Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Tuesday-9am

Hello!  Hello!
First of all, I want to introduce you to my grandson.
He's only been around for four months, so it will be another five months until he leaves his comfy first home.  Dagan and Leah are not going to pick a final name until after they meet him.  (And because you're never 100% sure, they'll pick out a girl's name, too.)  Seeing pictures and knowing they have heard the heart beat--makes it all more real!  :) :)
****  
Okay--I am giggling because I really don't like to drink tea in the morning.  I vastly prefer my coffee, of course.  When I do drink tea I tend to like it later in the day or in the evening--so I thought that I'd have some tea last night for the T Stands For Tuesday today, right?  Then I forgot to take a picture--LOL!  But this is what I had.  One of my favorite teabag teas--Tazo Calm.  :)  So, hi to everybody from T-Day!
It's twelve below on this sunny morning. 
We've had a bit of snow this winter.  As you can see it's piled high in front of the cars by the garages... 
...and the big snowpile between the garages is almost as high as the roof peaks despite the kids sliding down it all the time. 
Guess who's birthday it is tomorrow?  
She'll be nine years old...
...and Tori's critters sent Karma a birthday present from England!  More of her favorite treats in the cat's head containers!  Thanks Tori!!  Karma's not spoiled or anything.  You think?  LOL! 
While I watched (and chuckled to) a recording of a long streaming video of Patti Parish's on youtube...I finally finished cutting up the fringe I removed from the old bedspread.   
I can't remember who suggested using this as stuffing for a baby toy (sorry)...but now I am thinking of snooping around online for patterns--LOL!  Not sure I'm ready to tackle something that complicated.  (Because I would prefer to make a long-limbed rabbit with long floppy ears--at least, that is what I saw in my head right away.)  Sounds too difficult for somebody who hasn't sewn much for almost 30 years and whose old machine has been a bit dodgy lately, right?  LOL!  We'll see.  If nothing else--this could make interesting handmade paper one day.  ;)
**** 
I decided to stop taking my melatonin (last Weds) for a while.  I realize that with the fibro I do have chronic fatigue and fibro-fog brain...but I have been wondering if the melatonin is adding to those issues and making it even harder for me to push myself to do extra things besides the daily duties, you know?  
****
Melatonin morphed me into this day person for the past two years.  All my life I have been a night person--most alert and got the most done from late afternoon till the middle of the night...even since fibro entered the picture.  Nowadays, I am pretty useless even by afternoon!  And then I noticed that this last year or so I haven't even been using my timers hardly at all.  Used to be I had to use them to prevent myself from overdoing and setting off the angry fibro, right?  And it used to annoy the heck out of me when the timer went off because I wanted to keep going--was in the zone, you know?  I so rarely make it to an hour anymore that I haven't needed to use the timers very often at all.  ???
****
So, I wanted to know.  Is the melatonin adding to the exhaustion and foggy-brain by keeping me tired all the time?  Or is it just the fibro (and now sciatica) being more of a (quite literal) pain?  Can I stay basically on days without the melatonin out of new habit?  Will I feel the same?  Will I feel clearer and have a little more energy?  
****
So far?  I have stayed on days...and maybe (knock on wood) seem to feel a little more clear-headed and am a little more motivated??  Been puttering a bit more--like addressed birthday card envelopes for the whole year, things like that.  So, we'll see.  Keep your fingers crossed.  ;)
****
Anyways, that's it for today, folks!  I have some fun things to show you coming in my February orders.  Well, fun to me, anyways--LOL!  Happy Tuesday!!  :):)
****
"The winds of grace blow all the time. 
All we need to do is set our sails."
Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa

27 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Karma!!!!

And Happy 4 month anniversary of "live beginning" to the ultrasound dude!!!

:)

Sherry Ellis said...

The picture of your grandson is so adorable! I bet you can't wait to meet him in person.

That is one huge pile of snow! The people in Atlanta would completely freak if they had that much snow!

TexWisGirl said...

glad all is well with the baby. :) and happy birthday to miss karma!!!

good luck with the meds - or absence of...

Deb J. in Utah said...

Congratulations on your new grandson. That is truly wonderful news! Have a great day and do stay warm.

Halle said...

Those ultrasound pictures are so fun. I cherish ours from both kiddos. Seeing their little profile is so neat.
Stay warm...another blast is coming.
Happy Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Hope you read my take on word verification. I saw your post last week, and made a point of expanding on it this week.

Oh wow. I've only had TAZO tea once, and I love it. Never had "calm," but I know there are many blends.

It's snowing here, now and has been since last night. They forecast 9-12 inches, with more coming late Wednesday, early Thursday, then more on Saturday. I'm sick of this weather. I bet you and Karma are, too.

Happy birthday to Karma tomorrow. Looks like you have a few treats for her, thanks to internet friends. One year I bought Bleubeard five new collars. I kept giving them to him in his stocking every year until they were all used. That's the nice thing about cats. They simply don't remember (grin).

Thanks for sharing your snow, Karma's birthday, and T(ea) today.

Far Side of Fifty said...

A Grandson!! Congratulations! Now you can think blue!
Happy Birthday to your Karma...hope you are staying warm:)

Darla said...

How exciting to have a baby on the way. In my experience, time is going to go slow waiting and then fly by once the baby arrives. Happy Birthday to Karma.

Darla

Mersad said...

So happy for you. Congratulations. I wish you and your family all the best!

Mersad
Mersad Donko Photography

AliceKay said...

Baby Boy McGregor is looking quite charming. Look at his little nose. :) I love looking at these ultrasound pics. So sweet. :)

We're supposed to get 10 to 14 inches of snow (the heavy wet kind) starting around midnight tonight and throughout tomorrow. I have to be to work before 8AM tomorrow, so I'll have to hitch a ride with Terri in his 4-wheel drive pickup truck.

Happy Birthday, Karma! Enjoy those treats. (Tori is a good friend)

I hope removing the melatonin from your body helps with the fatigue and tiredness you've been feeling, but I also hope you'll still be able to get the sleep you need when you need it. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Are you sleeping well at night? Happy Birthday Karma.

GrandmaG said...

It's so exciting to see those first baby pics!

Best of luck staying off melatonin. You may be onto something. I look forward to your updates.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

The "first photo" is always so exciting! Congrats! We've been getting a lot of snow with two more storms on the way--something you are probably more used to than we are.

A big Happy Birthday to Karma tomorrow!

Serena Lewis said...

Screech....a pic of your Grandson!!! So exciting!!!

I'm going to cut coffee out of my life again so I've started having, CARO, a coffee substitute first thing in the morning. I would prefer a green tea but I always feel a little nauseous if I have green tea on an empty stomach. SO, I drink green tea for the rest of the day. Must look out for Tazo Calm here. I also like other teas but it's green tea mostly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KARMA!!! Such a sweetie and I'm so glad you have each other. She's gonna love what Tori sent. :)

It will be interesting to see if stopping the melatonin makes a difference.

Have a lovely week ~ xo

Janie Junebug said...

Aw, the very first baby picture. That's so cool. Happy Birthday, Karma, from Franklin and me. Harper says you look like a stuffed animal that should be tossed in the air, so he doesn't wish you a happy birthday.

Love,
Janie

Denise Price said...

Your grand baby's ultrasound picture turned out great! Happy T Day and Happy B-day to Karma!

Shelly said...

I can already tell he's going to be a handsome little grandson! And Happy Birthday to sweet Miss Karma!

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Karma!

ChicagoLady said...

Congratulations on the grandchild!

Carol said...

I really do like snow but am getting so tired of it this year. I must be getting too old to deal with it any more :) I tried going off the melatonin and ending up going back on it. I just can't sleep at night with out it and my daytime fatigue is worse if I can't sleep at night.
Happy Birthday to Karma!!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I love that the ultrasounds they do now days are so clear and you can really see the baby, when I had them done when I was expecting my girls they were not so clear and you had to guess where the baby was.

VonnyK said...

Goodness me, I go offline for a while and when I come back you've gained an almost grandson. A huge congratulations to you all, such fabulous news. Happy birthday to Karma. I love my coffee too but like you I enjoy a tea late in the day. I'm an Earl Grey tea girl myself. I hope that leaving off the melatonin does help you. I couldn't believe all that snow piled up and when you said the temperature, brr, not for me. I hope the sun stays out for you. Thanks so much for my Christmas card it's beautiful, sorry to be late but I've been settling mum and dad into the retirement home and going over every day. I've got all their care organised now. Take care.
Have a great day.
Luv Von.

Dianne said...

Congrats on the grandbaby on-the-way. that's exciting! hope we get signs of Spring soon...the snow is getting to me! I find that winter is hard for me because of so much less sunshine, and I believe it affects our mood...sad and low energy, and all I want to do is eat. not good. hope you will talk to your doctor about the melatonin next time you are in for a check-up. I have low thyroid, and some days it's just hard to get motivated to do much of anything.except art, that is. so I can identify...thanks for stopping by my blog! hope you are feeling clearer soon!

Anonymous said...

A grandson! Congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Hello Grandson! I look forward to meeting you in a few months!

Happy Birthday Miss Karma, and my hubby thinks our Max is the most spoiled kitty in the world! Oh who am I kidding, he's pretty darn spoiled! Love the kitty cat shaped treats!

Addressed Birthday Cards for the year?!?! You are an amazing person! Today is my hubby's birthday, he got an ecard from me. (it was the best I could do considering)

Stay warm and I hope getting off the Melatonin makes you feel better, and you can still sleep well.

Thinking of you....wendy

sorry i don't comment as much as I'd like, but I do read your posts in my email. Most of them anyway, some times...well you know how it is with me. Thank you for supporting me and always cheering me on!

WordsPoeticallyWorth said...

Good luck with the pregnancy of your grandchild.

Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

andi filante said...

YAY GRANDBABY!!!! And Happy Birthday Karma!!!!

-andi