Friday, July 04, 2008

Friday-8:45am

Happy Independence Day To Me!!!

Dagan picked me up after work and we went to Best Buy. I got my converter box for the TV. Dagan bought it for me! :) Then we went over to their place so I could see their new giant TV that got delivered yesterday--which they are watching on camping chairs--hehe! (Store credit for the appliances they no longer need that were for the house.) Leah wasn't home when we got there, but when she came home--it was with a washed and filled Paseo--told me I was driving myself home!! I am covered on their insurance! Awesome!!

I took pictures over at Dagan and Leah's. (Look at all the trees around there! So many for a new development? Nice!)

And I took pictures of Dagan and Leah's new Nissan Versa, too.

Such a cute little hatchback!

Kind of daunting--getting behind the wheel after around five years or so. I had a car briefly around five years ago or so--gifted to me by a friend of a friend in college. It had been her Mother-In-Law's car and she had called it Blueberry Betty. I was going to call the car Faith--so she was called Blueberry Betty Faith. BBFaith lasted for less than a year, I think. I drove her about once a week. Other than that--I haven't had a car since I moved here in 1999!! Well, it is still Dagan and Leah's car, of course--but it will be over here with me. :)
Dagan and Leah are so good to me!!
It all came back to me--like riding a bike--hehe!
So, I have my own independence, too, today! I still can't quite wrap my mind around it--but I will. Am I going anyplace today? Nope. :) But, I will be sitting here savoring the thought that I can drive myself to my doctor appointment on the 14th!! That CashWise was out of my toilet paper yesterday and I can drive over to Target--whenever I want!--and buy some! Don't have to call Dagan and Leah to see who can take me....ahhhhhh--freedom!

2 comments:

Jenifleur-de-lis said...

Rita! That is so awesome!!!! I'm so excited for you and for Leah and Dagan and their new little car and new place to live! :)

Rita said...

Dagan and Leah were saying that this is proof that when you are on the wrong path the doors close and when you are on the right path the doors open! Sure seems to be the case! I have been benefiting, too--overflow of goodness--ha!