Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Tuesday-8am

Miss Karma is not impressed by any of my human delights. She finds excess human energy to be rather annoying.
My order from http://www.stampingscrapping.com arrived yesterday! So exciting!! The Ciao Copic Marker Set, some ScorTape, Small Spellbinder Rectangles for the Cuttlebug, black Momento inkpad and reinker, and some smooth paper to use with the copic markers (white and cream).
Since it was below zero and UPS came late in the day, I haven't tried them yet. Had to wait for them to thaw...you can see the frost on the container.
After the box warmed up a bit I took a shot of all the colors from the top. Lots to play with and techniques to learn. :)
Speaking of learning...
The first couple days I was doing the SC sessions before I went to bed. Not the best time for me--hehe! I was either dozing off or ended up all energized and up till 3am--or both! So yesterday I switched to mornings. Much, much better. :):) I think I need to be doing the sessions during the daytime hours--or when I am wide awake, put it that way. (Which can sometimes be at night--hehe!) BTW--I am just starting to get some of the tingly, zappy stuff. :)
****
As you may have noticed in the background in the photos above, I have not put everything away yet off the table since New Year's Eve. I'll have to do that today because Dagan and Leah plan to come over tonight. Leah is going to cut my hair and we are going to do Sacred Circle after dinner.
****
Then, after tonight, we plan to meet every other week over the winter--and mostly focus on spiritual stuff instead of craft stuff. Leah does want to work on making some more cat toys, tho, sometime soon. :)
****
I have my monthly CashWise grocery delivery coming this afternoon, the Federal Housing apartment annual inspection tomorrow, and the annual meeting with my Federal Housing lady on Thursday. Dagan and Leah are going to shovel by my garage door tonight. There was a "get out of the parking lot by 9am Wednesday so we can plow" notice put up last night. But I should be able to back over any snow they push back in front of my garage. ;)
****
Been taking it pretty easy. Still feeling pretty decent. It really physically feels almost like I jumped back 8 years to how I felt when I had to switch colleges so I could continue part time (couldn't get funding to go part time at Concordia and had to switch to the public college-MSUM). Back to when I was more semi-functional--ROFL! ;)
****
True--I already couldn't work & go to school, was having a difficult time making it to classes and getting homework done--but with people letting me know what the homework assignments were when I missed and teachers allowing me many more missed days than "legal" because I still had good grades and they knew I wasn't playing hooky...I was still able to push thru for another two years. Granted--I went steadily downhill--and then the third year at MSUM was a total disaster--never completed one single class--even going part time--but I feel right now more like I did when I was over at MSUM. Okay--I know I'm still worse. I'm not doing all the things I was doing back then. Sitting in classrooms, riding the buses, doing homework for hours...I'm just saying that with what little I do do here...I am doing more than I was and am not as painfully sore afterwards. And it is wonderful!!! And I am thinking positive. :):)
****
And there is sunshine this morning!! Whoohoo! ;)
Have a great Tuesday!!
****
"All beauty of this world is wet with the dew of tears."
Theodor Haecker

10 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

So happy you got your crafty order!! I'm still waiting for mine....no mail yet again today. I'm really losing my patience with our post office. SO LAZY!!!!!!!!!!

The Ciao markers are cheaper, so I got all of them, and have been filling in the "holes" with the sketch markers. I prefer the sketch because the number is printed on the cap, otherwise they're basically the same. So much fun!!! Enjoy!

Parsley said...

Glad to hear you are feeling some extra spring in your step.

I was thinking about Karma last night after we sent our pet sitting kitty home. Karma is so beautiful!

AliceKay said...

I'm glad you're feeling better and are able to do a little more than you've been doing without your health paying for it later. I see the look in Karma's eyes tho...she isn't at all happy about the added energy. LOL

Brrr...those markers look cold! I hope they thawed out okay. I'm sure you'll put them to good use. Have fun using them. :)

It sounds like you have a busy week this week. I hope the weather cooperates so Dagan and Leah can get to your place tonight.

Toriz said...

I'm glad you got your craft order, and hope you enjoy trying it all out! :)

Rita said...

Jeannie--I hope you get your packages with all your goodies soon!
I wanted the Ciao markers in the first place because they were round and then I found out they were a tad cheaper, too. Always a plus. ;)

Parsley--Yup! Even feeling a little bit better is a big deal for me. :):)

AliceKay--Karma doesn't like anything to interfere with her many nap times--ROFL!
Been busy with more mundane things and haven't had the time yet to play with the markers. Soon! Maybe Friday. :)

Tori--It is so much fun to get packages in the mail and having new toys to play with. :):)

Anonymous said...

OOoh love the goodies you got and I am a sucker for any kind of pen so I would have a ball with those markers you got LOL Happy crafting!!

Rita said...

Lynn--I am a pen nut, myself. Even have dip pens. :)

Toriz said...

Oh, yeah... Packages are always nice! :)

Intense Guy said...

I wonder how long it took the person that delivered the markers to thaw out!!

:)

Rita said...

Iggy--I know! You feel so badly for all the people who work outside or have to run in and out all winter up here. My CashWise delivery person looked really quite frozen when he delivered my groceries, too. Brrrrrr!!! That's why there are certain products that cannot be delivered up north in the winter. All the USPS, FedEx, and UPS trucks are freezing cold. ;)