Tuesday, September 05, 2023

September 5, 2023 Tuesday--7am

 Good morning!

I never even got to this extra post yesterday.  My hours were flipped so I was up all night.  McFamily was going to come over in the afternoon.  Dagan and Leah were going to rearrange everything out in the garage so that Chuck (BIL) could easily pick up all the ValleyCon furniture this coming weekend.  We have been setting a lot of stuff on it--been storing it for Dagan and Leah since I moved here, I think.  It was piled with IKEA furniture boxes, potting stuff, etc.  

Anyways, I let them know they could come after breakfast since I was still up, and plus it was supposed to be in the mid-90s.  So they came earlier.  The boys stayed inside with me--totally preoccupied playing a new game Liam had gotten for his birthday--lol!  It went quickly and they were gone.  I stayed awake until 3:45pm and slept till 7:45pm but then slept again from midnight till 5am.  (Maybe the melatonin is doing something, anyways.)  So as a zombie woman yesterday, I wasn't up to doing the blog post.  But now I am awake and fairly alert.  

There are tons of pictures to scroll through.  And some very short videos.  I don't think any of them are even a minute long...more like a few seconds--lol!  They went to the Mega Mall more than once.  (That's what we often locally call the Mall of America.)  It has rides right in the center of the mall, an aquarium, mini golf, and they did make it to the Rainforest Cafe!  They went to The Science Museum with the dinosaurs and some interactive challenges.  I already showed you the trip to the Children's Museum.  What a week they had!

Main floor in the center of the Mega Mall is the Nickelodeon Universe...with all the rides!











Science Museum of Minnesota in St. Paul







A "live" T-Rex--lol!




Sea Life aquarium at Mega Mall


Watching sharks glide over your head is always thrilling!





Nemo!


Teeny, tiny starfish!
The boys showing the tiny starfish.  :)



Black light mini golf at Mega Mall.
Ian won a free game at the Rock of Ages Black Light mini-golf and Daddy won a free game at the Moose Mountain Adventure Golf.  They have a year to use their free games and hope they will be able to.  :)
Rainforest Cafe!


A giant blob of Silly Putty at...
...The Crayola Experience.  
I didn't know Crayola made Silly Putty!  Did you?
The Lego store is always a big hit!
(Wish lists were started for Christmas here!)
Kura Revolving Sushi Bar at Mega Mall

I love this drink robot!!
Swimming at the hotel.
And finally the Vikings pre-game before the ride home.




Collapsed at home after the vacation.
Summer vacation over.  Time for homeschooling again.  They each have signs for their side of the table--lol!
Mama got the big wooden holder from an Etsy shop.  Makes a pretty cool school table centerpiece!

When she was over here last week, she cut cardstock circles to put down in the bottom of the holes to try to protect them from all the crayons, scissors, and such.

Dagan's checkups went well...except for his pacemaker.  It is only two years old and losing battery power way faster than they had expected.  So he may have to go in for a more extensive surgery pretty soon where they would replace the leads into his heart and move the pacemaker from his abdomen (was put there because he was too small to get it put on his chest when he was 12) to up onto his chest.  

If you may recall, he's had so many pacemakers that he has extensive scar tissue in the "pocket" area where he's had them since he was 12...to the point he didn't even bleed last time when they cut into him and they were afraid it wouldn't heal back together again that time...but it did.  So this would mean a big shift and new leads screwed into his heart.  I'll let you know when Dagan hears.

Meanwhile, I have CT scans on Friday.  Keanna comes to clean today.  And I will continue to work on P&P in the studio.  The weather is supposed to cool off considerably and the Canadian smoke is back.  Stay safe.    Have a great week!  :)

6 comments:

Janie Junebug said...

I'm concerned about the pacemaker, of course. I know you'll let us know when you find out what needs to be done. The school set up looks great. I'm glad the boys are home schooled. COVID is worse again and RSV is a problem. I hope part of their classroom, when they grow a little older, will be a good, big dictionary, such as Webster's New International. I know they can look up definitions online, but a real dictionary is important. When children/students asked me what a word meant, I always said, Look it up. What fun that mall is! It's a theme park, almost as if it's Disneyland. So many things to do! We certainly didn't have anything like that as kids, or at least my parents never would have taken us to Disneyland or Hershey Park when I was growing up. I'm glad Dagan and Leah take the boys on adventures. I'm off today--it's bereavement time. I was going to take today off anyway. I have my physical later this afternoon.

Love,
Janie

DJan said...

What a fun adventure they had! And all captured for posterity. I too hope the pacemaker situation goes without incident. Thanks for all the pictures and videos too. And good luck for your CT scan. Fingers crossed.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. What a fun vacation McFamily had. Great pictures. I love the wooden pencil and crayon holders for Ian and Liam. I think it is great that they are homeschooled. As I public school teacher, I know what schools are like and homeschooling can be a great option. I wish Dagan well with the pacemaker, and you with the CT scan. Keep us posted. Have a good week!

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That is a lot going on for everyone, yourself included! Looks like everyone had a great time in Minneapolis!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sorry to hear that they have to replace the pacemaker. Wow the boys had a blast! Looks like great fun! My Grand boys loved that Lego store too! Yes the smoke is back but at least it is cooler!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Busy times the boys being inside with you and not under their parents feet is for the best. Great photos and videos. Not good about the pacemaker