Wednesday, April 18, 2018


First of all, Dagan's surgeries went well!! 
The were running way behind with the surgicals yesterday.  Must have been some emergencies or something.  (Someone always has it worse, right?)  Was texting with Leah and Dagan's didn't start till almost 3pm.  He was done around 5:30pm and a couple hours later they were back at the hotel!  The boys were very good--for all those hours!  Leah's youngest sister, Ariel, came to help with the boys while they waited during surgery.  All went well.  I was tickled to get a Google Hangout call last night!  :)  Ian showed me the stuffed cat toy he got at Ikea...named Blink, of course.  ;)
Dagan's follow-up checkup this morning was A-okay.  His pressures were good with the heart cath...was all good.  Of course, he's a little sore...but he wanted to come home today and not wait until tomorrow.  With two little boys in a hotel room, I guess I don't blame them.  Got another Google Hangouts call before they left.  :) :)
So, they are on the road by now on their way home to Fargo.  And spring has finally sprung, it seems.  We're supposed to be almost 50 degrees today and in the 50s for the next week!!  The snowbanks are shrinking!  I just looked--it is 49 degrees right now--whoohoo!
So, thank you to everyone who said a prayer or sent positive thoughts and well wishes.  Things went as smoothly as they possibly could have.  Hurray!!  Dagan can't lift those boys for 7-10 days, though.  That's going to be a trial--LOL!
So, today--Washed a quick load of clothes (always like to wash up all the cleaning rags after Caroline has been here to clean my apartment, which she was yesterday while we were waiting for them to take Dagan into prep).  I got the last two DVDs from Netflix in the mail for Outlander's season three and I am ready to snuggle up with Annie and wait to hear McFamily is home safe and sound.  ;)
This is why it is so difficult to take pictures of black cats--LOL!    
 Annie ends up looking like a shiny black blob most of the time. 
Oh,--and Bubble's--I think the 17th--has not been looking good the past week or so.  Laying on the plants or the bottom of the bowl--struggling to get to the top to get to his food and sometimes not even caring about his food at all in the mornings.  Acting old and tired.  Already!  :(
Obviously I have had a lot of bettas if this one is the 17th.  They don't usually live very long--but they usually last 1-2 years.  This Bubbles hasn't even been with us for a year yet.  I have had them die in six months before, but that's more unusual.  I'm trying to remember when we got this Bubbles?  I'll have to search on the blog or my five year diary.  
So I cleaned his bowl again yesterday.  Thought it might perk him up.  For an hour or so he was trying to swim around, but then went back to lying about mostly.  Poor guy.  
Oh, that bright yellow you see is the top of a fish food can sitting behind the bowl.
Anyways, had to pop in and let you know all is well.  
Dagan's mom is happy these surgeries are behind him and, of course, that there's no negative heart news.  :)   
We parents always remember them being as little as his boys are now, don't we?  ;)
Have a marvelous day!!  :):)
"A good life is when you smile often. dream big, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are for what you have."  Unknown


Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks Rita for posting that Dagan's operations were successful and they are all on their way home.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to read Dagan's surgery went well and the follow-up was positive, too. SO good to know things are looking up for him.

Your poor beta. Not long, now I fear. But at least you and Annie are OK and waiting patiently for the McFamily to arrive home. Thanks so much for the update.

My name is Erika. said...

Glad to hear that Dagan's surgery went well and all sounds good. I think you must be enjoying those Outlander episodes. It's a great series. :) Enjoy your beautiful spring weather. Hugs-Erika

Dee said...

Dear Rita, so glad that the surgery went well for Dagan and that he didn't have to stay long in the hospital. Glad, too, that you are doing better and feel more equal to the day. Peace.

Anonymous said...

Good news about Dagan, not so good for your fish!

Lady Fi said...

So glad to hear all went well with surgery!

DJan said...

Glad the surgery is behind you and Dagan will be coming home soon. I too know how much we worry when these things are going on with our loved ones and we can't do anything to help. And the Hangout calls sure must be fun for you. I know I love FaceTime with my sister. :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Good news!!! I am so happy it all went well. Nothing worse than having kids far away having procedures. Hope they got back home safe and is Spring!!!!
Your poor fish might go belly up on of these days:(

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's wonderful news about Dagan's surgery! I bet that's a relief for all of you that everything went well (minus the delay in waiting for surgery to begin). There's nothing like recuperating at home...even though he has lifting restrictions. Sometimes the comforts of family and home make healing go by quicker.

Sorry to hear about your fish. I've never had a beta before. Had goldfish in college. Used the water from the sink which I think was treated, and the fish didn't survive long, unfortunately. I should have used bottled water or at least not the city water.

Annie looks like she's enjoying those warm rays from the sun. Each day is looking warmer and more Spring-like now. It's been an excessively-long Winter! We're ready for warmer weather and the warmth from the sun again.

Intense Guy said...

I am so glad Dagan is doing well!!

TammyV said...

So glad to hear Dagan's surgery was a success and that he was even able to leave early. That's always a good sign! My hubby is trying his wings - went back to on site work this week (he's been doing admin at home the whole time he was in treatment - never had a problem with chemo brain so far) - we'll see how that works. He will not stay until everything is packed (usually around 2am) but will come home after he mixes the band (by midnightish I would think). That's only a 12 hour day. :/

Serena Lewis said...

Finally getting a chance to catch up with your blog.

I'm so happy that all went well with Dagan's surgery and follow-up. How cute that Ian named his cat toy, Blink. It must have been so hard for Dagan not being able to lift his boys. After my hysterectomy I wasn't allowed to lift anything over a kilo (2.2 pounds) for a couple of weeks — that obviously included my granddaughters. It was tough.

Black animals are difficult to photograph — close-ups work better but I'm not sure Annie would like you getting in her face with your phone/camera.

Our Betta lasted four years and I was so upset when he died last year. I had become attached to the little guy. It is more common for them to last two years. How is Bubbles now? I know Aaron sometimes puts non-iodised salt into their water to clear off any nasties. I can check with him on quantity and such if you are interested? Do you feed your Betta the little ball pellets? Only two a day?

Yes, no matter how old they are, they will always be our little boys. hehe

Now to your later post...

Victoria said...

Glad to hear the surgeries went wonderful. Aw, your sweet fish is so cute..and love the name..hope he/she is perking up and doing better! I used to have one years ago..a red one named Vegas! Such fun to watch! Beautiful photo..yes black can be tricky to photograph, but I also find that kinda magical!
Have a sweet day