Monday, September 05, 2022

September 5, 2022 Monday--9am

Good Morning!

This is about how I felt all week, too--LOL!

When I wasn't busy with all the usual tasks of laundry, cleaning up the kitchen, vacuuming, taking out the trash, scooping the cat box, putting away groceries from Cashwise and Costco, watering on the patio and cleaning up deadheads out there...I didn't get much extra done this past week.  Many lovely fall days--caught up on letters and watched lots of good shows.

Leah sent me this short video.  So many tiny bees!!
A beautiful monarch butterfly hiding in the tree.  
I just read that they are becoming endangered.  

I kept moving the other two cat beds around and look what I found one day.

Yup--she has accepted a second cat bed.  The one that is similar to the first one she liked.  (The one I couldn't figure out why she didn't like because it was quite similar to the only one she liked--LOL!)  

Two down.  She may never like the super fluffy one.  We'll see.

Allie was very polite and didn't sprawl out on top of the Netflix DVD envelope--LOL!

Yes, that's a young Paul Newman.  I rented WUSA--Joanne Woodward was in it, too.  It wasn't very good.  No wonder I had never heard of it.  Also rented Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness--a ton of special effects and universe jumping. 

I took photos of my kitchen appliances for Leah to sell--Kitchenaid mixer, Cuisinart, and beehive blender.  I haven't had the extra energy to use any of them since cancer and chemo and Keytruda (barely did before that with the fibro and chronic fatigue--lol!) so might as well part with them now. 

Oh, and I already do have a cheap dedicated blender used strictly for papermaking.  :)

On Thursday Leah and the boys dropped me off at the clinic for the dermatologist appointment.   Went a little early so I could run down to the cancer center and find out why there was only one appointment (out of the three) for this coming Friday online on My Chart AND that it was at 8am instead of the 10am we wrote down.  They seem to be having issues lately.  The appointments don't all show up right away like they used to and then things can be messed up when they do.

Yup--I am down for 8am.  "Sorry about that.  Can't change it now."  :(  

With all my health issues that means I will have to be up about 3:30am to be okay to leave by 7:30ish.  Takes me a good four hours (IBS)...TMI, I know.  But that is why I try to get afternoon appointments.

Anyways, then I went up to the dermatologist appointment.  So funny...two of the ladies that worked there really thought I had been to dermatology before...because of my bag--ROFL!

Nope.  But that just goes to show you how much I have been in the clinic the past 14 months--LOL!  And that people notice my crazy cat bag--LOL!

The entire experience was a bit weird, to be honest.  The dermatologist was a young, tall, thin drink of water and he had a female student/chaperone with him.  Down to your underpants and gown--you are examined with a little magnifying glass that he places on your odd spots and moles.  No surprise.  But I have never sat striped to the waist having my arm pits and my boobs magnified and even hoisted up to examine underneath--ROFL!  Nobody has ever had that close of a look, I can tell you.  And they are not much to look at when you're 71--LOL!  Still makes me chuckle.  Was a bit awkward, but done quickly.

I had a bump on my forearm that was going away.  He decided to take a "punch" from that one.  Never said he thought it looked like cancer, but did say that there was a possibility that they might be able to tell if it was being caused by the Keytruda.  So, might not help at all but then again might kind of thing, I guess.  Said he'd call in a couple of days.  With the holiday and all it will probably be pretty soon after today.  I'm not expecting them to find anything, really...but you never know.

 After that was done Leah and the boys came in afterwards.  Liam's birthday was in a couple of days so he got his presents from me early.  One had arrived while we were gone...just in time!  
Leah took a video.
Five years old now...and Ian is eight!  Where does the time go?

They put Vaseline on the stitch and a big bandaid.  

Sent me home with a handful of bandaids (smaller ones) and packets of Vaseline so I can change it every day.  Go back in a couple of weeks to have the blue stitch taken out.  This is what it looks like now.
I grew some cat grass to see if Allie liked it.
She did.
Funny--I was chatting with Dagan and kind of warning him that I am soooo used to living alone.  Since I left home at 17 (was a year ahead in school--had graduated) if you don't count when it was just Dagan and me...in the next 54 years I spent 40 of them on my own.  Since 1993 been on my own--decided I had no taste when it came to men and was safer and much happier without them.  Even growing up us three kids lived solitary lives--each of us spent progressively more time alone in our rooms...even ate in our rooms.  So this is going to be a huge shift for me.

