Greetings!
This will be super short...for me--lol! I decided to quit that internal fighting being sick and pushing myself when I have felt so cruddy. Just kind of gave in to resting and kind of being on vacation, so to speak. I was a bit better by the time McFamily came home on Wednesday. (Dagan said "all fine" on the check-up.) I am still sick and not feeling great but am coughing less than I was. Ian was down Friday for hours. I found Leave It To Beaver on Peacock! He really enjoyed it. We watched 11 episodes! Liam came down for the last two, I think. (He's not as much one to watch TV.) Ian made the three of us a pizza in my new oven. We totally lost track of time watching Beaver and got a text from Dagan and Leah to send the boys up to go to bed. It was 10:30! LOL!
After they left I looked to see how many more episodes we had in season one. I knew they made many more episodes every season all those years ago when I was a kid but I almost fell over! 39 episodes in the first season and there are six seasons! They were only half an hour but that is a LOT of episodes. Hurray! We will have fun watching Beaver for quite some time--lol!
I remember being so excited to hear that music come on at the start of the show. Were any of you Beaver fans? Later one of my favorite shows was The Andy Griffith Show. I'll have to see if I can find that one day for us to watch after we are done with Beaver. Must be a strange world for kids today to see. Phones on a table, girls wearing dresses to school, kids wandering around town or the neighborhood, and eating meals around the table every night. I would tell Ian what I remembered and what wasn't like that at my house. I think it is weird for him to think I watched this show when I was his age maybe younger...Liam's age, maybe?
I just asked Google. 1957 it came out. I was six. Yup--younger than either of the boys. Younger than Beaver was! LOL!
Anyways...Wild Card...seemed coincidental--lol!
Unreachable? This past week it has felt unreachable that I will get back to feeling decent and ever getting my home put together. But eventually things should work out. They always do.I didn't even take any pictures this week. Totally on R&R. Nothing done but the usual daily stuff and a load of clothes. Still sick but definitely better than a week ago. I did find some colorful cabinet knobs. Not like the every one different of the hand-painted knobs. They are all the same, but I bought two different kinds. One set for the living room and one set for the studio. I have another list of small projects for Dagan and Leah for today...and she might cut my hair, too.
My only plans for the coming week are to rest up, get well, and see the eye specialist on Friday. The following week will be the lab and rheumatologist. That's enough for me to deal with. Maybe some more Leave It To Beaver! LOL! Have a great week! :) :)

No comments:
Post a Comment