Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Tuesday-10am

Bit of a late start on this freezing morning (20 F or -6 C).  Dark day.  Up too late.  The bed was warm.  You know how it is--LOL!  
****
Anyways, good morning!  Leah and I have had trouble with our shared drop box.  She puts pictures in it and I never get them for some reason.  Leah's working on fixing that but, in the meantime, she emailed me her picture of Ian smiling and laughing when they got home from our voting excursion last Tuesday.    
Just as an aside...
I am curious as to why this person usually parks this far back from the sidewalk.  ??  I thought my depth perception was bad--LOL!  
Well, I did my paper testing on week #2 of the Paper Project. 
For those interested--these blank papers are, from left to right: G. Lalo Verge de France, white, 100 g; Clairefontaine Triomphe, white, 90 g; Clairefontaine GraF it, white, 90 g.  All performed beautifully, of course, and there was no bleeding or shadowing--not even with the 1.5 Parallel Pen.  
I am intimately familiar with the Clairefontaine Triomphe writing tablets because I have been using those for several years.  The paper is soooo smooth that any pen just glides effortlessly across the page.  Little longer drying time but I write with fine & extra fine nibs and do have ink-patience (and a cute rocking blotter--lol!) so it's never been an issue for me.
****
The G. Lalo Verge de France (notice I spelled Rhapsody correctly this time--lol!) is very different than the rest.
G. Lalo has this softly ridged grid like a hand-laid paper.  Very fancy.  Seems very absorbent, dries quickly, and has a lot of tooth--but still has no bleed-through.  The slight bumpiness took some getting used to but, then again, I am used to the almost slippery-slick Triomphe and Rhodia writing tablets.  
Can you tell I am having a great time playing with papers--hehe!  I just got week #3 in the mail!!  Whoohoo!
****
McFamily arrived last night.  (They went visiting for the weekend and bumped to Monday.)  I thought they were coming to pick up Phil...but they worked on putting more red furniture together instead.  TaDa!!  The choice was probably more than okay with Phil being as the temp was in the teens.  (How did it get this cold this fast?)
****
So now the second end table is together.  (These are so cute I can hardly stand it!)    
Notice the new Contigo raspberry insulated coffee cup for T-Stands For Tuesday.  :) 
Yes, I'm trying another brand.  This one doesn't wobble...but the cover is tricky for me with my weak/bum arm.  I have to screw it on very tightly or it dribbles on me.  So if you have arthritis or any weakness in arm/wrist strength--then I wouldn't recommend this brand.  I think I'll get used to it, though, and how it is supposed to feel when closed tightly.  If I let it sit a couple minutes and tighten again before I drink I have better luck--LOL!  But it sure is pretty and holds a lot of coffee and keeps it hot for a long time.  ;)
****
And finally...

drum roll, please... 
Yes!!  They got the TV stand together, too!! 
How awesome is this!!  See the hole in the back for all the cords? 
Left it wide open to air out all night because it does/did have a strong paint/lacquer smell to it...(noticed cat hair inside this morning)...but I love it!! 
At this point Ian needed to go back home and start getting ready for bedtime.  Gramma got to give him a bottle and hold him while he took a short snooze...so, once again, arms full of baby and no pics--LOL!  We need to get a video, though.  His latest thing is giving the raspberry!  Was cracking me up.  But Dagan and Leah warned me it's not as funny if he does it with a mouthful of milk or sprays you with a juicy drool raspberry--ROFL!  Good thing Gramma is washable, eh?
****
Anyways, next time they come over we'll be doing the furniture switch...which involves all the mystery cords and boxes that keep Netflix and I the BFFs that we are.  ;) ;)  I'll pray for some above-freezing weather for poor Phil's move...and I do plan to tackle the scary sewing machine...soon.  Caroline got the flu and switched to Thursday, poor thing.  We are hitting single digits this week...maybe we did already?  I have matching end tables.  I plan to visit McFamily this week so Leah and I can start stamping Christmas cards.  Life may be very cold, but it's good!  That's what's happening up here in Fargo.  
Happy Tuesday!!  :):)
****
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

27 comments:

voodoo vixen said...

Oooh that sounds very cold and I would be the same if my bed were nice and toasty... though the cats don't seem to feel the same and have me up early in the morning for their breakfast! Love the red furniture... and understand about the cat hair totally... seem to ahve that stuff on everything in this house! Annette

Ariel said...

Oh my goodness! that is cold but I'm glad to hear that you are doing good and keeping yourself warm and busy. Little Ian is so adorable.
Have a lovely week
Susan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun post of Ian and your new red furniture. Now you know why I use a straw in my mug. I don't have to bend my arm when I take a sip, and I can even drink in the car without worrying about rear-ending someone. It should help the dribble problems, too, just in case you can't get the lid on just right.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store in shorts and a sleeveless top. It was 77F. By 5 pm, the temp had dropped to 36F, and I was now in sweats. When I went to bed this morning, it was a mere 21F, and I was in a long sleeved long heavy nightgown. So much for being ready for this nightmare. Glad Karma is cozy, because Bleubeard is rather chilled. The woes of an owner of a cat with long fur!

