.  I'll probably be feeling back to my normal by tomorrow.  :)

Anyways, Leah came in afterwards.  We discussed the shower hardware possibilities and made some final decisions on the choices I had made over the week.  So exciting!  I picked out a black bathroom sink.  Still need to pick out a faucet.
A black kitchen sink.  Since I had to go smaller I picked out a workstation type of sink with a strainer and a cutting board.  I am so excited about this sink.  It is just perfect for me!
Then a black kitchen faucet to go with the black sink.  Even has power surge.  Fancy!
Leah had been to the cabinet makers again and we got the plans with all the measurements!  The kitchen--front view...
...and even a top view!
A front view of the bathroom.
Saturday Trent was over there to work with Dagan and Leah more on the electrical system.  So much!  All the ceiling lights, outlets, kitchen and laundry room...lots to do.  :)

Speaking of lights...lol!  This lamp was up on the folding table and shown right on the TV at night so I put it down on the floor behind my chair...and apparently opened up a new luxury cat spa!!
Every time I turn around I find Miss Allie sleeping under the warm light.

Sunday: Decided to change the shower curtain--
---which has a more fall look to me--
--because I ordered a new liner.  Easier to remove them both and start afresh--lol!
I've always had the big stiff clear plastic liners you can get for like 5 or 6 dollars.  I splurged and got this new kind for 12 dollars.  Probably not "new"--just new to me.  OMGosh!  It is so light and soft!!  I wonder how well it repels water?  I'll find out.
While I finished up--Allie took a moment to check out the toilet before she knew I was going to leave and turn the light off.  Why do cats have a fascination with toilets?  Is it just the water?
Sunday afternoon the organizers arrived!  I at least managed to remove everything from all the lazy susans (four of them) and clean them up, even though I only plan to use the organizers on two of them.  Turned out there was a small round one that didn't spin.  Didn't work at all.  So I have to return it.  But I liked this bigger octagon one, anyways.  I'll order another one of these once I get my refund.
It's tall enough it works even when it is hanging a little over the edge like that.  But I don't know that is where it will stay.  

Then there are two of these non-spinning types on the kitchen lazy susan.
Don't they look like that beautiful ink drop paper I got for my bookcard covers?  
Anyways, they are far from figured out.  Have to wait until I get the other octagonal one later on, but at least they are dust free, scrubbed down, and clean.  I did purge a little, too, as I cleaned them--but the serious reorganization will come after the final organizer arrives.  They are still in need of a bit more purging--lol!  You can't say I don't use them all, that's for sure!  They're a big part of my life actually.

So, besides laundry, doing dead heads & watering on the patio, cooking, dishes, and the rest...what else did I do this past week?  I squeezed all those acrylic tubes of paint and they were all soft and not hard.  Hurray!  I tried the Starbucks Salted Caramel Mocha coffee and I can't even drink it without cream.  Not a fan.  And yet I tried the Caramel one and it was really good just plain black.  Haven't tried the Kicking Horse brand yet--LOL!  Been watching Netflix DVDs while I still can this month--lol!  Just taking it easier than I have been...well, for a while, at least.  ;)

This week I have my appointment with my nice, new oncologist, Dr. Failing, on Friday.

Leah told me that I don't have to give up my regular doctor/osteopath I had at Essentia because their computer information is connected.  So I am planning to call today to ask if that's okay--and make an appointment to see her.  Maybe she will renew my BP medication this next time for me.  I always really, really liked Dr. Kessler!  She is the one who caught the cancer, too.  Other doctors just kept telling me I had a bladder infection and gave me antibiotics.  I didn't care that much for the new lady dr that I tried out at Sanford (not that they don't have a whole lot of drs at Sanford) but I would like to see if I can actually stick with Dr. Kessler!  I know she's really booked up ahead of time, but she is worth waiting for. :) :)

The weather has cooled down considerably and I LOVE it!  Having the place open again--both Allie and I are very happy.  With everything going on in the world I am so grateful to have my ordinary, boring (to others) life with a cat purring loudly on my lap.  
Bless you all!!  
See you next week!  :)

10 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the fall curtain. It definitely chabges the room. I especially like your choice of sinks, too. The plans are awesome and so detailed. I'm glad you shared them.

My cats aren't allowed in the bathroom, so I ave never had a problem with toilets. also, I keep my lid down at all times, too.

Nice organizers. I can understand why you wouldn't want one that doesn't spin.

I hope you get to have Dr. Kessler. I know how much you think of her. Have a super good week, dear Rita. BTW, my life is far more boring than yours!!


DJan said...

I love the rainbow curtain and am sorry you took it down so quickly. But the other one is definitely fall-ish. Glad you're doing so well right now, Rita.

Janie Junebug said...

I love the rainbow shower curtain. No matter what color your bathroom towels are, they'll go well with that curtain. I also like lazy susans and especially the black sink with the cutting board. I know staying on your back for the scans was difficult. I hope everything works out with Dr. Kessler. It's gotten hot again here, but before long it will cool off and we'll have autumn

Love,
Janie

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Love the sinks, both will be good additions to your new place!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

The shower curtains are really nice I like both of them, some delivery people are nice and helpful some are not. I have never forgotten to sign a cheque as I have never had a cheque account my parents had one for a while when I was a child but never been a big thing in my family. I don't know why cats have a fascination with toilets

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! I love your fun shower curtains, and all of your organizational items. Wow, that black sink is awesome - and black fixtures - what an amazing look. I love it. I might have chosen black fixtures for our bathrooms if they had them at Home Depot, but we ended up going with brushed nickel which is just fine. I am glad you got the CT scans over with. I hope that you can get into see Dr. Kessler. Have a good week. See you again soon!

Jeanie said...

You've been busy again -- you deserve a rest so take it and take care of you. Hope the scan results are good ones. And I love the sink and fixtures -- very sophisticated and attractive.

Rosie said...

What a busy week you have had! I really like your black kitchen sink and fittings, can't wait to see it all in place and I imagine you are getting excited too. I hope you get more sleep soon and feel better. Take care.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never seen a black sink, but I love that design! Handy! Lazy susans are another handy idea. Perfect!

I need to try some of the flavored coffees. The caramel mocha sounds tasty. It is nice when the weather cools down enough to get some cool air circulating through the place. I hope you can see your preferred doctor. You never know until you ask.

Diane F. said...

Love your enthusiasm! Your life sounds exciting to me❤️ Love you! Diane