Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday-10:30am

Finally finished another page spread of the EDM challenges!

Yesterday Dagan came by over lunch and switched my DVD players for me (bedroom and living room). The one in the living room was skipping. I cleaned it with both the cleaners I have--or tried to--and it still skipped. Played just fine on the bedroom one. So--Dagan switched them for me. :)

Leah came by after work with a load of acrylic painting supplies. Then she took a load of craft supplies with her (glue, scissors, punches, etc). Her Shaklee group (three ladies from work) are meeting twice a month now and they were going to work on making Vision Books last night. Fun! I could have gone, but I didn't want to push the arm since it is just about back to normal.

Leah said she'd try to bring the craft stuff back tonight and some more acrylic supplies.

I watched Bridge to Tarabithia yesterday. Was okay, I guess. Not what I expected--more depressing and kind of weird.

New classmate Leslie Burke (AnnaSophia Robb) unlocks a world of fantasy and imagination for fifth-grader Jesse Aaron (Josh Hutcherson) in this magical adventure based on Katherine Paterson's best-selling book. Rivals at first, the two outcasts eventually become friends and create the make-believe kingdom of Terabithia, where they reign supreme and plot vengeance against the school bullies. Zooey Deschanel and Robert Patrick also star.

Was supposed to be nice out today and it is very dark and cloudy. Cooled off, that's for sure--61 degrees right now! One day it is too hot and muggy to be outside at all and the next I need a sweater to sit on the porch and read. I am going to throw on my big grey sweater (that I drew) and start book number six of the Dark Tower series on the porch. :)

No comments: