Monday, October 10, 2022

October 10, 2022 Monday--10:15am

Good morning!

Today is a picture day--lol!  Funny how some weeks I don't have many at all and other weeks I have a ton and then Leah sends some, too--LOL! 

*****
Well, this is how my life goes these days when my body is the boss of me--LOL!  Suddenly had one of those light shows in my left eye and had to leave for a good while...not that you'd know it, of course.  Anyways--let's start again.  It's now 11am.

Monday
McFamily made a Cashwise drop off in the parking lot and I even got to see Dagan that time!  My Amazon orders came.  

Miss Allie gets very stressed out when she is even getting low on food or water so with the quite small dishes I was having to refill a couple times a day.  Leah told me she had to get a really big, heavy, stainless steel bowl for Blink for her water because Blink wants to put one foot in the water dish while she drinks causing way too much spillage.  (Cats are each so different!)  With the hope that Allie and Blink will eventually share one day...I decided to order a couple of those dishes for Miss Allie.  
They are actually dog dishes--LOL!  But there has been no pacing in the pantry crying since she got them.  ;)
This is how silly I am--I ordered colors that coordinated with my Yeti cups.  My navy blue one is always water and my turquoise one is always coffee.  I know--coffee isn't food--but it IS as essential to me and I would probably pace and cry if I was out--ROFL!  ;)  (I also have a red Yeti that is just for coffee so that if I am cleaning one there's another one at the ready.)

As the bathroom has become my first room to purge and reorganize--I made some changes to clean up the clutter I perpetually had on the countertop.  Got a black bamboo tray for the toilet tank, a spare roll holder that hangs off the tank...
...and a small matching black tray for the counter that forced me to remove over half the clutter.  Little things that make a big difference.  :)
Found out Miss Allie loves to lie upon garbage like Karma did.
There is one thing Allie does pace around the apartment and cry for, though...catnip!  She is an addict.  Maybe her former owner gave her dried catnip regularly. 
 Maybe they were as fascinated by her addiction--LOL!  I've had cats that loved catnip and catnip toys--but none can compare to Miss Allie.  She got a catnip rainbow toy in the Amazon order.  ;)  She's going to be so spoiled.  Well, I think she was already spoiled--hehe!

She fell asleep with her face on the rainbow toy, of course.
Tuesday
Keanna came to clean.  I should ask her if she'd mind if I got a picture.  She's already getting into a routine.

I did laundry.  (Have been trying to wash smaller loads since the washer went crazy--still don't trust it.)  The 40# bag of kitty litter came late in the day.  Managed to get it on to my cart and to the apartment from the entryway.  Been a long time since any of the delivery people carry it to my door for me. 

Wednesday
A quiet day.  Very tired--was on insomnia swing.  Watched DVD from Netflix I really enjoyed--Where The Crawdads Sing.  Had the usual company--partridges... 

...the baby bunny looking for Allie.
Even though Allie keeps watch...

...and sees her bunny friend often...
...she also spends half the day snoozing.  
This is her latest sleeping spot addition.  She wants to go there whenever the mood strikes her so I can't tuck the chair back where it belongs anymore.  Karma and Annie only wanted to sleep there when I was working at the table--to be next to me.  Allie wants that, too--but she decided she likes that comfortable memory foam cat bed available at all times.  Yes, she came pre-spoiled--and she will let you know what she wants--ROFL!  I prefer to think of it as she is a lady that knows what she likes.  ;)

Anyways, Allie was snoozing in the kitchen there and missed the baby bunny war on the patio.  Another baby bunny was out there and I thought it looked just a bit bigger than Allie's buddy.  Sure enough--out came the smaller one and chased the other bunny around in circles and off the patio.  Allie's bunny is quite a territorial tiny thing--ROFL!  And Allie missed the show.  Oh well.

The moon has been out before it is dark.
Thursday
The printer died.  First is wouldn't wake up at all--black screen.  Later it had a flashing error code on it.  (Couldn't help but think how nice it will be when I am living downstairs and can get help quicker for these baffling techie things.)

