Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday-10am

I haven't gotten very far on these cards I started. Maybe I might finish them up this weekend? I plan to use the Cuttlebug and my new Stamp-A-Ma-Jig.
Karma caught the rays...
...the last couple mornings. :)
Quick hello. Sunny morning again. Supposed to get up to 60 degrees today! I may end up reading on the porch all day and getting nothing done again--hehe!
****
I have the strangest dreams sometimes. At least it wasn't a pain dream this morning.
****
I was a man..standing in a noisy factory where the new thing was that they made the parts for picture frames that they could more or less tap together...knowing they commonly whipped up table and chair parts...and even mass produced bureaus and sideboards...standing in the wood dust on a factory floor...and talking to someone about the coming lost art of the woodwrights...and being so sad.
****
But--turns out--the art has not been totally lost. So many of those practical arts are still around on the fringes of society to this day. That's a good thing. Always been drawn to them. Hope we never lose them. I've always had the feeling we will need them one day.
****
Have a really nice weekend! :):)

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope you're having a nice day today. It's sunny here, but it's back to more normal temps for us...60 with a brisk wind. I'm sure the 80s are gone for another couple of of months.

Celticspirit said...

That may have been a past life dream. I've had many of them that seemed so real.
I think your blog is my favorite one to read cause I love all the crafty stuff on it, the pictures of Karma and the every day stuff you write about.
Have a great day!

Rita said...

AliceKay,
Was a beautiful day in the low 60s yesterday. Been so nice recently I just can't stand it--hehe! :):)

Rita said...

Hi Barbara!
I have always had them now and again. Little snippets of time that are so real--sight, smell, touch, sounds, feelings. Like peeking into a moment in time where you know a few things about the recent past and the near future. Hard to explain. Sounds like you have them, too.

I also have what I call time-jumping dreams. For example--I'm in a current time dream where I'm in a car and suddenly I am on a horse-driven wagon instead. They're kind of strange, but not scary or anything. Interesting. :)

Thanks so much! I am honored that you favor my blog! I love reading yours for the same reasons--you just are you and talk about whatever is going on in your life with Russell. I am glad to know you stop by. :):)

Intense Guy said...

Odd dream... Perhaps Khama is trying to "channel" something to you?

I had a couple odd dreams this weekend myself... or maybe its just a reaction to the allergy meds... Oh snap.. I'm not taking any allergey meds.

Rita said...

Hi Iggy!
Karma probably thinks she was a human in her most recent past life--ROFL! Must be the weekend for odd dreams, eh? I have them quite often, actually. Ever since I can remember I have had dreams about places I've never been and people I don't know and other time periods. Active imagination? I wish I had that much imagination when I was awake--hehe! I can't even write fiction--ROFL!! ;)