Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday-11:15am

Was a quiet day. Karma caught up on her sleep--hehe!
I had brought in the bucket with my potting soil--back when I was looking for my old backpack in my storage area (didn't find it-probably in the garage but don't need it now). I got Karma's planter filled and planted with cat grass yesterday.
Set it out on the porch for now.
All my DVDs finally came yesterday--was a Netflix marathon over here! :)
****
Warning--Spoilers!!
****
Started season 4 of Supernatural--wow! Dean's mysteriously pulled out of hell?! (Well, we knew the show wouldn't continue without him--hehe!) Sam finally learning how to use his powers of the mind. Hints of the Apocalypse!! Devils and Angels! Which brother is the good brother? Dean backed by angels? Is that really an angel? Or a fallen angel? Wow! Excellent--as usual! :)
****
True Blood. I can't tell you how totally disappointed I was that they killed off Sookie's grandma!! She was one of the main reason's I was watching, to be honest. I just loved their relationship. And then I was also greatly disappointed that vampire Bill took advantage of Sookie's grief--not only because Sookie was a virgin, but he didn't have to bite her, too! Hummm? We'll have to see how this progresses. This jury of one is still out.
****
Last, but not least, Shutter Island:

World War II soldier-turned-U.S. marshal Teddy Daniels (Leonardo DiCaprio) investigates the disappearance of a patient from a hospital for the criminally insane, but his efforts are compromised by his own troubling visions and by Dr. Cawley (Ben Kingsley). Mark Ruffalo, Michelle Williams, Emily Mortimer and Max von Sydow co-star in director Martin Scorsese's plot twist-filled psychological thriller set on a Massachusetts island in 1954.
****
I know there was a lot of debate about the merits of this movie. Some critics really disliked it. There was a division with the movie-goers, too. I knew it was a dark movie and was prepared to either love it or hate it, I guess. Well, I loved it! It didn't take long to figure out that there was a deep psychological mystery, the main character had his own troubled history, and everything was not as it appeared to be. I don't want to ruin anything for anybody with this movie, so I won't tell anything about the plot. Just have to say that my vote went to the "loved it" side. :)
****
BTW--I forgot to mention that Dagan ordered the parts for my computer/TV system when I was over there on Tuesday night. Tada! So, I should be able to say goodbye to Cable One before the month is out! Hurray!! When I was watching the instant Netflix movies on my laptop, sometimes I'd lose my internet connection and have to wait for it to come back--annoying. The short losses have become pretty common now--I have to be really careful and copy emails before I go to send them because I may not be connected at that time and lose the email altogether. I'll be glad to be rid of Cable One, I think. I hope Idea One will be a better company. No point in dealing with Cable One in the meantime unless I totally lose service and it doesn't come back right away or within a couple hours. (They're not very successful in finding intermittent problems, anyways, in my experience.)
****
Another rainy cool day.
Might be a good day to start Pillars again? ;)
Have a good one!
****
"True friends are those who, when you make a fool of yourself, don't believe that this condition is permanent."
Erwin T. Randall

9 comments:

Toriz said...

Great quote!

Hope things are better for you with the internet when you get your new TV and internet setup.

Intense Guy said...

Shutter Island sounds like an intense movie with a potentially great cast.

Cat grass huh? Is that what the folks in Fargo call "marijuana"?

:)

Oops... I made a fool of yourself...

Serena Lewis said...

I didn't want to say anything the other day and spoil it for you but, I too, was very disappointed that they killed off the Grandma....she was so sweet. Personally, True Blood is a series that I'm not a huge fan of but, for some odd reason, it keeps me intrigued.

Anonymous said...

I was disappointed also about Sookies grandma being killed off, broke my heart...the picture of your kitty just makes ya wanna lay down beside it and cuddle up :o)

Rita said...

Toriz--I hope I can learn how to use the new system--hehe! I think I am going to love it once I get the hang of it. Dagan and Leah keep me up-to-date with the techie stuff. ;)

Iggy--If you like a movie puzzle you'd like Shutter Island--and, yes, it has some great acting! Ha! Karma acts like it is feline "grass"-she loves it like catnip. (I think our conditions may be semi-permanent. ROFL!)

Rita said...

Serena--Yes! That was just awful that they killed her! I know what you mean--you're still curious enough to want to find out what happens. :)

Lynn--The grandma-was like killing puppies or children! She was so defenseless and trusting. And ended that storyline and relationship--poof! :( I'll still watch for now.
Karma can be cuddly--but only on her terms when she feels like it--hehe! She prefers being petted and scratched--but doesn't like to be picked up. When she "decides" it is time to cuddle--she's really quite pushy about it--she lays across my chest in my chair. And she's not a lightweight--ROFL! When you are cuddled by Miss Karma, it's memorable! ;)

AliceKay said...

I hope the new computer/tv system works great for you when you get it and get it set up. There's nothing more annoying than trying to do a project on the computer and have the internet go off before you get it saved. (been there, done that)

Is there ever a day when Karma doesn't catch up on her sleep? :)

Celticspirit said...

If your front porch is so comfy then I'm going to come over and curl up with Karma and maybe then I can get some sleep. ;) I never heard of cat grass. Do cats eat it?
Stutter Island sounds good. I just may have to rent it from Netflix and maybe Supernatural too for Russell...eventually. Right now he is watching the Farscape series.
So are you getting rid of cable or switching companies? We don't have cable at this time but may in the future get satellite. I want to watch trading spaces and the other home decorating shows....and the History channel. :)

Rita said...

AliceKay--I know! So annoying to be arbitrarily cut off and lose everything--arg! Ha! Karma is a great snoozer--ROFL! :)

Barb--Yes--the cat grass is for cats to eat. I posted pictures now. I think t's just a way for indoor cats to get their grass fix--hehe!

I will be switching Internet companies. I only have the very basic 11 stations-no HGTV or History channel or any of the good stuff. Mainly need cable TV to be able to see TV clearly in this apartment. I tried rabbit ears and the reception was horrible half the time--snowy. Right now both my TV and Internet are with Cable One. After Dagan builds this system for me I will only need internet and I am switching companies. Somehow all my TV will come thru the internet? I don't understand how it all works, but they are doing this at their place. After my initial big investment I just have to pay for internet service--and I can get all my TV shows, record shows to my computer, watch the instant netflix movies on my TV, and even have the TV screen be my computer screen if I want. I think I can get anything you can find online these days and I am not sure what all else? I know Dagan was playing music thru it last night, too. I'm not even sure what else it all does, but I will have to take careful notes to figure out how to operate it, I'm sure--hehe! I know I will have to use a wireless computer keyboard with it. I'm going to be paying back Dagan and Leah for many months, but I think it is going to be worth it. Dagan said it was going to be close to $700.00 for parts. Luckily he can build this contraption for me and they let me make payments to repay them.

BTW--Supernatural has been really fascinating! When Russell has time, I think he will be glad to watch it. ;)