Thanks for sharing your week with us for T this Tuesday. Loved Ian's "I voted" sticker.

Linda Kunsman said...

With that kind of cold I'd be in bed longer too-maybe not get out even-lol! That Ian is just the sweetest and happiest baby ever.It's wonderful that you have so much time with the family. And again, as red is my fave color I LOVE the tv stand and table-they add such a nice bit of pop. Wishing you a happy T day!

TexWisGirl said...

yup, love the red end tables and tv stand. :) ian is growing fast!

dawn said...

Hello and Happy T Day! I'm loving all the red furniture, it's so pretty. Little/big Ian is adorable, so nice you get this time with him. I had to laugh at the parking of that car, thank goodness mine isn't quite as bad, lol.
Take care and enjoy your week.

Halle said...

Love that red!! bright and bold!!
What a charmer that little boy must be with a smile like that.
Happy T Day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that red furniture! :)

Hilary said...

He's got the cutest, big smile. Adorable!

And that parked car.. it was me! Or it could be. I'm the world's worst parker. At least 75% of the time, I leave the car, look back and say "ugh!"

DJan said...

That is just the most adorable picture of Ian! And congratulations on getting all that furniture put together and almost in use. Yay! :-)

TwinkleToes2day said...

Oh my word that young chap is totally adorable!! What a fabulos smile he has.
As for your red furniture - swoon - i'm in love wih it! Lol
We had frost for the first time the other day and boy was it cold! It's warmed up a little more agaim, but I think we are in for a cold Winter this year. Stay warm. Stay safe Rita :o))

Anonymous said...

Love your red accents!! We are about to repaint our off white home interior. I want to do a 1-1 1/2 wide diagonal strip on one wall but Bud is against it. What do you think?

Janie Junebug said...

Hi, Ian! I send you hugs and kisses. The new and gently used furniture store in my neighborhood has some great retro bar stools that are red. Actually, they look as if they belong at a soda fountain. Sadly, I have no bar and no soda fountain where they could be enjoyed. I love your red tables.

Love,
Janie

ChicagoLady said...

I love the red end tables! They add so much color to your living room now. Looks like Karma doesn't mind them either.

Darn blogger! When I click on a picture, I don't get the x to close out like I did before! So I have to remember to use my back button to go back to your post. Grrrr

Krisha said...

Oh I know I missed visiting you last week, so I made you first this week.

I'm absolutely in love with your red furniture!!! and Ian is getting so big, what a wonderful smile that little guy has.

Thanks for always visiting on T-day and for the well wishes for the other Gma.

Hettie said...

I know that feeling of a cozy bed all too well. I don't want to get out on a cold morning either!
Great photo of Ian. He obviously thinks voting is a laugh! Or the politicians are funny!
I shall dig out the cup I bought...love it and it is easy to use. Will try and find it on amazon and link it to you.
Hugs
xx

Feral Turtle said...

The raspberry...too cute! Loving your red furniture. I am really thinking of painting my table red but I will have to wait til hubby's out of town. Better to ask forgiveness than permission! hehe

Intense Guy said...

Goodness!! How could anyone not enjoy the big beaming smile that Ian has!!!

:)

Victoria Zigler said...

I'm jealous of your red furniture! I want red furniture!

Glad you're getting in plenty of play time with baby Ian and your papers and things.

Carol said...

I am so in love with you red furniture ♥ I'd buy some but I already have red walls so that would be a tad too much red for one room :) Ian is so darn cute in that picture! My cats are all complaining about the cold and all three have started sleeping with us at night. Makes it difficult to roll over at times but other wise enjoy their company and warmth .

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I don't get why some people park so far out from the kerb aren't they worried someone would hit them............

Like the look of the red furniture

Anonymous said...

Ian is the cutest! And what a great TV stand!

andi filante said...

I am loving the red pieces you're adding to your place! They're perfect! Ian is adorable, as usual. Izzy wants to know if you got the special picture of her??

-andi

AliceKay said...

Love the red tables. They look great in your apartment.

Ian is adorable. Can't wait to see a video of the raspberries. LOL

It's getting bitter cold here. It's been snowing and sleeting and snowing here tonight, but I don't think it will amount to anything. (one can hope it doesn't) Stay warm out there.

Darla said...

It is Friday already, where did the week go? Just wanted to pop in and say hi anyhow. Love all the new red furniture and it was interesting to read and see your paper experiment.

Darla

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

The t.v. stand looks great! The quote is such a good reminder.

Serena Lewis said...

Goodness, we had temps of 104°F/40°C on Saturday and Sunday was worse. High humidity too which makes for sauna-like conditions. Please send some cold temps my way.

I hope Leah sorts out the problem with Dropbox. Ian is such a happy, little man in that photo.

The person's depth perception must be way off.

I know how much you love paper and ink! The Clairefontaine Triomphe is a lovely paper. :)

Your red furniture looks fantastic!

I like that quote...the power of the mind is an amazing thing. I always liked the following -
Let your thoughts be positive for they will become your words.
Let your words be positive
for they will become your actions.
Let your actions be positive for they will become your values.
Let your values be positive for they will become your destiny.
-- Mahatma Gandhi

Love and hugs ~ xo