Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tuesday-6:30pm

Caught back-sprawled relaxing...

On this beautiful afternoon...

Too lazy to move. :)

Dagan came by for lunch and put AdAware on both computers so I can remove cookies and such. Another beautiful day. Supposed to have a possibility of rain by midnight. Have been getting more adjusted to the supplements, I think. Better night last night and day today. Karma and I are being lazy on the porch--hehe!

Am reading The Spirit Catches You And You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and The Collision of Two Cultures by Anne Fadiman--another book of Duane's from college, I believe. Really fascinating to learn about the cultural differences, the Hmong background, and their belief systems. Human beings can think so differently! At one time in the factory where I hurt my arm we had a Hmong gentleman working there. I was the only person who seemed to be able to understand his English and wasn't afraid to ask him to repeat himself if I didn't, I guess. I shared tea with him from a tea club I was in at the time. He told me some stories about his culture. I had even scribbled a few of them down later--not sure where they are now, but I saved them--similar to what I am reading about now. He was such a nice man and so polite--respectful. I've been thinking about him off and on since I started reading this book a couple of days ago. :)

No comments: