Saturday, February 01, 2014

Saturday-9:30am

What a gorgeous morning on Thursday!
 And this morning was very pretty in a frozen-land kind of way--LOL! 
I am hooking into the Zendala Dare and the Artist's Playroom today--maybe.  It might be too late by Saturday, but oh well.
****  
This was the template for this week.
I've been in a very light and airy mood, I guess.   
No "official" tangles again.  Just doing my own thing.
Well, let's see.  Dagan and Leah switched to Thursday night because they were having a meeting about changing over to a newer phone plan that will save money.  (Always good!)  I made roasted vegetables with chicken and fresh hot bread.  Dagan forgot the bag of stuff at home so we didn't monkey with the drying rack--no drill.  Just hung out and talked baby quite a bit.  (Happy Grama!)  They left early because they had things to do before their SuperBowl party this weekend.
****  
Here's the 4-month belly shot of Leah.  :) 
Sorry it's dark.  My place has so much stuff everywhere that we had to go in the hallway and shoot against the bathroom door to find a blank space--ROFL!
****
At the clinic visit this week they were wondering about the possibility of twins, too.  So Leah had an ultrasound yesterday.  Only one baby--tada!  All is well and the prediction is--a boy.  Not that they are always 100% correct, but that was the technician's guess.  What a relief!!  One at a time is enough!  Whew!
****
Since she hadn't gotten that much larger in the past month we were less inclined to think twins, but it is nice to know for sure.  So that's the exciting news!  And Leah is happy because if it had been twins...midwives won't do twin deliveries at home and Leah is planning a home birth.  So--good news all around.  :)
****
My art table has been calling to me.  I wanted to use up some of these older misters, right?  The six taller ones are so old they are from when Luminarte sold their mister solution with an extra empty bottle to you could mix your own with water to be as intense as you wanted.  Does anyone else remember that?
Anyways, I used my new absorbent ground as a base on the page spread (supposed to be good with watercolors and such--rather than gesso) and let that dry.  Then got out my misting (cardboard) box...but none of them worked.  Only one of two Tattered Angels misters made a weak, drippy, brief attempt before it clogged.  Since I was just using my junk/experimentation journal...well, I just opened the bottles up...    
...and splattered with the tubes... 
...all over the place--LOL!  Was actually a lot of fun!  So this pathetic showing is for APR this week.
What I am going to do with it next...well, not sure.  I'll think of something.  Was kind of thinking of catching up with this 52 week art prompt group...but I am four weeks behind already--LOL!  We'll see.
****
Oh, the webinar!  ROFL!  I went to join...well before the appointed time...only to discover I had to download some program in order to watch it...and by the time I figured that all out and got that done...the program was "full" and I couldn't watch it after all.  But I did get an email with a copy of the program afterwards.  Only thing was...it was just a slide show presentation with a couple of short videos inserted...that I had already watched somewhere else online.  Oh, the internet!  Such a hoot!
****
The bag of older art magazines was picked up yesterday (freecycle).  I think the beading magazines are going this weekend...and a lady had been interested in the card making magazines, but then I never heard back from her?  I think I'll try calling her again.  Be nice to know they all have fresh eyes upon them and can be passed around. 
****
Let's see.  Oh, the books I had requested still weren't in from the other libraries by Thursday, so Amy is planning on coming by on Sunday afternoon last I heard.  I need to make another loaf of bread on this sunny day.  Two degrees and we may hit five today--LOL!  Hot bread with leftover roasted veggies...yumm!  
****
Anyways, have a really great rest of the weekend!!  :):)
****
  "What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the Sunset."
Crowfoot, a leader of the Blackfoot nation

21 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

loved the sky views. the zendala pattern reminded me of turkey feathers. your stylings of it were beautiful.

yay for one good-sized baby! :)

GrandmaG said...

How well I know little boys. Leah and Dagan best rest up! LOL

Happy weekend!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe you make those squiggles on that Zendala. They are all so precise. Simply amazing, and it makes my hand cramp just thinking about it (grin).

I have trouble with my mists, too. There are times I spend more time cleaning my mists than actually misting. For that reason, I sometimes hate using them.

Glad there's good news about Leah. She does look like she's having twins after four months only. It's probably all that bread she eats when she comes by your place (grin).

Beth said...

Congratulations to Leah and Dagan and to you grandma!!

Janie Junebug said...

Congratulations, Grandma!

Love,
Janie

Friko said...

My, Leah is a big girl; I could believe she has twins in that tummy.
Are you glad you’re going to be a gramma soon? I bet Karma’s nose will be put out of joint if you make any fuss over the baby.
She has you all to yourself ; the artwork keeps you just where she wants you.

From here it looks like you have your life sorted out just right. Hope all will stay well and you don’t get any new pains.

Anonymous said...

I predict that you will make a most excellent Grama. Congrats to all!

DJan said...

I love that quote at the end, and good news for Dagan and Leah. It's quite hard enough to have ONE infant at a time, if you ask me. Love your zendala, Rita. Stay warm and cozy while it's brutal outside. :-)

Zue said...

Twins would have been such hard work, but a complete family in one go has a certain appeal :)
X

Anne's tangle blog said...

Your airy zendala is beautiful!!!

Shelly said...

I'm so happy for you with a new baby in sight! What will Miss Karma be- a kitty aunt?

Jenny Woolf said...

I could imagine that those wonderful colours of the sky could give plenty of ideas for colours for the mandalas!

AliceKay said...

I love that first photo. The sky is on fire. Beautiful!

You could make stick figures look great with your artistic talent. Nice zendala.

Leah looks healthy and that's what we all want, right? One thing about babies and ultrasounds - the boys always have that little extra something that gives them away. ;) I was in the room when my daughter had her first ulstrasound, and you could definitely see it was a little boy. :) Do they have any names picked out yet?

Sorry your webinar didn't work out for you this time. I find that things on the internet aren't as easy as they seem a good deal of the time. They makes things so complicated more often than not.

Loved the quote! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Denise Price said...

Hello! Your splatter paintings look like tons of fun to make, and your zengram reminds me of a snowflake. Hope you had a fun weekend!

Darla said...

Beautiful sky, glad you had a break in the weather. Those pages might not have been what you started out to do but they make great backgrounds.

Darla

Dee said...

Dear Rita, such good news about Leah and the baby.
I'm so happy for Dagan and Leah . . . and you! You are going to be a grandmother and what a wonderful one you will be. Just think about sharing all your enthusiasms with a little girl and of sitting with her and drawing and painting and just being together. All so wonderful. Peace.

andi filante said...

Is there anyplace that doesn't have snow right now?? Our drive is covered in ice and I promptly fell on my bum yesterday and it put me in a bad mood. But baby news! Yay! And beautiful quote, even it it's a tiny bit depressing!! :)

-andi

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Freshly baked hot bread oh so yummy, makes ones mouth water

Anonymous said...

Lovely sky shots and a great quote too.

Intense Guy said...

Leah is about 1/2 way there!! and she's looking great!

:)

Serena Lewis said...

Leah is looking lovely! I'm so happy for them both. :) You must be getting quite excited about being a Grandma...you will love it!

Yep, ultrasounds have been known to be wrong. I know of three people personally who had the opposite sex to what their scan predicted. Is Leah going to get a 3D scan when she's further along? They are amazing!

Nice play time at the art table!

LOVE roasted veggies!

love and hugs ~ xo