Friday
Leah had been going to come over and repot my inside plants but a couple days ago she had come down with the sore throat and cold that Ian had.  I was concerned that it was probably too cold anymore to do it this year, anyways.  We had it get down to 27degrees...
...and the killed off a lot of the coleus.
I need to get out there and just cut back like crazy.
The plants get more brittle and soon they will be snapping off right and left anyways--well, especially the coleus.  I agree with the critters.  Time to prepare for winter.  They come to fatten up.  I need to go out and chop away on the planters. 
Since it has been cold and I've had to have the patio door shut more often I decided to see if Allie would have more interest in the Cat videos on YouTube.  She was sitting up next to me...
...but that wasn't close enough for very long.
Her real life bunny buddy is her favorite, though, of course.
Saturday
Much to my surprise, Leah decided to come over that night and repot the plants!  It was the warmest day of the entire weekend so we had a short window of opportunity and Leah insisted she felt better.

She also fixed my printer (only had to unplug it), dumped the big bag of kitty litter in the bin for me, and brought me some treats!  I totally forgot to take any pictures--but Leah worked outside in the grass in front of my planters.  Combined both my philodendrons into the big pot in the center of the picture and put a bunch of baby spiders in with the mother plant to try to save that one.  She's on the left--lopsided.
I was also growing up another batch of cat grass for Allie.
Leah took out the four baby spider plants she'd put together out to the front entryway with a "free" sign. 
One was gone immediately.  The biker lady who lives here came in (I've seen her in her full leather biker garb before so I knew who Leah was talking about--she's nice and has a huge motorcycle) while Leah was setting them down and she wanted one.  So one was gone immediately.  That was late Saturday night and they are all gone now today. 

Leah worked until after dark and needed the outside light on the patio.  

Sunday
Another small load of laundry and more letters set up.
I love the random pictures that pop up on the TV.  That's Ian as a baby.

I'm glad Allie likes the bed on that chair.  Decided to move the table over a bit so I have more room to get into the frig.  
Now that it has gotten colder we have more constant visitors to the Critter Cafe all day long.
Huge flocks of sparrows now.
Miss Allie was so glad I grew some more cat grass for her.


She really gets in and gnaws.
This week

While I have been writing Leah and the boys stopped by with a bag of the Origin cat food they picked up for me.  So nice to see Allie loving the attention and not being scared of the boys at all.  They are coming back with the crock pot later.  (Leah needed it for a gathering a little bit ago.)

I have my annual checkup with Dr. Kessler on Friday.

Other than that--just trying to get as much done as I am able.  Working on the bins in the bedroom.  Hoping to cut back the planters today or tomorrow while we have decent days.  We're heading back to the 30s at night shortly.  I don't push me anymore...necessity pushes me--LOL!

Leah sent pictures this week, too!
The boys love to stop at playgrounds whenever they can...
...and now's the time before it gets too cold.
Leah sent pictures of the school and gaming room.
I couldn't help but think--that's kind of like what my studio is going to look like.
Walls of bookcases around the room around a table in the center--LOL! 
Leah also sent me these pics.  They had these two pictures in their living room back in their townhouse they rented before they bought the house.
They liked them so much they never got rid of them even though they hadn't found a place to use them in the house.  She wondered if I would like them on the landing in the stairwell to the basement?  YES!  We'll try them there.  See if they fit.  I have always loved them, too.
Love the random shots like the boys crashed out on the couch.
I told you the boys saw Starwars for the first time...well, that really got Ian's creative juices flowing!


Liam crashed on a stuffed panda.
I forgot to ask where they were for these...
...but it looks like a fun time.
Liam is no longer in a car seat.
Ian loves golfing with Daddy.

Well, there you go.  Tons of photos this week.  I better proofread this before Leah and the boys are back with the crockpot.  Nice to have visits again!!

