Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Update Wednesday-8pm

TaDa!  I am back online!!  
Leah used her cell phone to put up the previous post for me.  Thanks, Leah!
****
Dagan couldn't find anything wrong on our end and was going to just try to call to see if the repair person could come earlier than the 19th.  We had given up on getting through for assistance (must be a lot of people calling repair in the evenings?).  Dagan decided to try one more time (before they were going to start tweaking and drilling on the paper drying rack) and he miraculously connected with an actual human being!  After a fairly long conversation (I had to verify my identity and give verbal permission for Dagan to represent me on the phone), said human being finally did some fiddling of some sort on their end (Dagan wasn't even sure what they did)...and poof!  I was suddenly back online again.  This human being obviously had more tech-smarts than the one I talked with at length this morning.  I am sooooo relieved that I didn't have to wait until next Wednesday!!  Whew!  (But let's just say--I am not thrilled with Century Link.) 
****
Just wanted to give you a quick head's up.  I hope I STAY online now.  I'm exhausted and going to relax, finish watching the last of Justified, and go to bed.  ;)  Nighty Nite!!  I would have really missed you all!  A whole week without internet, email, and my online friends--awk!  :):)
****
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. "

Anaïs Nin

10 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you are back! Internet problems can be really frustrating! Rest up and you and Karma enjoy the rest of the week.

Shelly said...

It is so frustrating when the internet gives us problems- I hope it stays fixed!!!

Beth said...

Hooray!

Hilary said...

I'm glad that your connections issues were short lived. We have satellite here, and it's very often balky.

Janie Junebug said...

Welcome back! I am always flabbergasted when I get someone on the phone who can fix a technical problem in MY house.

Love,
Janie

DJan said...

Whew! That was a close one, Rita. Glad to know you're back on line and home it stays that way. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hurray for that!

Carol said...

So glad you are back too!!!!! I have CenturyLink also and I absolutely despise them...unfortunately they are the only high speed internet available here and they are SLOW! Whenever we downsize it will be to somewhere with better internet service for sure.

GrandmaG said...

I, for one, am a very crabby person when my Internet is down. Funny how we've come to rely on it in such a short time. Hope your connection problems are resolved soon!

Intense Guy said...

I think finding a company that human beings that answer the phone is getting to be a real challenge these days... and it's no fun.