Monday, May 03, 2010

Monday-8:15am

Lazy day yesterday...
...for Karma. I washed clothes all day...
****
...and watched This Is It:
Rehearsal footage, backstage action and interviews comprise this moving Michael Jackson experience. He is shown here preparing for a series of 50 sold-out London shows, which were scheduled to kick off in late summer 2009. Singing his numerous hits at the Staples Center in Los Angeles during the days leading up to his untimely death, Jackson is also seen refining cues, delving into dance details and working with director Kenny Ortega.
and The Lovely Bones:
When 14-year-old Susie Salmon (Saoirse Ronan) is murdered, she watches from above as her family deals with her tragic death -- and as her killer prepares to strike again. Torn between vengeance and healing, Susie's loved ones are forever changed. Mark Wahlberg and Rachel Weisz star in Peter Jackson's adaptation of Alice Sebold's riveting, best-selling novel; Susan Sarandon and Oscar nominee Stanley Tucci co-star.
Really enjoyed both of them.
****
Was fascinating to see the behind the scenes preparation with Michael Jackson. I watched the bonus material, too. Wow! The costumes he was going to wear were truly amazing! The way he was going to combine the short films with the stage performance...you could just about visualize being at show. No matter what, he was a great innovative performer.
****
I had read The Lovely Bones several years ago and, even tho I still prefer the book, they really did a pretty good adaptation of the story. Both are worth your time. (But if you have to pick one--read the book.) It's a sad subject--young girl murdered by a neighbor. Hard to describe, but it isn't what you'd expect going in.
****
Today is the big grocery delivery day! Biggest order I have ever made, I think. Be a little tweaking in the pantry, I imagine. Lots of bags for Karma to hide in--hehe! BTW--I do save those each month and return them for recycling to the delivery person. You may have noticed my bag-o-bags on my little green cart in the pantry. :)
****
So--today I will probably watch the documentaries on how we really raise our food. That's the plan. Have a good one! :):)

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like Karma is really going to be busy today - she knew to rest up yesterday! :)

MJ was the consumate entertainer.

Rita said...

Hi Iggy--I love tossing the empty bags on her--hehe! She usually ends up sitting by the door and I cover her with bags. :)

MJ was involved in every single aspect and rehearsed and rehearsed. It was really an interesting documentary pieced together with what they had and interviews, etc. I think you learned a lot more about him tan from just watching a finished performance. :)

akartisan said...

I have "This is It", just haven't made time to watch it yet. He was truly gifted as a dancer and a musician and was one of my favorites.

Rita said...

Sue--I was always disappointed that he changed his looks so much. He was a handsome young man. So talented! Email me and tell me how you like it. :)

AliceKay said...

I'd like to see "This Is It" sometime. I thought Michael Jackson was a gifted artist and great performer. It's just too bad there were so many problems in his personal life.

I hope the big grocery day went well and you found a place for everything you ordered. Karma must be in heaven with all of those bags. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, The Lovely Bones. It made me cry and cry and cry! I'm scared to see the movie because of it!

Rita said...

Hi AliceKay,
I agree with you about Michael Jackson--gifted, but troubled. Yes-Karma loved the bags and it did take me a while to find a place for everything. Sorry it has taken me so long to get to my blog comments this last week. :):)

Rita said...

Hi cinnamontoastsquirrel,
They didn't actually show anything the man actually did to the girl at the time--more before and after. And they never showed her body or anything. Not that it wasn't graphic enough, but it could have been a lot worse. It is still a sad subject. I think the book was better, in my opinion, but they did an okay job. :)