Monday, November 01, 2021

November 1, 2021 Monday--2pm

Good afternoon.
I have very little to tell you about my week.  Leah and I went on Friday to the clinic and I just had a hydration infusion again.  I spent the week sleeping, barfing, and being a chair potato.  Less barfing, though, than last week--so that's good.  I never even worked on letters.  Have developed a sore throat and cough now...so just taking it easy.

Dagan got his new pacemaker on Monday down in Minneapolis.  They are very concerned about the "pacemaker pocket" being able to heal properly anymore.  He's had that pocket opened and closed so many times since he was 12 years old that it didn't even bleed when they cut him open and he has no pain so the nerves are basically dead, too.  They stitched and stitched him up and put that superglue stuff in there, too--wrapped him with an ace bandage around his chest and we're all crossing our fingers it will heal up and stay closed.  He has to be really careful what he does and how he moves fr the next few weeks.  Will have checkups with his local doctor up here to see how it is healing.  One of those crazy problems you wouldn't have if you didn't live so much longer then they ever thought possible--LOL!  

He'll be 47 tomorrow!!!!  :) :)

Leah sent some pictures.  She and the boys stop often at various parks while the weather is still permittng.  Liam riding a turtle.
I had to really laugh when I saw this one of Ian going down a slide.  He has that baby-fine hair like Gramma that can turn electric and stick straight out from your head--LOL!
In this one Liam fell asleep like that with his butt in the air, as kids are wont to do.  

Liam seemed quite excited about their garden haul.
Pumpkins and watermelons.
The boys working on some decorations for Halloween.  (I do miss them so.)
The carved pumpkins had those cool changing colored lights inside.
This year the boys just did a Halloween candy hunt again.
Kind of like an Easter egg hunt around the house.
They got packages of Keto candies and goodies.
I hear rumors that they are saving some to send to Gramma.  ;)

When we left the clinic on Friday we thought there had been an appointment set up for another hydration infusion for Tuesday afternoon but when I checked online this weekend--nothing.  So, we're tryng to get ahold of them today to see if we can go in tomorrow or even Wednesday afternoon for an extra hydration appointment.  They are either really busy or understaffed.  Can't seem to connect.  Waiting for a call back. 

Anyways, that's the plan (or was) for this week.  Two hydration infusions and see how I am doing.  So far--slowly getting better on the barfing end of things but now sound like a frog and coughing.  That's easier to deal with, though.  :)

Still very, very tired.  Kind of awake a few hours, sleep a few hours--around the clock.  Not very functional...just working on healing and feeling better.  :)  Till next week, my friends.  You are the best!!!

You've probably heard this quote before but I do love it and it is so perfect for fall:

As I walked down the avenue, the late afternoon sun was turning the lovely and dying sycamore leaves into fragments of brilliant stained glass, and I said to myself, “This alone is worth the price of admission to our broken and glorious world.”

Linda Larsson

17 comments:

DJan said...

I am glad to hear that you are somewhat better. And fingers crossed you will be able to get in for that hydration session. Sending you lots of healing vibes, dear friend. Love that Liam butt in the air shot! :-)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Oh, I am so glad you are slowly feeling a bit better. That is good. You have been in my prayers. Such fun pictures of your Mc Family. Those grandsons are so darn cute. I have baby-fine blonde hair like you and Ian. Hope you continue to rest and feel better. Let us all know how Dagan is doing next week. I hope he heals up well too. See you again soon!

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you get your infusion and that it helps.

What a victory for Dagan to live this long in his circumstances.

Bonnie said...

I hope they get the hydration appointment straightened out since it sounds like it helped you. You know all the barfing you have had could cause that sore throat. Stomach acid will do that unfortunately. I am glad to hear that Dagan has his new pacemaker and I'll keep him in my thoughts for a complete and easy healing. The pictures of the boys are so bright and cheerful! I know you must love it when they send you new pictures of them. Please rest as much as you can and hopefully you will continue to feel a bit better each day. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Rita.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad to read Dagan has a new pacemaker. I'm sure you are breathing a sigh of relief.

The boys look happy with their carved pumpkins. And it looks like they made a haul by finding candy around the house.

I feel for you and your not wanting to do much. I hope you are able top contact the clinic and get the infusion you need, dear.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I was so hoping you would be feeling better and the barfing was history. Drink what you can and rest! The boys are so cute!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

The quote is wonderful. May it give you strength.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

As so many others, Rita, I too am hoping that you can get another hydration appointment and also glad to read the barfing has eased and hopefully a couple of other discomforts too. Birthday wishes to Dagan and hope all goes well for him too. Lots of healing thoughts for both of you. Looks like Ian and Liam had a fun celebration and play day too. Rest up, my friend, and while these sound like simple words to say they bring many wishes for feeling better this week at the start of a new month.

Mary said...

Good to hear that the vomiting is subsiding. Hope you can get another hydration appointment and that the sore throat and cough ease up soon. Healing thoughts for Dagan, too. May the resting bring healing--probably the best thing you can do for yourself at the moment. Take care.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad to hear there's improvement in the nausea problem. Maybe soon it'll be completely gone.

Great photos! Looks like they're having fun :)

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

A more positive post with great photos

DVArtist said...

Lot's going on with good news. The kids are so darn cute.

Jon said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dagan. You've both been through so much. I like the Halloween photos - and am surprised that there are still watermelons this late in the season.

Serena Lewis said...

Sorry to hear you are still not back to your norm...less barfing is good though.

I hope all goes well with Dagan's pacemaker pocket healing. What happens if it doesn't heal? Happy 47th, Dagan!

Static hair! LOL Bradley hates when we gets winds here because then there is a lot of static electricity in the air and he is always getting zapped. Nice pics of the boys.

Hope you feel better sooner than later so you can start the Immunotherapy.

Know that I'm thinking of you.

Love,
Serena xo

Teresa Evangeline said...

Thinking of you, Rita, with Love.

Janie Junebug said...

When I was pregnant with Katrina, I had months of hyperemesis gravidarum, which no one gave a name to then and no one took it seriously (except me because I was so miserable). The stomach acid burned my throat. When I was able to eat, all I wanted was ice cream. I was also able to drink Hi-C. I know it's crappy but it was better than not getting any liquids down.

Love,
Janie

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

That's a great quote! Happy to hear that you are throwing up less. Looks like they got a good haul with all their pumpkins and watermelons! They are both quite the artists!