Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tuesday-4am

Ordered a laptop messenger bag...
...so that I can take my laptop with over to Dagan and Leah's more easily. I'll be able to have everything in just one bag and the laptop will be safe and secure. :)
On sale, of course. $59.99 dollar bag for $14.95! Awesome! I'll show you actual pictures when it arrives.
****
I did wash clothes Sunday, too. Was really done in by the time I was finished--but there's nothing like clean, crisp sheets--ahhh!
What a beautiful day yesterday, too.

But I was suddenly so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open yesterday afternoon. Thought I might just lie down for a nap and didn't get up till 9 hours later. And only up twice--whoohoo! Felt good!
****
Meanwhile, to backtrack--Leah and I have been searching for something for dry skin that is natural and works well without being really greasy. Leah heard about using coconut oil. She called me from the store, told me about it, and I had her pick me up one, too.
It looks like a white paste. Extra virgin and organic, too. :)
Liquefies on contact to a clear oil! (You wouldn't want to leave this in the sun--hehe!) I am shocked as to how it absorbs and doesn't leave your skin all greasy--and, amazingly, doesn't have a strong, lingering coconut scent. I suppose I expected it to be more like the coconut suntan oil I used decades ago--hehe! But it is not--at all. And you don't have to use much, either. I love it! So does Leah. :)
****
Supposed to rain again today (dark clouds had rolled in before I headed for my "nap") and remain cooler. Dagan and Leah wanted to switch to Wednesday this week because of the holiday and that works fine because it's not a Caroline week. ;) What will I be up to today? Not sure yet. We'll see what this rainy day brings. :):)

13 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You got a bargain! I hope your MacLappy enjoys the roadtrips!

Karma makes a pretty good speed bump when she stretches out..

So you smell like Jimmy Buffet now huh? :) Is that a toaster behind the coconut cream?

Toriz said...

I just got something natural to use for the same thing. Not coconut oil though, it's something else... A natural, lavender scented moisturizing cream. I'll let you know what it's like after I've tried it, since I haven't yet (it only arrived about an hour ago). I'll tell you what it's called properly then too.

Good call on the laptop bag... Great deal, I think! :)

akartisan said...

The coconut oil doesn't go bad and you can also eat it and cook with it. It's also good for your thyroid. I'll send you a link later with more info. I was using it to lose weight, but got sensitized to the taste. If I get the kind that's not extra virgin, it doesn't have as much taste to it, so I might go back to it. It's good for you in many, many ways.

Rita said...

Iggy--I was nervous hauling the McLap in a big loose bag flopping about and sliding out in the car--and then I still had my regular bag to carry--plus often had extra things to carry to and fro, too, because we're always sending stuff back and forth. This will be nice! Karma is often a speed bump--right in the traffic path! Yes--that is a toaster. Took that shot on the kitchen counter. :)

Toriz--Let me know what you got and if you like it. I also got a vanilla hand & body lotion by J.R.Watkins that is supposed to be pretty natural. I like that one, too, but it doesn't absorb quite as readily as the coconut oil. :)

Sue--Yes, I guess you can use it for baking, etc--looks almost like Crisco! Leah found it at the grocery store. I like that it is extra virgin and organic--but I'm not ingesting it. ;)

Toriz said...

Yeah, I'll let you know. I got a few other things from the same place, so I was going to do a post about the stuff on Saturday.

Jenifleur-de-lis said...

Woah, cool laptop bag! Where did you order it from?

I've always wondered about Coconut Oil. I may have to give this a try...espcially in the winter when I tend to have dry skin more. Thanks for sharing Rita! :)

Rita said...

Jennifer--I forgot to say--was at Amazon online. I'm hoping it's not huge since it said it was for a 14 inch laptop.

I am surprised at how nice the coconut oil is. You rub it in for a while and it is gone and not greasy. Who would have ever thunk it, eh? You can read about it online, too. People use it on their faces (supposed to be good at getting rid of blemishes?) and for cooking, etc. :)

Serena Lewis said...

I've been using Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil for my skin for ages after reading about the health benefits. A tablespoon a day ingested is also very good for you. It is the only oil that doesn't go rancid and does not turn toxic on high cooking temperatures. Btw, when the weather warms up it will turn to a clear liquid and stay that way....then you just dip your fingers in for application.

What a great deal on the bag for your laptop! It looks great too...lots of pockets to organise stuff.

Rita said...

Serena,
Isn't it funny how when you hear about something new then you hear about all these people who already knew about it--ROFL! At least everyone has had nothing but good things to say about the coconut oil. Glad I got on the bandwagon, even if I am a latecomer--hehe! ;)

AliceKay said...

The laptop bag looks like it has a lot of neat pockets and compartments, and the price was an excellent deal.

The coconut oil sounds like something nice to have around the place.

Rita said...

AliceKay--Excellent deal. I hope it is as nice as it looks.

Yup! Who would have ever thought--coconut oil. :):)

Celticspirit said...

Great looking laptop bag. I like how it has so many little compartments for all the little things you need to carry with it.
The coconut oil looks like a good moisturizer. I hear it's healthy for baking and cooking as well. :)

Rita said...

Barb--I figured it should have spots for the cell phone, camera and such--I hope they fit.

I decided to take a clean spoon and scoop some of the coconut oil into a smaller container for skin use since you can use it for cooking and baking, like you said. ;)