Dagan said he has never lived alone.  He was with me, roommates, and then got married.  And since they've been married they've had people living with them half the time--friends and family.  Complete opposite.

He said he'd like the boys to live on their own.  He didn't have a clearer idea of paying for everything on your own and being totally independent because of always having roommates.  I had never thought about him not living on his own...how true.

I may spend more time downstairs in my apartment than I even think I will--LOL!  Especially now.  When I am not feeling great I tend to keep to myself...and that has been even more for over a year now.  Dagan also said I should be prepared that Blink and Allie could end up being best buds and Allie might spend more time upstairs than I do--LOL!  That could be...for sure.  You never know with cats.  But I'd be happy for her if she is happy--period.  That's the most important thing.  

Anyways, I have been watching a ton of stuff the past couple of weeks.  Jot down some of them because I'd never remember otherwise--LOL!  Some of you seem to like to know what I'm watching.  

On Acorn it's a long slow process for me to watch The Sommerdahl Murders because it has subtitles so I can only watch an episode or two at a time reading with the wonky eyes.  

Netflix--I saw that The Road to Perdition was going to be removed end of August.  It was so good that I watched it again before it was gone.  (I seem to have rewatched a few things lately--lol!)  Watched S1 of Pieces of Her.  Somehow got to watching Instant Dream Home and got sucked into the whole season of them redoing homes in 12 hours...but you can watch the beginning and skip to the end--LOL!

BritBox--I kind of accidentally watched The Secret of Crickley Hall--not a horror movie fan, thought it was a detective show but then wanted to know what happened--lol!  Watched S1 of Sister Boniface--spin off from Father Brown that was pretty good...and a mini-series called Dandelion Dead that had some very dark humor.  I re-watched S6 of Shetland--because I really like it and the final season is coming up September 13th.  (I also have re-watched seasons of Vera and Wallander in the past because they are just so good.)

On YT-TV I watched the final season of Better Call Saul.  (Made me want to re-watch Breaking Bad--LOL!)

So, I have seen a lot of good shows the past couple weeks.  Grateful to have so many choices.  

This week I have a CTscan on Wednesday (fingers crossed for good news) and then my early appointment for infusion (and scan results) on Friday.  For me--will be an exhausting week...but, hopefully, a really good one.  I hope it is a really good week for you!  Till next Monday...best to you and yours!!  :) :)

9 comments:

DJan said...

Better Call Saul made me watch the whole series of Breaking Bad again. I enjoyed it very much the second time, too. I also started watching (on Apple+) Bad Sisters, which I'm enjoying very much and can recommend it. Glad to know you're still in the purge mode for the Big Move! :-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Yes that sounds like a good Dermatology appointment! They look at everything!! You have been busy watching TV. I start watching something and fall asleep. Have a good week!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a good dermatology appointment. I think you like your doctor, too.

I was going to get one month of Acorn, then go to a year of Brit Box. When I got my new TV, I learned I can get Freevee, which gave me 20 seasons of Midsomer Murders. I've seen them before, but it is fun to watch them again, because I have completely forgotten who did what to whom. I know what you mean about rewatching a favorite show, because I can definitely relate. Happy Labor Day, dear Rita.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I guess if you're going to go and have them checked they might as well look at all of them!

Anvilcloud said...

Also looking forward to Shetland. Recently watched Sommerdahl. It’s okay but not great. Have a good week.

Divers and Sundry said...

You sound like you've had a busy week. I hadn't heard the next season of Shetland was coming up so soon! I have enjoyed that series. I trust the results from your CT scan will be good news. Take it as easy as you can {hug}

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Busy week for you. I am glad you got your dermatology appointment over and done with. I hope you had good results from your scan yesterday. We were out of town, so I am playing catch-up with blogs. I will look forward to an update with your next post. See you then. Have a good weekend. :-)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As always, you have had a busy week, Rita, and I am slow in catching up with blog reading this week. Glad that Allie is happy with the cat beds and the grass. It was great to see you celebrating Liam’s 🎂early with both boys and the gift unwrapping was fun. Hope the sale of no longer needed appliances goes well.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Forgot to add that I hope nothing ominous is found in the sample. Also, thanks for the updated viewing choices. We have been catching up on Vera. Sister Boniface was not a favorite, but we enjoy Shakespeare and Hathaway and my favorite character there is Sebastian.