Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Wednesday-3:30pm

Quick post today. Dagan and Leah are coming over after work. I am making spaghetti for dinner. Leah and I will be crafting. Dagan may or may not stick around. We might all watch a movie together while Leah and I craft, but who knows?

Funny thing--I already thawed out the hamburger and then realized that I had given away all my pasta back when I had given up wheat--chuckle! I had used up the gluten free pasta I bought and it was so bad that I hadn't ever gotten any more--hehe! Therefore, I didn't even have any of that odd textured pasta, either. So, I had to ask them to stop and pick up some spaghetti noodles on the way over. Leah said she would stop. I thought it was funny anyways. And a surprisingly long time since I made anything with pasta in it! :)

Watched Babel last night. Was a very dark weaving together of lives from different parts of the world--with a dash of love thrown in, I guess.

When an American couple (Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett) vacationing in Morocco fall victim to a random act of violence, a series of events unfolds across four countries that demonstrates both the necessity and impossibility of human communication. Director Alejandro González Iñárritu artfully weaves together three seemingly disparate stories of strangers in strange lands in this Oscar nominee for Best Picture and Golden Globe winner for Best Drama.

It was well done and the acting was excellent, but it was such a negative movie--in my opinion, anyways. Even though there were hints that people could not be as lonely as they had been--the general feeling of the film was forlorn and hopeless. Maybe other people wouldn't see it that way--but that is how it left me feeling.

Anyways, that's it--bye for now...

No comments: