Monday, October 24, 2022

October 24, 2022 Monday--2am

 Hello in the middle of the night.  Since I am wide awake I figured I would start the blog, at least, and see how far I get.  Last I heard Leah and the boys are all doing well.  :) :)  Me--I've been about the same as I was last week...not great, but hanging in there.

Monday

Discovered another dead bunny.  This time right on my patio.  The girl from the office came down to get it.  She said we've had three birds hit the big glass doors and die in the last week, too.  Goodness!

If I had a dead rabbit on my patio I expected it to be this almost grown one.  It's been around the past week or so looking so terribly scruffy, hops stiffy, and has a huge goiter-like thing on its neck on the other side.  (You really don't want to see it.)  Poor thing.
I've never seen so many dead or sick bunnies in one summer/fall.  You may recall we did have an adult arctic hare a few years back that Dagan and I put in a bag and brought to the dumpster--died in the yard nearby.  And there was that other arctic hare with a broken leg several years ago that I am sure died someplace.  We know the baby partridges were somebody's meals.  Out of eight babies for two years in a row only one out of the sixteen lived to adulthood.  I haven't seen the small hawk for a couple of years, but it had nabbed some small birds here and there.  One right off my patio that was hiding under a chair.  It truly is Wild Kingdom out there.  

And right now it is looking pretty bare.
I'm still putting out water for the birds.


The waters were frozen every morning and the discs of ice remained out there on the grass for days in the beginning of the week.  It did warm up though.  Was 12 degrees for a low on Monday and we had 30s for highs--but then it was 76 on Sunday!

Do you think they wanted us to come to the tenant meeting--LOL!  We've never gotten a notice in such huge bold print.  Only put them outside the doors on Monday for the Tuesday meeting.  Maybe they think us old folk can't remember very long--ROFL!
Tuesday
I didn't go because I had Keanna here to clean at that time.  If there was anything important they discussed I'm sure I will hear about it.
Back to insomnia--only slept 2 3/4 hours.  Did laundry, started slowly switching the summer and winter clothes, and did some baking.
Wednesday
Up all night again and slept 2 1/2 hours in the morning.  Kept puttering with switching the clothes.  Bottom rack out and packed away.
Summer stuff.
Winter stuff.
I never did get a picture when of all six of them were packed and ready for the garage but I was done on Thursday.

The partridges are now used to having to come up on the patio for seed.  Definitely one covey of eight are regulars several times a day.
Allie loves to watch them.
Talk about a comfy, sunny CatTVspot, eh?

Friday
I did sleep from 9:15pm till 3:15am but was up three times and then couldn't get back to sleep at all.  Leah came over early and we took the clothes bins to the garage before we left for my infusion.  I decided not to get my covid booster yet since I wasn't seeing a doctor or getting lab work.  I'll ask next time when I will see Brittani to see if I can get a Pfizer booster instead of a Moderna.  It's always possible maybe the Pfizer one won't effect me so badly.  Sure it could be just as bad, but it might be worth a try.  (I was in no hurry to feel even more miserable, to be honest.)  

It seemed so weird after nearly a year to not have blood drawn for labwork.  Even threw them off at the infusion center.  They wondered if it would be like that now--every other time no lab or doctor?  Could be.  She didn't say.  She didn't even tell us she was changing things for that visit so we had double checked at the desk.  Brittani barely speaks.

Anyways, it went quickly.  On the way to drop me off Leah picked up Aaron.  They were making a trip to Costco and Target.  When they dropped me off--quite a few people were in the hallways.  This sweet lady from the end of the hall who always chats with me if we run into each other was coming down the hall so we caught up for a while.  She has been so sick, poor thing!  Has had a heart attack and possible stroke now, too...survived and is better except for her right hand not working correctly so she's going to physical therapy still for that.  And she's right handed of course.  Anyways, I finally found out why there were so many people out and about with bags--Hornbacher's grocery store (local) dropped off free frozen meat.  People were going down to the community room to get some.  

So I went down.  There was one lady who lives here who was working on a jigsaw puzzle...otherwise nobody around.  She told me she was there in the morning when they brought in four boxes of frozen meats out of the blue--no warning.  There was a sign saying you could take two packages.  I got a couple steaks and a pound of hamburger.  She told me I should come back later and see if there was anything left because they were just going to thaw out in the frig there and go bad.  She said it sounded like they might randomly bring more food--meat or other foods--at some point.  Odd that there was no warning or anything.  Just was people telling each other--word of mouth--all day long.  Weird.  They have never done that before.

Later Leah and Aaron brought my groceries in for me.  I was so tired from hardly any sleep for three days...they even put my groceries away!  Aaron met Allie...and she LOVED all the attention, of course.  Was sad to see them go and was all wound up for a while--LOL!  Oh!  And Leah and Aaron went down and got me a couple more packages of hamburger.  Nice!  

I was so tired I could hardly move so I just kept watching replays of the free Wanderlust Live sessions (Friday-Monday).  Kind of an advertisement/meet some of the teachers for Wanderlust 2023 (which I have already signed up for).  I am usually asleep within 2-3 hours of getting home from my infusions--but I did FINALLY crash!!  Slept from 10:30pm till 10:15am!!  

Saturday
Barely functional--watched some more art sessions--and still slept again from 9-11:15am.  This is what has been happening--swinging back and forth between insomnia where I am so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open but can't sleep for love or money and then swing to sleeping like crazy...and then the insomnia comes back...and so on.  Really annoying.  I haven't had insomnia since menopause--ROFL!

Oh, I did finish watching 1883...was really good.  You don't need to have watched any of the Yellowstone series at all.  If you like stories about the pioneers you would like this 10-part mini-series.  They went out of their way to make sure everything was authentic...from guns to hand sewn clothing to saddles to wagons to the types of horses and cattle...everything they could possibly get or replicate that was authentic.  They also had representatives from each of the tribes involved so that all their things were genuine and factual.  Most realistic I've seen, I think.  Wasn't glamorous or idealized.  I've always thought the pioneers were brave, crazy, or both.  Desperate really.  Talk about survival of the fittest combined with pure random luck.  If you had any ancestors that were pioneers they were tough...just like the first settlers from Europe were also.  Anyways, if any of you have seen it I'm curious--did you like it?  Do you like stories about the pioneers--or the early settlers?  I have always found them intriguing.

Well, I finished and it's only 3:45am.  I will probably try to sleep again before morning.  I'm trying to think of anything I missed.  A tired brain is a foggy brain.  Oh--the two taller dressers for my living room came back in stock.  There were only three of them in stock and so Leah got ahold of her sister quickly when she got the notice.  I believe they are now in Ariel's garage.  Whoohoo!!  Piece by piece my living room is being stored down in Minneapolis.  I am soooo grateful!!  

We can't order anything for the studio until we have exact measurements, but the living room choices will fit.  Still have two bookcases and two shorter dressers left to go in the living room/kitchen area.  Leah said they are close to having the basement emptied.  Ten years of storage to purge takes some time--lol!  The first thing they have to do when they get started is to re-do the wall under the stairs in the maintenance room for where the washer and dryer will go.  After that is done then they can have the floor done...and be able to have the floor done under where the washer and dryer will go.

My body is exhausted but my brain is wide awake.  Guess I'll watch some more of Shakespeare & Hathaway--and try to get some sleep before the sun comes up.  Supposed to be 62 today and then around 50ish for several days...more normal for this time of year.  Nice!  Well, have a great week!  Till next time...smile, laugh, and make sure your bootstraps are high.  ;) 

12 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

You were probably wise not to go to the tenant meeting. There seems to be always someone who loves to hear his or her own voice and drones on for ever! As you say, if it's important you'll hear about it.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Rita. Wow, that free meat was nice. Glad you got some. So sorry you are experiencing so much insomnia. I have that problem from time to time myself. Not fun. Do you know what is causing so many animal deaths around your patio? Is someone putting poison out? I hope this well goes well for you and that you can get more sleep. I am glad you didn't have any problems getting your infusion. See you again soon!

Divers and Sundry said...

Insomnia is a bummer, isn't it :( I'm still skittish about indoor group gatherings, so I wouldn't've gone to the tenant meeting either. I'm assuming they'll distribute copies of the meeting record.

Poor bunnies :(

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Not being able to sleep sucks I am thankful that I am sleeping well now days

DJan said...

I watched 1883 and really enjoyed it. I was going to watch Yellowstone, but I couldn't find any place to see the first seasons, so I gave up. I loved 1883, though.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I sure hope that you have been able to get some sleep since this was posted, Rita, as you must really be exhausted. How nice to get free meat and chili and meatloaf are what came to my mind for using chopped meat and leftovers are always so much better! Hopefully, the missed tenants meeting wasn't too important. We never have them here in the mill apts, but management does post notices for office closings, policies and the like. So sad to read about the dead bunnies.

DVArtist said...

Another full post. Sorry you can't sleep. We go for our next covid vax on Friday. We have always gone with Phizer. No reactions for us. Sorry about the bunny. The partridges are so darn cute. Nice they come on the porch now. Hope your week will allow you to sleep.

Jeanie said...

I'm so, so sorry about the sleep. It's just really tough when you can't and especially over some time. I hope by now that's a lot better. Very nice about the meat giveaway! Not so nice about the bunnies. That would be very upsetting for me.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope the sleep improves! Hope you have a better week this week! That poor bunny...I wonder what was wrong with it:(

Janie Junebug said...

1883 sounds good. What streaming service is it on? Or did you watch it on DVD? I have Peacock streaming now because it's only 1.99 a month for a year. It has Yellowstone, which I would like to watch. Work really cuts into my tv and movie watching! I hope your sleepiness and sleep times even out soon. I've had trouble sleeping the last few nights. Nice that you got some free meat. Is that a grocery store that dropped it off? I hope they do that again and it's good quality.

Love,
Janie

Dee said...

Dear Rita, so glad you got some free meat. The price of groceries has gone up, and although, being a vegetarian, I haven't bought meat since 1980 (42 years!), I think of it as expensive. Maybe not, but every penny saved is a wonder.

Insomnia must just leave you feeling absolutely depleted. When I don't get enough sleep, I don't think well. Can't string one thought to another with any logic. But you really strung together--and remembered a whole week of living. I find that amazing!

Take care. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Peace from Dee Ready (cominghometomyself)

Unknown said...

That was so generous of Hornbacher's to give that free frozen meat to everyone! I'm glad you got some of it. Meat prices are SO expensive these days. I hope your insomnia resolves itself and that you get some sleep soon. That would be difficult to try to get through a day with only a couple to few hours of sleep.