Thursday, May 25, 2017

Thursday-10am

Been a titch over a week since I stopped by to say hello.  We've had a lot of dark, cloudy days where they have predicted rain...and a few days where we actually got some light rain.  
Good!  They have had fire watches up here because it's so dry.  Could use some downpours with thunder and lightning.  (I do love thunderstorms.)
****
What have I been up to this past week?  Mostly cutting pattern pieces... 
...and working on the hall closet. 
I just kept plugging away on both. 
Look what I found in with my sewing stuff!
Does anyone remember troll dolls?
****
 Well, I found mine in the garage in one of my "Nostalgia" boxes.  I had a small one (Juniper--named after the wild rabbit I managed to raise) and this larger one I named Bengie.  (And I have my sister, Renee's, too, I believe.)
I gave him a good bath, dressed him in his cave man outfit, and he is now in with Ian's toys.  Not sure he's going to like him, though.  When I found Bengie in the garage Ian was scared of him.
****
  Note: the felt outfit was from the above McCall's troll clothes pattern--sewn by hand in junior high when I was about eleven.  Bengie is about 55 years old and so is that pattern--LOL!  You never know what you might find in my stash.  I haven't even shown you the box of books from grade school yet, either.
 ****
Anyways, stepping out on to my patio these are my views--left...
...center... 
...right.
I still do have lots of sky, really.  Just a different angle than when I used to live on third floor.
****
I finally finished cutting pattern pieces yesterday. 
Leah was here for crafts on Tuesday and is coming back tonight.  We wanted to try out some diaper liners (that's what's on top) so made a pattern, cut a couple pieces of zorb (an absorbent core fabric made in Canada), and did a water test.  Not too much difference in how much water they could absorb, but the zorb did dry faster and was harder to wring out.  So going to try making a couple of diaper liners and see how they work. 
Leah had ordered some more Zorb II and some white micro fleece (SOOOO soft!) for wicking from a place called Wazoodle Fabrics online.  (Don't you love that name?)  They had the cheapest price for the Zorb we could find so we took a chance on this new company.  Really impressed with how fast it came and the quality looks good.  They are washed and ready to go.
I finished up in the hall closet.  Now it only holds sewing supplies and two boxes of oil painting supplies...so far.  
As you can see there is half a shelf left open--tada!!
****
I finished all the cutting of the pattern pieces we had ready to cut. 
I can see my carpet again--LOL! 
But in the studio...there are plastic bins...
...and banker boxes waiting to be filled.
This little closet will get an overhaul. 
I've already shoved a couple containers in there--geez!  I do that a lot.  Need to put something away...see an empty spot...and shove.  No wonder things get so chaotic so fast.
This closet will get completely pulled apart and reorganized.  There's room for a couple more things in the hallway closet, too...and even on the garage shelves...thank goodness, eh?  LOL!
****
So that's what I've been doing the past week.  I'm down to one closet.  Oh, and Annie needs a collar with her name and my phone number on it before she comes over, too.  So it won't be too long.  
****
After the closet...
Sew, sew,sew.
****
Today is the CCC group.  I was too shot to make it down for the library on Tuesday and haven't had time to read, anyways.  But today they have some lady coming from NDSD to talk about something or other, so I might try to make it down.  Too shot to even work on zendalas, anyways.  Last week I only popped down to say why I wasn't staying--LOL!  This reorganizing stuff wears me right out and stiffens me right up--LOL!  But I am nearing the end, anyways.
****
Leah is coming for crafts tonight.  We need to layer up all the pads and pantyliners the way she wants so they are ready to sew.  And Leah is working on a little organizer do-hickey for her purse, too.  So nothing strenuous tonight.  ;)
****
Oh--hurray!  Just got a text wanting to know if I was up for a spontaneous visit?!  From Ian and Leah--always!!  Later!
****
“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.” 
Bob Moawad

21 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are getting closer to Annie day! You have been busy! You never mentioned your eyesight, I hope it is slowly getting better! :)

Janie Junebug said...