I hope your week fills you with inspiration and joy!
Till next time...

14 comments:

DJan said...

Wow, what a great post, filled with joy and lots of activity on everyone's part. Love all the Allie pictures and stories, especially. And yes, she is definitely spoiled, but why not? :-)

jinxxxygirl said...

Looks like a funfilled week Rita!! You got alot done! Love all the pics! We got some rain!! Hugs! deb

Deb J. in Utah said...

This is such a nice, upbeat post. I love the pictures of Liam and Ian's school room surrounded by all those books! Fun pictures of the boys and also Allie. I hope you have a great week! See you again soon.

Janie Junebug said...

Access to plenty of food and water helps Allie feel secure, I guess. Maybe she didn't have enough for a bit while she was waiting for you, or maybe she's always been that way. We used to have a cat who loved cat grass. She was also our only cat who was interested in catnip. She would get so drunk on it. I love it that Allie has a bunny friend. You have so many great, happy pictures of Allie and the boys this week.

Love,
Janie

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope your Dr visit goes well! You had a very busy week! Allie seems like a great kitty! She is all settled in :)

DVArtist said...

There is always so much going on at your place. There is nothing like watching sleeping kids. Hope your visit to the doctor goes well for you.

Juli said...

Love the pics! It's still in the 40s here at night, though we're still getting into the mid 60's during the day. The leaves have all started changing now, it's so pretty.

The kids are adorable. Pop on over if you get a second... we have a new addition over here too. :)

Linda said...

I have certainly enjoyed visiting with you this evening! You've been a busy lady!
My granddaughter Faith loved Where the Crawdads Sing....I haven't read the book yet but I will....and watch the movie!

Anvilcloud said...

Cats tend to get anxious when they can see the bottom of the bowl even though there's still food in there. Silly things. And your cat also seems to be a a bit of a druggie. :)

Divers and Sundry said...

You have so much going on! I'm glad you have energy enough to enjoy all the activity :)

Jon said...

So many wonderful outdoor critters! I love the bunny, partridges, and squirrel.

Allie looks so content. I have a big doggie dish for my cat Bosco's water. He always drinks a lot - - perhaps because of his sinus and respiratory problems (??).

Two nights ago it got down to 34 degrees here in TN. I like cool weather but I'm really dreading winter.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This was a great weekly update post with lots of photos, Rita. Allie is quite the happy feline with her freshly grown grass, catnip and baby bunny to watch. I read the book of Where the Crawdads Sing and didn't have much interest in seeing the film. However, the local library has free films and that one is being shown in a couple of weeks, so I'm going with another resident here who saw it, really liked it and wants to see it again. The weather has been changeable in Nashua with warmish days in the 60s, then 40s overnight.

Hope the checkup brings only good news for you to share, my friend. I am sure you will let us know next week. Also hope that Leah is feeling better as she does work very hard and is a very special lady indeed.

Dee said...

Dear Rita, the three cats with whom I live have been growing old, older, and older yet with me. They all three seem to be drinking more water and I'm wondering if that says something about kidney failure. But the vet doesn't seem concerned, so I'm leaving my worries at the doorstep. Ellie--who is the oldest (16) looks so much like Allie. I'm wondering what we call a black cats with so much orange and brown mingled in the fur. Do you know?

And like Allie, the three cats with whom I live are spoiled . . . and I've loved spoiling them . . . and each likes water in a special way. Several times a day I put ice cubs in the bowl from which Ellie drinks; Maggie likes a small stream of water from any faucet in the house; Matthew seems to like to "sneak" water--he seldom, if ever, drinks from any bowl while I'm around.

thanks so much for sharing these photographs of your grandsons and of Allie. You get so much done, Rita, you are down right amazing! Peace.

Unknown said...

I love how Allie enjoys watching her real-life bunny on the patio. That would have been fun for her to see the bunny war. I didn't know they could be so territorial. The partridges really like your patio too! Wish we had some down here in Scandia (MN).