Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday-11am

Good T Stands For Tuesday Morning!  
Was just coffee last night (and this morning) while I worked on letters.  I finished up a couple in the past two days but still have five more ready to answer.  I get them all set up like this with envelopes addressed and ready to write.  The folded paper towel below the pen there is just to keep my hand from getting oil on the paper while I write or to use if I need to lay my left hand on the paper to hold it down for a while--so I don't get ink on my hands.  The metal rack is where I set my laptop when I move it over to the craft/writing table.  The lazy susan is always there filled with art, craft, and writing supplies.
In the box cover by the lamp base I have seven fountain pens inked up (with Goulet Pens ink drop samples) and there's my trusty black timer in front of the lamp base.  I use all those various clips on the lamp and the box cover to hold the paper for me because I can't grip or press very long (muscle damage in my left hand/arm).  I have all kinds of little helper tools like that around.  After 20 years you are so used to them that you forget about them, you know?  And my trusty wooden blotter is there at the bottom left.  The two pen pots: one on the left holds sets of Triplus, Le Pens, and Sharpie Pens.  The pot on the right holds the gels--more variety there: Slicci, Maica, Hi-Tec C, Juice, Sarasa, Mach II, a couple more odd ones, and my annoying Waterman fountain pen that has to be stored nib up or it leaks all over inside the cap (grrr!).  Oh, and in the corner of the box cover is a stack of little paper towel rectangles I cut up to have handy if I get any nib creeping or dripping with any of my fountain pens.  Doesn't happen often (except with my Waterman), but when it does--I am prepared.  ;)
 Letter writing is what I'm going to be up to today, too.  You can see why I usually spend a few hours every day writing letters--and why it may take me a while to respond sometimes--but such fun chatting away on paper!  :)
****
Oh!  I decided what I am ordering myself for my birthday in March--a bunch of Dylusion sprays and Distress stains!  These old misters of mine are driving me nuts, for one thing, plus I have gotten so much more into vivid color the past couple years.  The Dylusion sprays react with water, but the Distress stains won't once they are dry.  I love stencils, but I haven't been using them because my few sprays clog up right away even after I have cleaned them and are too pale for me anymore, anyways.  Be good for surface shimmer, though.  I can hardly wait!  Color will be coming!!
****
And before you say anything--yes, I can use stencils with other media than just sprays--and I have--but I love the sprays the best.  ;)
****
Can you tell Miss Karma has had her picture taken since she was a kitten?  She heard the whir of the camera opening...
...pretended she wasn't interested in what I was doing with some carpet sniffing. 
I stayed really still and didn't make a sound inbetween clicks...so Karma had to roll over even though she was so tired her eyes were closed the whole time--LOL!
She finally had to peek at me.  
More pictures?
Are you done yet? 
We've got 20 to 30 below wind chill warnings out again today. 
****
I just had a huge box pop up that told me "you have logged out from another location".  WTH!!??  Asked me if I wanted to log back in?  I just closed the box.  Now maybe I will have trouble posting this.  Blogger drives me crazy sometimes. 
****
Oh, and all of a sudden yesterday--when I went to watch some of the youtubers I follow half of their video screen would be hidden underneath the wide information bar on the left--or there would be white space to the right and you had to scroll down because the video screen had popped down below the side bar.  Weird!  Not everyone's channel--yet--but who knows what they're up to now!  Some were just the same as they always were, but several of them were all messed up so you couldn't watch them.  Half a screen?  Not good.  Seems like they are always changing things--that don't appear to be broken, you know?  Has anyone else noticed this half-covered screen issue?
****
Well, time to get moving.  The letters are still waiting for me at the table.  The sun is shining.  I have enough gourds and pumpkins.  ;)  
It's a good day. 
****
"Do not be small minded. Do not pray for gourds and pumpkins from God, when you should be asking for pure love and pure knowledge to dawn within every heart."
Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like karma's sun puddle. :)

Furry Bottoms said...

If you have a mac or an apple product, they did have a huge breach of security over the last weekend. Make sure your passwords ALL have been changed to be safe. It was a shocker because apple is supposed to have the best security there is, but this happened, and they did not let their customers know. It is supposedly fixed now. To be on the safe side, maybe have Dagan check it out?

Krisha said...

Real hand written letters? How very special in this day and age to get one HAND written.
I feel the way Karma looks, so sleepy. Was up at 4 AM to get ready to take DH to hospital for an endoscopy on his stomach.
Home now, and he's napping and I'm cup hopping....LOL but it just might be time for a little nappy too.

Beth said...

I love hand written letters and I rarely get one! You are such a lady!!!

creatorme said...

Wow your desk is so organized. Hand written?! How rare is that nowadays! I really admired that. I am ashamed to write anything by hand.
Pretty Ms Karma! I guess you can use her to stay warm. :)
Happy T-day!

Nancy said...

good for you, actually writing letters--getting to be a forgotten art :)
You're like me--I always get myself something for birthdays...or any occasion :) Love the cat!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Such a wide variety of pens to use with letter writing. There's nothing like a personalized letter in the mail, is there? Such a day-brightener.

Sounds like you're getting hit with some frigidly cold windchills also there. Supposedly spring is going to be here in less than a month. Can you believe it?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

One of the lost arts seems to be handwritten letters these days. My hands simply can't hold on to a pen for very long, so I'm super glad I have a computer and printer.

Poor Karma. At least she sits still for you, while Bleubeard runs and hides as soon as I bring out the camera.

It's supposed to get sub freezing tonight and tomorrow, with even worse weather coming over the weekend. And we are supposed to get the dreaded S word, too.

Thanks for sharing your time, pens, and spray plans with us this T(ea) Tuesday.

Janie Junebug said...

I wrote letters today, too, and you know someone who will receive one of them. Please remind me: What day in March is your birthday? Willy Dunne Wooters might not forgive me if I let your birthday go by unrecognized. Your desk is so beautifully organized. I try to make my office supplies shelves look that good, but they just doesn't. I needed a brightly colored paper clip today and it took me half an hour to find the container. I thought I put it with the other office supplies, but I couldn't see it -- this clear plastic container with hundreds of paper clips in at least six colors. So I searched the closets and here there and everywhere. They were behind another container on the office supplies shelves. Arrrrrrgh.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

I love cards, but the writing part isn't my favorite...

:/

AliceKay said...

I hope you had a good letter writing day. Certainly was a day to stay inside with those cold temps outside. (brrrrrr)

Looks like Karma found a nice warm spot.

Anonymous said...

Ah - sweet Karma enjoying the sunshine!

Jenny Woolf said...

I love sprays and stencils too. Reading your post made me remember how long it is since I have used them. I don't have time for craft these days, I need to make some time for it.

What a lovely quote at the end of your post. I will remember that today.

Zue said...

Good for you! Letter writing is fast becoming a lost art!
Xxxx

Zue said...

That has already been said. But I think so many of us fear the death knell of the hand-written.
Xxxx

Craftymoose Crafts said...

You are wonderfully organized! It is sad that letter writing by hand is such a lost art--today's young people have never experienced the personal quality or romance of a hand written letter. I applaud you.

Karma sure knows how to pose for a pretty photo--just look at her crisp shadow!

Divers and Sundry said...

my husband is a great believer in the hand-written note, and he loves fountain pens. i'll have to ask him if he has any of the ones in your picture :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I have a thing for pens and notebooks I don't know why I always want to buy them even when I don't need them. As usual Karma is so damn cute

Denise Price said...

I hope you had fun writing letters yesterday. Snail mail is so much more personal and eye-catching than e-mail. I didn't make it around to everyone's blog yesterday, so instead of Happy T Day, I'll wish you a happy Wednesday!

Darla said...

Here it is Thurs. and I'm just getting around to Tues. posts. You really have a great set up for letter writing. I always have to search here and there for supplies.

Karma knows the camera, little diva.

Darla

Vicki Miller said...

Cats are funny and knowing sometimes, aren't they? Handwritten letters! I think the recipients should cherish them!

voodoo vixen said...

Apologies for my late arrival at your desk, life got in the way so here I am... had to laugh at the rug scenario and hope that Karma is feeling heaps better. I used to letter write... loved doing it and getting letters in response, but then the computer took over my life and I don't think I could actually write for any length of time now!

Intense Guy said...

I need to write a certain someone a letter. I got a postcard and business card to include (I just liked the design of it, and thought the certain other person, being artistic, would too).

:)