Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday-4:45am

Karma stayed out on the porch watching the screen flap in the wind (no bugs), but it got too hot for even my heat lovin' cat, I guess. She didn't ask to go out the rest of the day. Got up to 94 I saw once. Didn't watch the news, so I don't know if it got any higher. Didn't want to know! We stayed inside and cool. Even closed the blinds because the heat seemed to seep right thru the windows!
****
I looked for a while for a language translator to add to my blogs. Thought google had one, but when I clicked on the google affiliate translator program it appeared to be for me to translate a page to English? I did find a search box gadget--which I added, even tho I don't know if it works if you don't use the label words on your posts? Haven't tried it yet. And I also added something for subscribing? No clue what it is or how those feeds work, but I see them on other people's blogs. So I figured for the people who are more computer savvy than myself--I added that, too. :) Still looking for a language translator, tho. If anybody knows of a good one and can point me in the right direction...or can explain how to add the google affiliate one to a blog...I'd really appreciate a head's up. ;)
****
Spent my good hours catching up online again yesterday. Actually caught up there for a moment--ROFL! Karma wanted an extra, extra long cuddle session yesterday--like she knew. A big old purring cat falling asleep on me--now that's food for my soul! :):)
****
Sometime today I am going to go visit with Sammy and Annie. The cold front moved in. 60 degrees right now--very humid. Looks like it rained while I was sleeping. (I made it to 6:30pm last night--whoohoo! Around the clock we go!). Only expected to be in the 70s today--ahh! Especially nice for me as PitaPaseo has no AC. The heater works, tho, and up here that's what's important 9 months of the year. ;) Might be a good day to wash clothes...
****
Anyways, I hope you had a great day and another one today for good measure! :):)

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

It was hot and sunny here today. Lots of blue sky and sunshine. (we really do need rain to dampen down the pollen and road dust tho) I drove out to my daughter's house today to keep her and my grandson company (via several different detour roads out and back) and I took lots and lots of pictures of lots of different things. Will be posting them in my blog from time to time...when I find time.

I hope you had a good day today and were able to get some sleep. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

I bet Karma is making sure Annie and Sammy don't horn in on HER human... :)

Intense Guy said...

P.s., I don't know anything about the language translator thingie... I'd try to help if I did - but I'm clueless here. :)

Rita said...

AliceKay--It's been so nice to have it cooler up here since Sunday. Ahhh! And we got some light rain, too. Everything is fresh and green. :)

Iggy--I wonder where she thinks I disappear to when I leave? Into the CatTV? hehe!

Dagan and Leah are going to try to tackle the language translator for me. I am really surprised that it isn't in with the blogger gadgets...humph!

Toriz said...

Hope you get the language translator thing figured out.

I guess Karma wanted to remind you that you are her human? Or, perhaps she was just feeling soppy?

akartisan said...

I downloaded the google translator for my computer because I have a turkish marbling friend on facebook. It took me a bit to get it to work on turkish because it kept wanting to translate english at first. I'm not sure about how to set it for blogs though. I went to the help menu to figure it out after I downloaded it. Don't know if this helps you any or not.

Rita said...

Toriz--I hope so, too. I'm hoping Dagan and Leah can figure it out for me. Soppy--that's a great descriptive word. I'm guessing at the meaning and think I feel soppy a lot of the time--ROFL!

Sue--the translator they have on google/blogger is for picking a specific language--like you're talking about--and it is for you to translate a web page. Not what I'm looking for. I have seen this translator on other sites, but can't figure out how to even click on theirs and figure out how to get it on my blog. You can click on this translator and a menu pops up for many, many languages and you pick the one you want that blog translated to--so my blog can be translated by multiple other people--anybody. You'd think blogger would already have a gadget like that. We'll keep trying to figure it out. I am confident that we can find it and get it installed on my blogs. I follow a Norwegian lady's craft blog and she has one. So I know it can be done. Where there's a will there's a way. ;)