Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday-5:45am

Still black outside.
Too early for me.  
Restless night.
Just the usual after-a-big-project body protest aftershock collapse rebound time--LOL!  ;)
****
But--it's WOYWW (What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday) over at Julia's.  I'm excited!  But it's not because there's anything going on at my art table...
...or the craft/writing table (besides working on letters)... 
...because I've been busy organizing the kitchen.  
Any creativity...
well, maybe it showed up here--LOL! 
I forgot to show you yesterday where I put my colanders.  The big yellow one (that's slyly covering up the phone jack cord) I bought my senior year (1968) from this new store (Minneapolis-can't remember which suburb) called Pier One Imports.  It even ran away to Canada with me in 1969--LOL! 
****
Anyways, yes--I am excited about finishing the kitchen and pantry, but that's not what brought tears to my eyes last night.  A boy from Cashwise Delivery showed up last night with an anonymous gift card for $150.00!!!  
****
OMG!!
****
You may recall that this happened last November, too!??
****
I never found out who the person was with such a big, generous heart.  I'm guessing that this is most likely the same person, but I'm not positive, of course.
****
Had to stop.
****
Chokes me up.
****
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you!
****
Karma doesn't understand crying and smiling at the same time.  She has rarely seen damp human displays in her lifetime.   (Stoic Swedes, you know.)  Karma will mistakenly thank me...but I will stock up on her canned food next month, too!  ;)
****
Was speechless last night...and nearly so still today.  
I do believe that all this delighted, thankful, grateful energy I am sending you knows right where to go...even if I don't.  
****
Bless you!  
****
I'll leave you all with Karma catching the last of the morning rays yesterday.
Don't tease me about the old metal cup.
It really is gone today. 
Not that it might not show up again...briefly...on occasion.  ;)
****
Happy Holidays!!
Hugging the whole world today!  :):)
****
"Great compassion is the root of all forms of worship."
The Dalai Lama

25 comments:

DJan said...

Gosh, Rita, that's simply a wonderful thing to have happen to you. I also thank that anonymous person, too, for giving ME the blowback happy vibe! :-)

Marit said...

Your post brings tears to my eyes too... I am in "rough weather" lately but your post tells me that there still ARE good people around and not everything/everyone in this world is evil and bad. THanks for reminding me! Big hug from Holland. Marit #84

Zue said...

It's great isn't it to blog every day without putting yourself under pressure?
Xxx:)

Beth said...

What a wonderful gift for you! I am so happy for you Rita!!

TexWisGirl said...

that is so very sweet! bless him or her or them...

Carol said...

How SWEET is that!?! There are still tons of GOOD people in this world and it's great that one of them has thought of you :) Enjoy your gift you deserve it ♥

Unknown said...

In love with that yellow collander.
The Craft Donkey
#91
http://craftdonkey.blogspot.com/2013/11/whats-on-my-workspace-hmmm.html

Anonymous said...

I remember that from last year--how wonderful to have it happen again!!

Claire Grantham said...

What a lovely surprise two years running. Karma looks very very relaxed. Love the yellow colander. Cx #29

Anonymous said...

Was it a blogger? Do you think?

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Isn't it wonderful that there are still generous people in the world who will do things like that for you, for some $150 is nothing for others (me included) it is oh so much and oh so appreciated.

Don't spend it all on Karma......lol

VonnyK said...

That's so wonderful and I can't think of anyone more deserving of a little sunshine than you. Make sure you treat yourself to a little something. It's so nice to see there are nice caring people around.
I adore your yellow colander and what a clever way to display the two of them. Enjoy having your kitchen just right.
Have a great week,
Von #26

Anonymous said...

Love those colanders in the kitchen.

Janie Junebug said...

That's lovely. So many people are kind and generous.

Love,
Janie

Cazzy said...

Hi Rita, thanks for popping over - I am still tidying!
Wow, how wonderful and exciting to have a mysterious benefactor, I am happy for you!
Love the colander too, the yellow one of course!

How Sooty got a mouse remains his secret, we can't imagine that he caught it and killed it, but you never know! Maybe he disturbed a cat out there, or an owl! I don't think it was long dead.We had the dead wood pigeon incident, where the dogs cornered one of the stupid birds that had gone into our small greenhouse, and my husband assumed the dogs had frightened it so it flew into the glass and broke it's neck, I am not certain, all I know is Sooty came out carrying the dead bird to bring in (he didn't get that far), and I have had to shut the dogs up and catch and save a bird on another occasion in the greenhouse!

Cazzy x

AliceKay said...

Wow, that's an awesome gift! I bet the sender knows how much it's appreciated, too. It's nice to know there are still people out there willing to help and not ask for anything in return.

Victoria said...

Yay, happy for you..how fantastic is that! Love your colanders..magical..the yellow is quite fab! And sweet Karma is gorgeous as ever! Thanks for sharing your creative realm and lovely world..wishing you a magical NOvember!
HUgs
Victoria

Jenny Woolf said...

What a fantastic surprise. Or, semi surprise, since the same thing happened last year. But that makes it even better, because it means it has happened twice. I am so glad for you.

I had not thought about Pier 1 Imports for years and years. I remember them in San francisco. I wonder if they are still going.

Darla said...

Your anon gift gave me a gift of a smile this morning. Sometimes the world can be a wonderful place.

Darla

Friko said...

That’s wonderful. There are some really kind people in this world and if anyone deserves this generosity, it’s you, dear lady.

Hilary said...

Awww I'm so glad there are people like your anonymous gift-giver in your world.

Claire Grantham said...

Rita, you swung by my blog and mentioned my cutting mat. I bought mine at home in the UK, but here it is for sale on HSN...
http://www.hsn.com/products/docrafts-xcut-knife-and-mat-set/7132386?sz=31&sf=CT0086&ac=INCCT0086&cm_mmc=Shopping%20Engine-_-PLA-_-Crafts%20and%20Sewing-_-7132386&channel=Froogle&mr:referralID=4aa0546f-5131-11e3-9f1f-001b2166becc

Cx

Intense Guy said...

I ditto what DJan,VonnyK and Alice Kay said in their comments.

:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

It couldn't happen to a nicer person! Yeah! I am thrilled for you!!! Who ever it is has a kind heart:)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I didn't know that Pier 1 had been around since the 1960s. I remember shopping there in the 1980s when I was in college and loved the store. So many intriguing things. Brought Olivia there the other day and she was completely fascinated by the things they had there.

What a wonderful gift you received! Anonymous gifts often are the ones that are most touching and meaningful...for both the recipient and giver.