You busy bee. I'd take a visit from Leah and Ian, too. We have had lots of rain the last couple of days. It was actually chilly when Franklin and Penelope went out at 6 a.m. Now it's sunny, pleasant, and not at all humid.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

You're a busy little bee, aren't you?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It always looks the worst right before the end of the organization. I'm so proud of you. I'm doing a little bit at a time, but you are on a HUGE roll. You may be stiff, but you have managed to accomplish a HUGE amount of work. VERY impressive.

Want to come work on my yard and studio (grin)?

My name is Erika. said...

I'm glad someone has been productive. And wow-I remember troll dolls. But I didn't know you could buy patterns to make them clothes. I would have been into that when I was a kid for sure. Your cleaning looks fabulous too! Happy long weekend ahead. Hugs-Erika

Serena Lewis said...

I hope you ended up getting some rain.

OH yes, I remember the Troll doll trend. I was never a fan of them myself but my sister and even my Mum loved them. haha They actually did try to make a come-back with them some years back but I don't think they became anywhere near as popular when they first came out. Cool that you found Benjie! It will be interesting to see if Ian takes to him.

You've been quite busy. I have been guilty of shoving things away quickly so any spot will do at the time. I'm much better at NOT doing that now after all the decluttering and going more minimalist.

I'm sure you would have loved the visit from Leah and Ian.

Love that quote!

Love and hugs xo

Zue said...

I love thunderstorms too; they are all too rare here!
Isn't it annoying when they promise a downpour and only drizzle appears?
Have a good weekend, Rita.
X

DJan said...

It's always so nice to see your smiling "face" here in Blogland, Rita. I am getting excited for Annie to arrive. You are always so busy, it's not surprising you are so "shot." :-)

Krisha said...

Wow! you have been busy, I'm pooped just reading about it............and I still have so much to get packed and put into storage....yikes!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Natasha used to love troll dolls, I always thought they looked weird, just saying..............also damn you have been a busy little beaver

Anonymous said...

I love the old troll dolls. I wonder what happened to mine. It was found anyway, maybe someone else found it.
Don't wear yourself out too much, but I know it feels good to accomplish so much. Now if I could just get that back bedroom cleaned out, I would be happy. Want to help? :-)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita - looks like your spring time is going pretty well! Sorry I haven't been by for a visit in a while. Busy times at our house. Yes, I do remember troll dolls. I loved them and had a whole collection when I was about five. Fun memories. Have a good Memorial Day and enjoy the week ahead!

Sherry Ellis said...

I remember troll dolls. We still have a few lying around here.

Lady Fi said...

Spontaneous visits are the best. I love that troll!

Dee said...

Dear Rita, that quotes really speaks to me right now in my life. A question: I can see the diapers being made, but what are the colored pieces that you've cut out? What are those for???? Peace.

AliceKay said...

Lots of organizing. Been doing some of that myself but there's so much more to do.

I have a couple of Troll dolls in the bedroom. Terri's is a scuba diver and mine is a bowler. They get the dust shook out of them every now and then. ;)

Hope you had a nice visit with Leah and Ian. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I remember those dolls! I had one back in the day, but I don't think it's still around. You are so busy with all that organizing!

Neesie said...

Oh my you are getting organised Rita, you put me to shame.
You brought lots of memories flooding back when I saw your Troll dolls. I've recently found one here and when I showed my son he thought it was scary and he's 25! Obviously times have changed.
What a lovely surprise having an impromptu visit...enjoy! :D

Becca said...

Your troll doll is awesome. I think I have gotten rid of all but maybe 1 of mine over the years.

Intense Guy said...

I hope both the 3 year old Ian and the new to you Annie both like the caveman! He's really cute!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

You are really going to town with sewing! That's a lot of pattern pieces you cut out and will be sewing. Very worthwhile project! I remember Trolls. Didn't know there was a pattern for clothing for them, though. :)