Monday, March 03, 2008

Monday-11:45am

This is what I did (in one hour sessions, of course) all day long yesterday. Made up watercolor swatches of all my watercolor paints! I've been meaning to do this for years, actually. Felt so good to have that done. :)

I used an Arches watercolor travel notebook. Taped down squares like I saw Cheap Joe do on YouTube. Tried to group up my colors a bit, too.

These are all of my watercolor paints (artist quality). The pan palette is Lukas. The fuller ziplock bag on the right hand side is all Holbein--the large set I first started with and some colors I added later (on sale at local art store). The other bag has all the rest of my brands--samplers I have purchased from Sennelier and Schmincke--and a very few individual colors of Winsor Newton.

Was a fun day playing with paints!

2 comments:

Jenifleur-de-lis said...

Mmmm! Watercolors!! I'm slowly getting my supplies organized and am going to "set up shop" at my little dining table! I love the swatches you made - what a great way to pass the day away!!

Rita said...

It was fun! Love to see what you're playing with once your "shop" is in business--hehe! I'll check your blog. :)