Monday, November 20, 2023

November 20, 2023 Monday--5am

 Good morning!

First of all, I have to tell you I did not call Federal Housing this week.  I try to wait whenever possible to talk to people when I am upset.  It usually never goes well when I don't have a better perspective, if you know what I mean.  And I am glad I waited.  The more I thought about it...I decided to leave well enough alone...at least for now.  I already signed the paperwork for Federal Housing and my share won't go up till July, anyways.  I plan to just sign another lease with Goldmark because I will have another one to sign in July.  

Main reason is that I decided I don't want to piss off Goldmark when I plan to be moving this coming year and they could get nasty about me breaking a lease.  They could be stinkers and make me pay rent until it gets rented after I move out.  And I think they've been having more trouble renting them because they've been trying to encourage residents to get other people to move in here by offering us rent reduction or credit for a month.  

Also, it plainly says that if I didn't sign the lease I would revert to a month-to-month rental.  If I am not gone by July--well, a month-to-month might be a good idea at that point.  I won't be breaking a lease I would be responsible for, you know.  It would prevent them hitting me with the paying the rent if no one moves in right away.  Plus, I still plan to give a two-month notice, regardless.  (I honestly think it will take Dagan and Leah that long to get all that IKEA furniture put together and all the other arrangements made.) 

So, I am just leaving things as they have been now for a couple of years, I think...and pray the move goes well and Goldmark doesn't give me any grief.  I will be gone fairly soon, anyways.

What have I done all week...besides being entertained by the Critter Cafe?

It's been a week of baby steps in the studio with P&P that have slowly added up to a lot.  This is what it looks like right now.  The closet.  I still need to finish going through in there.
The two bookcases on the far wall.  The bottom shelves are emptied out so that I can turn the small table up against them for so much more room in there!
Keanna came Tuesday and I asked her if she could climb up and get down all the punches for me.  Even on a stool when I have to reach across so far over the tables...I am just too short on one end--lol!  Keanna not only took down the punches, but all the rest that was on those two shelves, too!  You can probably see the die cutting table is cleared off...
...and the art table, too.
I am down to the "keeping for the winter" stuff in these two bookcases on this wall, too.
So the U-Haul wall in the bedroom is bigger.  The black bag is a donations bag.  But those two large boxes you see in the middle of the floor...
...well, I discovered that size is really a lot harder for me to push or drag all the way down the hall into the bedroom after I moved one of them, as you can see on the right side.  Yup!  Took me struggling all the way down the hall to decide it made more sense to fill the biggest ones right there in the bedroom--LOL!  Duh!
As you can see, though--I've made a LOT of progress!!  It's been work, rest, work, rest...baby steps...all week.  Sometimes I had to rest for a day or more, but the tortoise wins the race, right?

Allie has been checking out everything I do, of course.
Sunday--made a roast in the crock pot!  Yummm!
Even the table behind my chair got cleared off.  Just holding my Christmas cards awaiting envelope addressing--lol!  Which I must do now this week.
I thought Allie was being pretty calm about all the box filling and things being moved around...but what is this?  I have never seen her drag out this many toys all at once--ROFL!  
She has mostly only taken out 2 or 3 at the most.  She was all wound up and half her toy basket is now on the floor--LOL!

It is so nice to look into the studio from my chair and see the progress.
I just might finish in there this coming week.  But I do need to get Christmas cards ready to mail, for sure.  That is on the top of the to-do list this week.  

It was in the 40s and 50s all week, but starting Thursday we go back into the deep freeze.  Leah brought me in another bag of bird seed from the garage, so the Critter Cafe is all set for a while again.  This is a short weekly blog for me this time.  Been busy and getting things done.  Hope to do the same this week.  Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate it.  Be kind.  Keep positive thoughts in your heart.  Till next week, my friends.  :)

12 comments:

DJan said...

I think you made the right decision. They have not shown themselves to be very honest people, you know? I'll be glad when you're tucked safely in the new home. :-)

jinxxxygirl said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment Rita... Your right slow and steady wins the race.. You may be right to hold your tongue.. those apt complex's can really require a lot of money to get out of anything.. Wishing you well. Hugs! deb

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Baby steps are progress too, and any progress is good. Good call on not making that phone call, sounds like you thought it through.

Divers and Sundry said...

I also think you made the right decision. If their treatment of their current residents becomes more widely known they could have trouble renting, and then where would you be?

You've gotten So Much done! Great!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I agree, Rita, that trying to talk to others when you are upset doesn't always bring the desired result. You seem to know the "lay of the land" so to speak as far as the rental process goes at your place, so you plan to not rock the boat ay be the best course now. I know here in the mill apts, that renters have the same option of going month-to-month vs. signing a new lease if they are also considering a move in less time than a year. It does get more costly as you said, our neighbors down the hall are doing that while still looking for a house to buy. They've been looking since they moved here over a year ago...so it's a long process.

Lots of progress in filling up those U-Haul boxes and glad you are feeling well enough to continue. The crock pot roast must have been wonderful too and sure you enjoyed a nice easy home-cooked dinner too!

Wishing you and Allie a very Happy 🦃

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Trying to talk about stuff when I am upset doesn't go well as my thoughts are not in order, I would ask myself if it was worth while pissing people off who may just turn a round feed me a bunch of lies in order to shut me up.

Your home is more orderly then mine, my mum and myself use to cook a roast in the slow cooker aka a crock pot

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Everything in your place looks so neat and organized except maybe Allie's toy spot. I am glad you are making so much progress in getting ready to move. I think you are very wise in waiting to contact Gold Mark with your concerns. I have found that if I try to solve things when I am upset, it doesn't go well and nothing really gets solved. You will be out of there and in your lovely new place with McFamily soon enough. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's always good to hear what you are up to. See you again soon!

Jenny Woolf said...

Maybe Allie senses something is on your mind. Animals can be almost psychic sometimes, don't you find? I wish I could see inside their brains! I hope that all goes well for you with the rental. This legalistic stuff and leases etc. are such a nightmare. You're doing right to stay calm and sit tight for a bit, if you keep a low profile there is a good chance that all will be well. I believe it's Thanksgiving in the USA so I wish you a happy and peaceful one Rita!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting you for Thanksgiving. I caught a bug that knocked me out. Good you decided to just sign and not disrupt your own sense. Love the look into that room. Hope your turkey day was wonderful, dear Rita.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm really late visiting. The week is almost over and you're probably ready to start your next post. I'm sure you'll make all the right decisions with leases. You know what the company is like. I had a sleepy Thanksgiving and was very happy to have the day off. You continue to do so well at your organizing. As always, Allie is your loyal assistant. It's funny that she took out so many of her toys. All of the dog toys are picked up in my house with Princess at school. Penelope can get toys out if she likes but she hasn't shown any interest. She misses her best friend. The house is very quiet.

Love,
Janie

Barwitzki said...

In any case, you did it right...
Sometimes you just have to let the resentment die down and take plenty of time to deal with things... and sometimes things take care of themselves - i.e. "rest within yourself" is a good recipe, leave the resentment outside.
I wish you all the best.
Just right... a positive hug to you.