Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday-11am

When it is gray and windy and rainy neither Karma or I have much ambition. :)
****
Funny--I have kept a scratch pad and pen next to my bed for years and years--close by for those things to remember for tomorrow as you are drifting off, solutions or ideas that pop up in the night, etc. Well, in the middle of the night I wrote down "wainwright". No idea why or what it was. Skilled at waining? What the heck did wain mean? I mean--woodwright I know well. They even have a show on PBS that I love about how to build before nails.
****
It wasn't something that popped up right away on google. (I had no idea it was such a popular last name--hehe!) But I finally found it! They were the people who knew how to build and repair wagons. I bet they were invaluable to the pioneers! There were also wheelwrights and plowwrights. Which got me to thinking how a partnership between a woodwright and a metalsmith would have been the most awesome thing back then. They did have wheels with a metal bar around the outside--olden day steel-belted radial--hehe! And a plow was the combination of wood and metal, too, back then, I believe. I wonder if they ever had people who knew both skills?
****
Anyways, I think maybe life is more interesting lately while I am sleeping than while I am awake--ROFL! :):)
****
It is a very windy day again. Raining. 50 degrees right now. Caroline is coming today. I got an email from Leah that something came up for Wednesday so they'll stop by tonight for a little bit with milk. (Leah offered to pick me up organic milk every couple weeks or so at Target because it is way cheaper than from CashWise--and I just pay her every month.)
****
The wind is howling and whistling. The building is cracking and creaking. Children are running in the hallway--anxious to get home where it is warm, it sounds like. :)
****
May home always be a comfort. :):)

10 comments:

Celticspirit said...

Good idea on writing down the dreams. That is something I need to do as I have the strangest dreams sometimes. Right now I'm listening to Denise Lin on Hayhouse radio and she's talking about dreams. Interesting stuff!

Intense Guy said...

That is a nice shot of Karma... so alert and curious.

Maybe you were dreaming of being a pioneer - is this a variation of the last dream you mentioned?

Or perhaps you are mentally digesting The Pillars of the Earth or one of Ken Follett other books?

Rita said...

Hi Barbara,
Years ago I was really good for a year or two about writing my dreams down and kept a steno notebook by the bed. Maybe I should start doing that again. I should find them and read them! Now that would be a hoot! If I don't write them down I forget them or only remember small parts of them.

I have no clue if they have Hayhouse radio up here or where to find it. I suppose if I googled it....:)

Rita said...

Hi Iggy,
Karma often has that look when she watches me--wondering what I am up to.

Apparently I may have been visiting that time period for a few nights--hehe! Feels like pioneer time to me this time, not cathedral building times...even tho they both would have had those occupations.

Flashes of other dreams may be why I am so fascinated by the Pillar books. Between 15-17 years ago I had a whole slew of them about living in the mid-1500s in France and a lot of the people I know today were there. They came and went...but changed the way I looked at things since then. What goes around comes around and there are threads that weave their way into your soul. Enlightening! :):):)

akartisan said...

you may have gotten it from me. I just returned fro being in Wainwright, AK for a week. It's way at the top edge of the state by Barrow, AK. maybe you remembered it from my fb post. Wainwright was a pilot and that's who the village is named after.

I dreamed of picking fruit off trees and raising a garden, so who knows?

Sometimes my dreams are so strong that I'm not sure I'm awake when I wake up - it's like I left one world for another.

Jenifleur-de-lis said...

That is a great shot of Karma! A good one to frame! Your dreams have been way cool lately. You've had some interesting past lives, Rita. I got chills when you said you wrote that down and then found out what it referred to on google. Woah! :)

Rita said...

Hi Sue,
That's funny! Wainwright! I knew this was a job/work, tho, and seem to be stuck in the pioneer days--hehe!

I know exactly what you mean! You wake up and are totally disoriented because the dream was so real. Certain dreams are like real life--elsewhere--hehe! :)

Rita said...

Hi Jennifer,
Ya! I knew it was an occupation but had no idea what it was. Kind of cool! I didn't remember anything other than it was pioneer days again--hehe!

Yup! You have heard a lot about France and other GA and Dagan related lives. Oh--and the arm explanation...and yet I can't write fiction without it being like 90% true--ha! :):)

Serena Lewis said...

How interesting! Maybe my post about Little House on the Prairie stirred a past life within you? They certainly had Wainwrights back in those days.

Rita said...

Hi Serena,
So funny! Wainwright, Alaska...and your Little House on the Prairie...maybe these triggered my trip back in time--ROFL!

Triggers can set off interesting dreams, that's for sure. I have certainly had that happen many times. I hadn't been remembering dreams (other than the pain dreams) for some time. Nice to have something else popping in. ;)