Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tuesday-3:15pm

This is me trying to watch the movie last night. Karma wanted to cuddle. When I say she sits on me--she sits on me! hehe! Right on my chest. I have to look over her back and try not to get stray cat hairs in my mouth or up my nose--hehe!

If I quit petting or scratching her she bends her head way back to try to get my attention. If that doesn't work she'll "talk" to me about her neglect.

We were watching Stranger Than Fiction--and I loved it! The writer in me was fascinated, of course, but you kept wondering how they were going to end the movie!?

As a novelist (Emma Thompson) struggles with how to kill off her main character, IRS auditor Harold Crick (Will Ferrell) begins hearing her narration in his head and realizes he must prevent his own death. Crick's world turns upside down, and it's a life-or-death situation as he tries to persuade best-selling author Kay Eiffel to change the ending of her novel. Maggie Gyllenhaal, Dustin Hoffman and Queen Latifah lead the fine supporting cast.

Will Ferrell was so good in this--but it was not like anything else he's done. He was very restrained, subdued, and gave a very thoughtful performance. The commercials show him yelling at "the narrator"--but he only does that a couple times in the movie--raise his voice. If people were expecting a usual Will Ferrell performance they might be disappointed, I suppose--but I really liked him in this. I think there is much more potential in him as an actor. I am always glad to see actors break out of the restraints of the expected. Emma Thompson is always good--this was a quite darker character for her than I have normally seen. I always love Dustin Hoffman! Everybody was good! I thought the movie was quite charming and entertaining. And it had you wondering up until the very end what was actually going to happen.

It was 46 degrees yesterday! All the snow is melting and there are puddles everywhere. I heard that it was 80 degrees in South Dakota?? Such crazy weather! But it sure is nice. Gives you Spring Fever!! :) I know you are loving it, Mary Lou!! hehe!

No comments: