Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wednesday-1:30pm

It was soooo windy yesterday! Got warm, too--69 degrees! Heat rises, third floor--had to have the some air in here. So--all day the door would rattle like somebody had the handle and was shaking the door for all they were worth.

When the wind is just the perfect direction it beats the dryer flap against the building. Loud and pounding...it startled Caroline whose never heard it before.
****
As the evening progressed the wind seemed to actually pick up. It whistled, roared, and actually shook the floor several times. At times it almost sounded like thunder.
****
Karma was on edge all day.
****
The rattling, shaking, whistling, pounding, and banging kept me up until the wind died down around 3am. But after that...I slept really well and long. Ahhh!
****
The wind has died down. The sun has returned. Deep blue sky with scattered fluffy white clouds. Might hit 70! Today...I can sit on the porch and read--tada! Adios amigos!! :):)

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

I'm glad the wind died down so you could get some sleep. It's nice and sunny here again today with temps in the mid 60s.

Rita said...

Hi AliceKay!
Sounds like we are having similar days today! 60s and sunny! Gorgeous! Gorgeous day! :) :)

Intense Guy said...

Karma is gonna be all over Leah to go to the management to complain about that flapping dryer flap thingy.

I hope the rattling, shaking, whistling, pounding, and banging have stopped and you and Karma can snooooze blissfully.

Serena Lewis said...

Glad the wind died down....noises like that can irritate me like a dripping tap.

Rita said...

Hi Iggy,
Karma would have put in a lot of complaints yesterday--if she could she would have sued North Dakota for the wind--ROFL!! She's been crashed out most of the day today. Yesterday she didn't get in her 20 hours of sleep, poor thing. ;)

Rita said...

Hi Serena,
If any of the various noises had been steady and consistent, I could probably have slept thru it. I can actually sleep thru steady drippy faucets. Remember vinyl records...I slept while a record with a skip was playing on repeat--took a lot of flak for that one--ROFL! Took me years to even hear alarm clocks. I even had one for years that was a bird chirping that I'd have set on really loud so it would annoy me awake. But when the sound is erratic--ARGGG!!! Drives me crazy! That's why I can't sleep thru party noise, either. Too irregular. Now--if they played the same song on repeat....;)