Monday, August 26, 2024

August 26, 2024 Monday--5am

Good morning!

This week flew by, but not in the best way, I suppose.  Could have been better, but I can't complain. :)  

Monday I was extra achy all over and tired.  Slept 11 hours--goodness!  

Tuesday - woke up feeling the same.  Wondered if I was getting sick-sick.  Took my temp and it was normal.  (Didn't want to give anything to Kianna.)  Was so stiff and achy that it was the first time I didn't have the trash gathered for her and she had to do it for me.  That evening I had a video call with the boys to see how they liked the new school orientation night.  They liked the school, met their teachers, and would be riding the bus to school.  The bus stop was at the end of the block.  They seemed excited about going and less hesitant.

Wednesday - was running to the bathroom more often and began to wonder if it was another UTI?  By evening...I cancelled the follow-up video call about the first day of school, was running a lowish temp (100 to 100.6), and making more and more frequent trips to the bathroom.  Definitely felt like a UTI by then, so I started on the Oil of Oregano I took last time so as not to take antibiotics if I don't have to.  Three naps.

Thursday-Sunday continued taking lots of Oil of Oregano, in the bathroom a lot, aching all over, awake-asleep-awake-asleep.  If I am very tired when I am sick, I try to sleep as much as I can...keeping in mind that my body is the boss of me since 2004--lol!  No use fighting that fact. ;)  

Started feeling somewhat better (temp dropping) by later on Saturday...was hungry and ate something.  Temp finally broke on Sunday.  Definitely on the mend now.  Recovery period this week, I think.

Since I was sick, I didn't take many pictures because I didn't do anything extra.  Barely did anything necessary--lol!  No birthday card coloring for me.  Best laid plans--LOL!  That's okay.  Lots of time.  I got to watch amazing happiness and joy from the DNC...plus some Netflix, BritBox, Magellan, Peacock, and You Tube videos.  When I was awake there was plenty to keep my mind occupied. ;)  Was a very good week.

Leah sent me a few more pictures.  

The boys outside the house before first day of school.

Can you see the boys?
I do love this colorful sign in front of the new school.  Love the name, too--Meadowlark.
Liam showing his locker.  Oh, and yes, I don't think I have seen Liam in matching shoes maybe all summer--lol!  Just his thing lately.
Since I had to cancel the video call after first day of school, Leah also sent me a video of the boys telling me about the new thing in the lunchroom at the new school.  I never heard of this!  There's a big traffic light in the lunchroom.  When they go to lunch it is green...they can get their lunch and find their spot and chat away.  When the light turns yellow they have two minutes to quiet down but they can still talk.  When it turns red it is quiet time with no talking and just eating.  And it is working!  For everybody they said.  What a cool idea!  Has anyone else heard of anything like that?

I thought since I have the space today...and I was quite fascinated by the trolls at the park in Detroit Lakes.  I thought you might be, too.

Liam and Ian (front center) in front of the first troll I showed you last week.  But I didn't show you the other four trolls and the rabbit at the end. 
Troll 2.
Ian, Liam and their friends' boys in front of Troll 3.
The marker for Troll 4.  They did have markers for them.
Liam on a big rock in front of Troll 4.
McFamily under huge, tall Troll 5...
...and, lastly, in front of the yellow rabbit.
Pretty cool!  I wonder who thought to make these for people to wander the park to find?  They even had to cross a covered bridge over a creek.  Quite unique!  Here I had wished I had shown them all to you last week...well, now I have.  Silver lining from being sick.  TaDA! 

I watched parts of the DNC when I was awake...and some clips.  No matter who was speaking or what was going on you could feel the positivity surging through the screen.  I was already happier, as you know...but it made me feel...

Did anyone else love this song so much they tuned in to the 24 hour version--do you remember that?  LOL!  Does anyone else still feel a rush of happiness when they hear this?  Leah often puts it on for me when I get in her car--no lie!  Told you, I am a weird human.  But I think in a good way...I hope, anyways. lol!

So, despite me being sick this past week--what a happy, joyful week it was.  Ahhh! 

Sunday--I also discovered that not only does Allie miss seeing the birds on the patio...but she misses hearing them.  I've played CatTV for her, but with the volume practically off.  She was very restless (probably bored with me being in my chair all week--which is quite funny because of how freaked out she was with my getting out of it this last January).  She wanted me to open the blinds and preferably the patio door.  She was crying and racing behind the blinds and around the apartment--acting like a crazy person.  I put on CatTV but also turned up the volume...and within 15-20 minutes...
I realized that I also miss the sounds of the birds chatting away all day--probably as much as she did.  (I know there's a squirrel on the screen but it was all filmed right by a lake and there must have been woods nearby because you hear a ton of birds, bugs, and kids off in the distance for the whole 10 hours on this one!)
I promised her I will play both of us some CatTV--with the volume up--several times a week.  I had thought she mostly missed seeing them so close up, you know...watching them.  But with as often as she slept by the patio door, I guess she missed the chatter and sound of them, too.  Put her right to sleep.  This will be a good habit to get into for when we move and she we can't see that much from the window wells.  

Anyways, as I am feeling better and better, maybe now this week I will be able to get something extra done--lol!  If I am able, you know I will show you. :) :)  Till next week, my friends.  Have one happy, happy week. 

13 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Those boys look pumped up and ready for school.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

I have never heard of the signal approach to lunches, very Ingenius! If I remember correctly, this is the boys first year at a new school. Hopefully they adapt well and make lots of friends. Hope you start feeling better soon!

DJan said...

So glad to hear you are on the mend after having been so sick. And it sure seems like the boys are going to enjoy school this year. Thanks for the update, and pictures of Allie being her usual self!

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm sorry you've been sick and am glad you feel better. Those first days of school. I remember how exciting that was. I'm glad it's working out for them.

I'm one of the ones who put "Happy" on that 24 hour video and danced 😊 I still live that song. It was a joy to see the enthusiasm at the DNC.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope you feel good this week! Those Trolls are something else...I believe it is a Danish man that is the inspiration , designer etc and there are some You Tubes about the trolls and him. They did not make them handicap accessible thats for sure. I hope the boys both like school!!

Janie Junebug said...

That song always peps me up, too. The trolls are adorable. I wish I had that giant yellow rabbit, maybe in a smaller version, in my front yard. I'm glad the boys got started at their new school without any mishaps. Meadowlark is a good word. It's the name of the street we lived on in Maryland, where my children grew up and I had my happiest home. Good that your fever broke. How do you feel now? I wasn't able to watch as much of the DNC as I would have liked but what I did see was great. Did you get to hear James Taylor sing? His voice is still as beautiful as when he was Sweet Baby James.

Love,
Janie

Janie Junebug said...

I forgot to say that at my son's elementary school in Laurel, MD, they used the signal at lunch and it was wonderful. It kept behavior in the lunchroom under control and encouraged children to eat their lunches instead of being distracted by visiting with their friends. I suggested the method at a parents' meeting for my daughter's elementary school in a different city, where lunchroom behavior was out of control, and the parents acted as if it would be the end of the world for the students to keep quiet for a little while during lunch, but the signal method works well.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! I sure am glad that you are feeling better. So glad that the boys enjoyed their first week of school. I watched part of the DNC and agree with you - it was patriotic and positive - which I loved! I hope you have a good week. So sorry I haven't been commenting much on your posts of late. Things have been super busy and I have been quite exhausted since going back to school. I hope things stay good, positive and upbeat for you! See you again soon!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Good morning, feeling unwell isn't nice but pleased to read you are feeling better, I can't remember the last time I slept for 11hrs. That's good the boys like the new school, some nice photos and you can complain all you like I am sure Allie will listen to your complaints.

CheerfulMonk said...

I’m sorry you were sick but am glad you’re feeling better! ❤️

Anupama K. Mazumder said...

Do take care of yourself!
I like the photos from school too!

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you are feeling much better. It sounds like a rugged week but sleeping did seem to help. The school photos are fun and I'm glad Allie will get her bird sounds back!

Rosie said...

So pleased you are feeling better and hope you continue to improve. It's good to let your body rest when not feeling the best. I like the boys' school sign, very welcoming and also the signal lights for quiet time is a very interesting idea.