Friday, February 11, 2022

February 11, 2022 Friday--10:15am CT scan results

I know-I know--it's not Monday...but I couldn't wait to share the news.  I already got the results online from my CTscan yesterday and this was the summary:

"Impression:
1. Two liver lesions are visible in the right hepatic lobe which have substantially decreased in size.

2. No other evidence of metastatic disease in the chest, abdomen or pelvis." 

*********************
I had three tumors in the liver...but once before they could only see two, so it's possible the third one (not in the same vicinity) is still there but smaller or it is COMPLETELY GONE, eh?  One down and two to go??!!

Regardless..."substantially decreased in size"!  OMG!  :) :) :)

I am having an infusion next Friday and will see Dr. McCune.  He'll explain the results and all that--but it sure seems pretty clear, doesn't it?!  McCune might be surprised--LOL!

SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!  I had to share with all of you who have been pulling for me all these long months.  All this insanity was worth it and still is.  AWESOME!!

Thank you for each positive thought and prayer.  

This stoic Swede actually cried a happy tear or two.

Bless you!
See you Monday!  
:) :) :) :) :)

22 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great news!!! Have a celebration!!!

CrystalChick said...

OH, Rita... what a wonderful post to read! Thank you for updating today, and sharing this most positive news. I'm so glad for you. Probably don't have to say... have a good weekend as I think you surely will with those results.
Sending love, and continued well wishes!
~Mary xo

Jon said...

What fantastic and encouraging new! I'm so happy for you, Rita. After all you've been through, you certainly deserve positive news. Thanks for the update.

Arkansas Patti said...

That is wonderful news and you must be over the moon. It is working!!! I have danced with cancer before and know how delightful the relief can be. Keep it going girl.

Bonnie said...

How wonderful! I'm so very happy for you. I agree with Connie - celebrate!!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Bloody great news

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is really BLESSED news, Rita. I'm glad you didn't wait to share this with us. I"m sure you are jumping with joy, too. Bless you, dear.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita! Wonderful news indeed! Thank you for sharing with us. Will continue to pray for continued good news! :-)

Anvilcloud said...

Well that’s just fabulous news.

JoyM said...

Oh Rita, such good news. I lost your blog address (and my entire blog) last December and I have been looking for you - and today found that you commented on Far Side of Fifty. I am so relieved I can read, and catch up, on your posts again.
Joy

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The good news just keeps on coming!

DJan said...

Maybe it's my daily prayer that is doing the trick, eh? I'll keep it up and congratulations!!!

Serena Lewis said...

YES!!!! That's fantastic news, Rita!!! The Immunotherapy is getting the job done! YAY!!! I'm so happy for you! xx

Friko said...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jeanie said...

Oh, Rita! This is just the best! I'm absolutely thrilled -- something is working and boy, is that ever wonderful. Three cheers!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on such encouraging news! Hoorah!

Juli said...

Fantastic news!!!! So happy for you!

jinxxxygirl said...

!!!!!! So happy for you Rita!!!!

Mary said...

Awesome news.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I am late in reading this wonderful update, Rita, but what great news and thank you for sharing with all of us.

AliceKay said...

That is great news! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's awesome news, Rita!!! I am so happy to read this and hope your health continues to improve!